Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bacacnick

does anyone wish that your gf/bf was flawed skin wise?

i mean, my whole life i had body issues. i was fat, then annorexic, then i got in shape by working out, then bam, acne outbreak all over my body, any chance i get i'll cover up. but now i kinda wish my gf, had the same thing. just to be more accepted and accepting to others. anyone else feel the same?

Used to feel that way back when I had a girlfriend. She was basically a porcelain doll and complained about spots I couldn't even see. Of course I've wished all sorts of fair skinned people would get acne if just to see how shallow they are and to relate to all of us. Wishful thinking...

No not really. That just shows insecurity.

Hate to be the one to break it to you PrznKing, but most of the members of this website are on here because they are insecure. About their acne. Just thought I'd let ya know. :rolleyes:

Hate to be the one to break it to you PrznKing, but most of the members of this website are on here because they are insecure. About their acne. Just thought I'd let ya know. :rolleyes:

They aren't here because they're insecure. They're here because they're insecurities are getting in the way of leading a "normal" happy life.

They aren't here because they're insecure. They're here because they're insecurities are getting in the way of leading a "normal" happy life.

Insecurities=Acne. Most of the people on this site are insecure about something.. hmmm what could it be?? I know it's the reason I'm here.

Ok but you're here so you find a solution for it. Obviously you're here because of insecurities but I hope you want to find a way to not be insecure.

Guest kiwikali

everyone's insecure about SOMETHING. but no matter what it is, it's always internal. like for example, i was at a movie with my mom today and i was really insecure about my hair because i curled it but i was so unsure if it looked okay. but then this lady says to me, your hair is so cute, what curling iron do you use? and BAM insecurity gone, and i was confident. i don't really know what my point it, just that just because you're insecure about something, it shouldn't hold you back from being happy, because most likely, you're the only one who notices it. do i make sense? :doh:

i mean, my whole life i had body issues. i was fat, then annorexic, then i got in shape by working out, then bam, acne outbreak all over my body, any chance i get i'll cover up. but now i kinda wish my gf, had the same thing. just to be more accepted and accepting to others. anyone else feel the same?

I have really realllly fair skin and have acne :eh:

I've never wished acne on anybody, especially those I love. Granted, since they haven't gone through what I have they aren't as understanding, but they try.

Why would I, knowing how bad acne can make a person feel, wish it on anybody?

I've never wished acne on anybody, especially those I love. Granted, since they haven't gone through what I have they aren't as understanding, but they try.

I respect your opinions, and granted that is the attitude that each one of us should have, but what about the rude and obnoxious people who put others down about their skin? Even if they just went through one week with bad acne it would change their point of view. In fact, cest la vigne, although acne can make a person feel terrible, I think it makes people more understand and accepting of the faults in others. Maybe if more people suffered from long term moderately severe acne then people would be better off in general. Maybe? Just an idea.

No I do not.

I have to admit, that sometimes, way deep down, I feel really jealous that my fiance has such beautiful skin. He's a complete angel. I don't think I've ever wished that he had bad acne like me though, because he used to have a little tiny bit of acne. So he already knows what it's like.

But you know all those jerk-faces that make comments about your face and skin? Yeah, those people should TOTALLY have acne for a few days. Then maybe they'd understand and be a little more sensitive towards others with what they say. :`[

Why would I, knowing how bad acne can make a person feel, wish it on anybody?

I respect your opinions, and granted that is the attitude that each one of us should have, but what about the rude and obnoxious people who put others down about their skin? Even if they just went through one week with bad acne it would change their point of view. In fact, cest la vigne, although acne can make a person feel terrible, I think it makes people more understand and accepting of the faults in others. Maybe if more people suffered from long term moderately severe acne then people would be better off in general. Maybe? Just an idea.

I still don't wish it on them 'cause I firmly believe in karma. :evil:

I still don't wish it on them 'cause I firmly believe in karma. :evil:

No matter what, we all die. That's the only karma I know of. ...hmm, I wonder, is it possible to believe in karma and luck at the same time? Karma seems to be like a set of balancing scales, whereas luck seems to be, well you have it or you don't. If I don't believe in karma, maybe I should believe in luck, cause I certainly don't have any! :lol:

Nah. My boyfriend and I both have acne. The severity of it is about the same (for him maybe a tiny tiny bit worse). But hey, I've been on Accutane for 3 months as well.

On occasion. My husband has clear skin and while he's very supportive and never begrudges me ranting time or money for my skin care products, he does, on ocassion when I rant, look at me strangely.