Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am soooooooooooooooooo frustrated with my acne right now. I have been getting bumps on my lower neck and they keep coming.

My face is relatively clear and responds to the clindoxyl gel I have been prescribed, but my neck is not responding to the gel at all it seems. I put a dab (maybe more than I should have?) on the area where I had 2 bumps last night, and then this morning I look and see a third bump...wtf! Is it possible that I dried out the area to the extent that it somehow caused more acne to appear?

I was in a steam room yesterday, so maybe that is why my neck is flaring up

What makes things even more annoying is that my acne seems to come and go; however, if I stop using the clindoxyl gel or washing my face with tea tree oil, then I get problems. I have moments where I feel great, but then acne just decides to come back into my life...

I am supposed to go to a friends party tonight and I just don't want to go because I have these red marks on my neck....I am in no mood to drink beer and socialize.

My neck & chest/shoulders break out in the summer. Like, with my neck, it's really weird, because it's just BUMPY all over the sides & back. Sometimes the bumps become red & inflamed. Anyway, when that started up again last month, I started using Lush's Ocean Salt on my neck every morning. I had been using it on my chest & it was working fairly well, so I thought I'd give it a try. Within a few days, the big red pimples had dried out & my neck is definitely less bumpy. I also spray my neck with the tea tree oil toner from Lush in the morning & evening.

It's funny, because using Lush products on my face was a disaster, but I've had really good results with them on my body. Given that, I'd try to get samples before buying the products, just to make sure you don't have any sensitivities -- the sea salt has alcohol & salt in it, so I imagine it's pretty harsh if your skin is easily irritated.

I noticed that I started sweating when I sleep sometimes....ewww, I know GROSS!...but I figured out that it was from my pillow. I sleep on my side with my pillow tucked way under my neck. Also, if I sleep on hubby's side of the bed and use his pillow then I break out BIG TIME! I started washing the sheets more often, a few times a week in hot water...if I keep up with this really well then I notice I don't have breakouts on my neck. (It may help to use fragrance and dye free laundry soap...my nephew swears by it)

I also started paying close attention to my neck when I go through my twice a day cleansing routine...it has helped.

Thanks for the replies. I think I may have aggravated my skin with stress, this granola I have been eating too much of (but tastes really good), turkey sausages (I don't know if this is a factor or not, but I recently started to eat a lot of them), and coffee.

However, I drink lots of water and try to eat healthy for the most part, so I'm not sure what is happening. I'll just try and wait it out.

Jeez... I put so much energy into my skin care with a regimen for morning and night, vitamins, supplements, perscriptions, accutane, diet etc., it wears you down a bit.

I'm 25 and have constantly tried to hide my acne by either covering it up, which didn't work out so well, or by avoiding people until my skin cleared, which also didn't work out so well. I am finally starting to realize that my skin problem might be around long(er)-term. I find it very hard to deal with the fact that my skin flareups are part of me, and may be for quite some time. In the past I have had the mentality of being somewhat of a recluse, waiting for the day I have clear skin.

I have always taken a pro-active approach to acne by trying different approaches to treatment, but it gets discouraging when you are 25 and still have problems. I always had the mindset that I would outgrow it and it was just a matter of waiting for that day. Now I realize that maybe I should just start going out more and being around my friends etc. when I do have a flareup to a) normalize my skin problem with other people so that it isn't such a surprise and b) so that I can actually feel better by being social as we are social beings. I think there is a study that depression is positively correlated with isolation/lack of social interaction; in any case it makes sense.

It has been very difficult having confidence when you feel like you don't fit in because of your skin problem. Going out for drinks, trying to meet girls, being out going, speaking up in class, trying to get a job that requires confidence/a particular appearance - all these things have been complicated by my skin (or possibly just my mentality about it, but I think its obvious that people treat those with acne with discrimination). Well time to buck up I guess, ok my harangue is over.....

Do you eat peanuts or other nuts? All nuts break me out on my neck. So I just avoid them and my neck stays perfectly clear. I have seen at least a few other people on this board say the same thing.

For all of you getting "Acne" on your upper body(especially in the summer with the heat) consider the fact that there is a good possibility it isn't acne at all, but Pityrosporum Folliculitis(see pinned thread in the "Body acne" forum)