Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
A.G

Roaccutane - The "gold standard"

In my other post today i was just praising my derm for being so understanding, and just feeling relieved that my family knows how my acne is affecting me and have helped me alot. Basically, its so much better teaming up with a derm or doctor to fight acne and have the support of your family. Dont sit in your room, reading about products that helped other people and ordering them online. They fail most of the time when YOU give them a go and you feel more depressed listening to other people's success stories.

Anyways, back to Roaccutane...

So, today i was given accutane. My derm asked me a few questions about how my acne affected me blah blah and then wham, do you have any thoughts about DEATH. This freaked me out a little but i managed to hang in there. He didnt have me take a blood test but just gave me the prescription for tane to take to the hosptial pharmacy. I have the 6 week supply of tane in my cupboard now! But my blood test is monday, and if results are OK wednesday i can start.

Please answer these if you can

what if accutane doesnt work for me, how soon can i have another course. is there anything more powerful than tane

how bad are the initial flare ups and how long would you say they last.

i go back to school in 2 months, how far will the tane have run its course do you think

ty

In my other post today i was just praising my derm for being so understanding, and just feeling relieved that my family knows how my acne is affecting me and have helped me alot. Basically, its so much better teaming up with a derm or doctor to fight acne and have the support of your family. Dont sit in your room, reading about products that helped other people and ordering them online. They fail most of the time when YOU give them a go and you feel more depressed listening to other people's success stories.

Anyways, back to Roaccutane...

So, today i was given accutane. My derm asked me a few questions about how my acne affected me blah blah and then wham, do you have any thoughts about DEATH. This freaked me out a little but i managed to hang in there. He didnt have me take a blood test but just gave me the prescription for tane to take to the hosptial pharmacy. I have the 6 week supply of tane in my cupboard now! But my blood test is monday, and if results are OK wednesday i can start.

Please answer these if you can

what if accutane doesnt work for me, how soon can i have another course. is there anything more powerful than tane

how bad are the initial flare ups and how long would you say they last.

i go back to school in 2 months, how far will the tane have run its course do you think

ty

For me it got better then got worse now its getting better. This is the first month. I believe it starts to improve on the second month. I don't believe I've seen anything more powerful then tane. You can increase the doses to make it stronger. I think in two months you should see a big improvement.

I did three courses from like 1994 or so to 1998. One was a low dose course. I think we waited at least a year from the start of one course to the start of another course. I always got worse before I got better. I only improved when I came off of it for about 6-12 months and then it would start up again. Sorry I'm not too clear on the dates. It has been a while. I know for sure that I was on the last course (the low dose one) in 1998.

A.G: Tane IS the most powerful drug for acne. and Yes it'll work, and no you wont have clear skin in a month from now... allow it 3 months to really start clearing up.

the last thing you should do is give up any time soon, just keep hanging in there for atleast 3 months. Don't let yourself down when school starts in 2 months and it's not completely clear yet.. you're on the way the clear skin, just give it time. Do NOT pin yourself on those 2 months.