Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JustAnotherOne

Any tips on how to successfully come off the regimen, or slowly ween yourself off?

Hello guys. Well I started the reg back in January and it's been truly a dream come true. I haven't had a single zit since then. (Deepest appreciation to Dan and everyone on the boards for all the hugely helpful tips I've picked up over the months). But I've run into some unfortunate circumstances and by September, may not be able to do the regimen at all for a while. So for the past week and a half, I've cut the applications down to once daily. I'm ecstatic to report that this hasn't affected me yet, no new marks or acne or anything. (Knock on wood). Whether new acne forms or not, I know I have to at least stick to the once a day until that time, but is there anything else I can be doing to help? I take fish oil and zinc regularly, a multivitamin, exercise regularly. Diet hasn't been all that great lately but that's never affected my acne anyways. I've thought about getting back on an oral antibiotic but I'd rather not go down that route. Well, any suggestions would definitely be appreciated. Thanks again for all the help I've gotten here this year. I appreciate that so much.

If you must come off, I think slowly weaning is best. But, may I ask why you feel you can't continue what is obviously working for you?

Hello guys. Well I started the reg back in January and it's been truly a dream come true. I haven't had a single zit since then. (Deepest appreciation to Dan and everyone on the boards for all the hugely helpful tips I've picked up over the months). But I've run into some unfortunate circumstances and by September, may not be able to do the regimen at all for a while. So for the past week and a half, I've cut the applications down to once daily. I'm ecstatic to report that this hasn't affected me yet, no new marks or acne or anything. (Knock on wood). Whether new acne forms or not, I know I have to at least stick to the once a day until that time, but is there anything else I can be doing to help? I take fish oil and zinc regularly, a multivitamin, exercise regularly. Diet hasn't been all that great lately but that's never affected my acne anyways. I've thought about getting back on an oral antibiotic but I'd rather not go down that route. Well, any suggestions would definitely be appreciated. Thanks again for all the help I've gotten here this year. I appreciate that so much.

So how has this been working out for you? I'm interested in cutting down my use of BP also. Next month I'll be on vacation for about 3 weeks and I really need to cut down the amount of time it takes to go through the whole regimen every morning and night. I kept up my regimen during my last vacation, I was in Barbados, and I swear it felt like everyone was always waiting on me to be done with my shower, face washing, face drying, bp application, bp drying, etc... it got so frustrating! Anyways I'm curios as to your outcome now (since you posted this a few weeks ago).