Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mr.Nakez

Skipped my 4th Of July Party... because of Accutane.

Nothing big here, i just feel kinda bad for not going to my family's traditional 4th of July Party. I started Accutane June 22nd, and my IB's finally going down so i don't want anything to get in the way. I'm too self-conscious to stand in front of my entire family, and my skin's so dry that i need to moisturize many times daily. I'd rather not carry around a tube of moisturizer and my chap stick all through the party so i opted out of going.

Should i feel bad?

I also pulled my back, have extremely dry eyes and feel a terrible headache coming on.

Cause you are missing out on all the fun. They are your family! I highly doubt they are going to mess with you.

They aren't, but i can't live with myself :(

I also don't like them. They're my inlaw's family, none of my blood family. They're real dicks.

Dont worry about it bro. I just had family visiting from overseas and I looked like pure shit the entire time and skipped 80% of the activities.

Dont worry about it bro. I just had family visiting from overseas and I looked like pure shit the entire time and skipped 80% of the activities.

Same here... I feel so bad about it though. But yeah I don't worrie about it though.

Yeah... missed a big beach party with all my friends today.

Nearly went but I knew at some point someone would be all "Why aren't you taking off you top man. Let's go for a swim". Then that would get everyone's attention and I'd just want to run away.

Plus, I'm on BP and I'd get burnt to shit anyway.

The first month of accutane was the first time I ever felt somewhat self-concious about my skin. My face looked like one, big snowflake if I went 5-6 hours without moisturizing. When I did moisturize, I looked like I had fell asleep in Sahara with sunglasses on. I still went to work (supermarket) where every single kid was staring, and I still went out for a couple of drinks with my mates, and other social events. I can definitely see why you didn't go, but you can't let the drug run your life. Live like you normally would, except from staying away from heavy amounts of alcohol.