Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jen121

My boyfriend has a coated tongue!

GROOOSSS :sick:

I've been dating him for 7 months and I just found this out last night.

It disgusts me to kiss him now. Is that silly?

I take extreme pride in my mouth being clean and I only put good healthy foods/drinks in my body. I'd hate to cringe everytime I kiss him!

Can he do something about that?

He probably has Candida and it is not something he can control,

doesn't mean he doesn't have good hygiene.

It's coated with white stuff? I think he should be able to get a lot of it off. They have tools for things like that. I have one on the back of my toothbrush.

It's coated with white stuff? I think he should be able to get a lot of it off. They have tools for things like that. I have one on the back of my toothbrush.

yeah thats the thing...most people dont even think about cleaning their tongue. It doesnt matter if you have candida or whatever or not, you can still clean your tongue...

yeah theres things you can buy at the store for it or you can just use the damn brush

Ever since I got interested in health, I have been a keen observer of the tongue.

I have noticed almost everyone has some sort of coated tongue.

If you find someone who doesn't, you probably found someone with awesome digestion genes :D .... or someone who has a really really good diet.

So if you really want to date someone without a coated tonguie, you'll have to date me...

Brushing the tongue is always a good idea and should be a standard part of the daily oral hygiene routine.

Ever since I got interested in health, I have been a keen observer of the tongue.

If you find someone who doesn't, you probably found someone with awesome digestion genes :D .... or someone who has a really really good diet.

So if you really want to date someone without a coated tonguie, you'll have to date me...

Haha, yeah I think it has a lot to do with a person's overal health. I don't have a coated tongue but I contribute that to my strict diet of whole foods.

His birthday is next week, maybe i'll surprise him with a tongue scrapper :razz:

How bad is it for me to kiss a coated tongue? Will it spread to my mouth... uggghh that's just gross.

Haha, yeah I think it has a lot to do with a person's overal health. I don't have a coated tongue but I contribute that to my strict diet of whole foods.

His birthday is next week, maybe i'll surprise him with a tongue scrapper :razz:

How bad is it for me to kiss a coated tongue? Will it spread to my mouth... uggghh that's just gross.

I read today that only if it's deep kissing.

It is nasty to have a coated tongue, but most people think its nasty to have acne. What if your boyfriend wouldn't kiss you because you had acne all over.

Brushing the tongue is always a good idea and should be a standard part of the daily oral hygiene routine.

For real. I brush my tongue every time I brush my teeth. I always thought it was just, like, common practice. Now I'm kind of grossed out, thinking about people who don't do it. I mean, how can anyone feel like their mouth is clean without cleaning their tongue too!?

Try getting him to drink herbal teas like green and oolong. That might quell his tongue problem. Like the others said, brushing wont hurt either.

A few years ago I thought the coated tongue meant you had candidiasis. I'm not so sure it's just uncontrolled diabetes. There were days I've eaten tons of carbohyrates (the so called feeder of candida) yet never got the white tongue.

Additionally you would swallow virtually all of the food before any organism in your mouth has a chance to significantly grow. Some of the glucose spills over into your saliva as well anyways. So if your blood sugar was controlled, it wouldn't be spilled over into your saliva.

FYI if u have a coated tounge due to Candida no matter how much u brush your tounge the coating doesn't come off. Like i said it is not something that you can fix with daily hygiene alone, u have to rid of the fungal overgrowth internally first to rid the coating as well. Tell ur BF to look into Candida and to do spit test. I'm sure a good acidipholis probiotic supplement wouldn't hurt either. If u really cared 4 ur BF u would help him and not ridicule him with disgust.

FYI if u have a coated tounge due to Candida no matter how much u brush your tounge the coating doesn't come off. Like i said it is not something that you can fix with daily hygiene alone, u have to rid of the fungal overgrowth internally first to rid the coating as well. Tell ur BF to look into Candida and to do spit test. I'm sure a good acidipholis probiotic supplement wouldn't hurt either. If u really cared 4 ur BF u would help him and not ridicule him with disgust.

Ya strike up a romantic conversation about how he might have candida. Good luck!

Ya strike up a romantic conversation about how he might have candida. Good luck!

Ya think?