Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Peytar

Skipping applications

The other night, my girlfriend's mom allowed me to sleep over at her house for the first time. I was all joyful and ecstatic about it, but eventually realized I couldn't stay there the entire time because I had to go home and apply the regimen at the 12 hour mark or at least around it. If I had slept over, I'd have missed the entire application completely.

I could've probably taken the products to her house and done it over there, or perhaps apply it at home, then go sleep over, but at that certain moment, it wasn't really planned or anything so it was either sleep over or go home. I chose to go home because I was scared of breaking out if I missed doing the regimen at night. And these types of situations come at me all the time so it begs my question.

Should I be worried about missing one or two times a month? I've been on the regimen for about 6 months now and haven't missed a single time. It's taken serious dedication. You don't know how bad it was to leave her house that night...little does she know it's the sacrifice that I make to have my face decent enough for her to kiss. ;)

Skipping an application once in awhile probably won't result in a big breakout, but you won't want to make it a habit. You'll just have to see how your skin handles it. Some people will need to be extremely diligent with it, while others can get by with once daily or skipping now and again.

Another suggestion would be to get one of the little travel sizes for these situations as they come up.

I'm not on the regimen, but I do have a certain regimen that I do at night for my face which involves some wait time and applying creams. Due to this, I don't sleep out or stay out that late, or get too fucked up so I can't perform the regimen lol. I have made these sacrifices for clear skin, and I think clear skin is so much better than getting wasted one night or sleeping out which is not good for my body anyway.

just take it to her house and do it there, you shouldnt be embarrassed about putting a cream on your skin to treat it, im sure she does the exact same things. and you dont want to be worrying every time you spend the night and dreading a possible breakout, it'll stop you enjoying yourself. just be honest and open with her as if its going to be a long term relationship, she'll find out eventually anyway. there's also probably nothing too much wrong with hurrying it every once in a while, ie pat your face dry and immediately after put on the bp and then only wait about 5 mins to moisturise or so.