Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JimmyNYC

using BP and SA together?

Im currently on the regimen for 10 days now and am seeing results :) , eventually, I want to get into a face scrub for exfoliation, and got my hands on some Clearasil for men acne scrub which has SA. If I wash my face then apply the BP afterwards (or maybe just the BP at night), will this irritate my skin too much or will it cause me to break out. Also, I really havent been using the moisturizer as my face hasnt been drying out from the BP, is it necessary? I mean, besides for the dryness, will the moisturizer do anything for the acne?

Hang on! Stick with the basic Regimen for 2-3 months. Let your skin get accustomed to the bp and get clear first. Then if you feel the need to add in something else, do so one thing at a time.

Word of caution though, we do not recommend scrubs. If you feel you want to add in an SA product, find some other means than a scrub, imo.

Also, if exfoliation is what you are aiming for I'd recommend adding in Dan's new AHA+ instead of an SA product. You can apply the AHA+ after the bp once you've been on the Regimen a few weeks.