Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
allieclear

Food Intolerance Testing in Chicago

Hi Everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone could direct me to a place where I could get testing done for various food intolerances? I've never been told I had any sensitivities, but because of my stubborn acne, I'm wondering if soy, gluten, etc. could be culprits.

Do they do this at any holistic medicine places? I would much prefer that than going to a hospital!

Any help you could give me would be appreciated

Right..

I am also looking for places in st.louis mo.

that teste for sensativities, and I want to know the cost, and about insurance..ext.

Personally I think it's a waste of time. I've done them all and to this day I have yet to of found one that is accurate or reliable.

Why not test yourself? Wash hands first and put item in a clean baby food jar (their lead free)

Hold onto the jar with your hand wrapped around it for an hr. do not do anything with your other hand nor eat or drink at the time of testing.

During that hr. see how you feel and then after the hr. observe how you feel.Once the hr. is up wash your hands for a minute to remove the energy of the item you were testing for.

You may notice something negative from it....and that would indicate an allergy or sensitivity.This can be done with anything and everything< food, supplements, beverages, shampoo, etc...

Right..

I am also looking for places in st.louis mo.

that teste for sensativities, and I want to know the cost, and about insurance..ext.

Personally I think it's a waste of time. I've done them all and to this day I have yet to of found one that is accurate or reliable.

Why not test yourself? Wash hands first and put item in a clean baby food jar (their lead free)

Hold onto the jar with your hand wrapped around it for an hr. do not do anything with your other hand nor eat or drink at the time of testing.

During that hr. see how you feel and then after the hr. observe how you feel.Once the hr. is up wash your hands for a minute to remove the energy of the item you were testing for.

You may notice something negative from it....and that would indicate an allergy or sensitivity.This can be done with anything and everything< food, supplements, beverages, shampoo, etc...

Thanks creamsoda..you are so helpful :surprised: ..

So do we add water,or whatnot..or just the possible allergen?

and just wrap it aroung our hand :think: ?

And we will notice like a tingly feeling or something?

we wont break out will we?

Thanks!!

Speaking of which, does anybody have a recommendation for a dermatologist that focuses on holistic treatments -- in Chicago? I can't seem to find any from the internet..

Thanks creamsoda..you are so helpful :surprised: ..

So do we add water,or whatnot..or just the possible allergen?

and just wrap it aroung our hand :think: ?

And we will notice like a tingly feeling or something?

we wont break out will we?

Thanks!!

Just put the item that you want to check into the jar (make sure it's clean and empty) and no water, unless you want to test for a water allergy.

And yes just put your hand around it.

What you may feel may differ from what I may feel.

For me it was many different reactions, for different things.

I guess tingly feeling could happen.

I think for the most part for me my hand would get really hot (the one holding onto the jar), I'd feel really fuzzy and disorientated for most of them, labored breathing.

Sometimes shooting pains, headaaches. But, all these feelings would subside after washing my hands, or shortly after.

I wouldn't recomend testing for a deathly allergy though.

Let me know how it goes and if you find anything.