Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
speaktwice

It is delicious dairy, you must eat it.

I hear so much about how milk disrupts our hormones and has all these unnatural things in that disrupt out hormone levels and can cause acne, but this is something I noticed.

The guy I know who has the clearest skin out of guys, drinks at least 2L of milk a day, if not more. If it does change your hormone levels, sure people with acne could just be more sensitive, but if he consumes such large amounts how does he have a near opposite effect?

From some first hand experimenting I noticed when I had small amounts of dairy my acne got worse, though I LOVEE milk/cheese, I could eat a block of cheese with milk for dipping if I wanted to. But ever since I came here I've been avoiding it as much as possible, recently I was too hungry, my joints hurt too much and I was probably lacking massive amounts of calcium. I had a massive plate of nachos with cheese, just cheese, quite a bit too, and around 6 glasses of milk. I noticed my acne was a bit better in the morning, I continued eating mass amounts of dairy and my acne is improving?

Has anyone else noticed anything similar? I'm sort of on the edge of waiting for a huge breakout but it's not coming.

To end, I would like to say

brb milk.

I'm also suffering from acne but dairy doesn't have either good or bad effect for me. He isn't having the oppisite effect. He's just borned with clear skin and that's it.

"He was born like that, that's how it is" Is not an acceptable way of looking at in for me. It's a coincidence I noticed so I'm seeing if anyone else noticed something similar. Maybe re read stuff before you shoot it down with an irrelevant statement. I'm sure the majority of people here were born with clear skin. They just don't have it now ;)

To be honest I don't know anyone who eats large amounts of dairy and has acne, but I've seen tons of people who eat it occasionally and do. But it's hard to pinpoint any one possible cause of this phenomenom. Maybe it's just coincidence? Considering that there aren't too many people that eat large amounts of dairy to compare against. I eat about 2 pounds of yogurt a day and noticed no change in acne myself. Maybe it's their metabolic type in favor of milk?

Don't you think that humans drinking cow's milk, which is designed for baby cows and contains all the hormones of a pregnant, lactating cow is, well....un-natural?

Don't you think that humans drinking cow's milk, which is designed for baby cows and contains all the hormones of a pregnant, lactating cow is, well....un-natural?

I no longer use this argument.

No food on the planet was designed for human consumption--except for breast milk.

Technically, fruit and grains were designed to fall into the ground, and grow into new fruit and grain plants, so as to continue the species.

Meat was designed to serve as part of the animal's muscular and/or organ system.

Humans are unique in their abilities to change foods so as to better suit them. If pasteurized milk hurts your skin, then you can go raw. And if raw milk still affects your skin, you can try raw yogurt or raw cheese.

But even really strict hollistic people think that any kind of meat is bad for you also and that humans were designed to eat nuts, fruits, vegetables and grains. Sure, fruit isn't DESIGNED for humans and meat isn't DESIGNED for humans, but it isn't designed to be consumed by anything exclusive. Unlike cow's milk, which is designed for cows only.

HEllo yogurt is fermented milk the bacteria break up the yogurt protein . so eating yogurt improve your skin ..it doesnt cause acne . and i never heard yogurt causing acne ... yogurt cools down your body . and people use yogurt on face cause thier are cool and calm...

I hear so much about how milk disrupts our hormones and has all these unnatural things in that

From some first hand experimenting I noticed when I had small amounts of dairy my acne got worse, though I LOVEE milk/cheese, I could eat a block of cheese with milk for dipping if I wanted to. But ever since I came here I've been avoiding it as much as possible, recently I was too hungry, my joints hurt too much and I was probably lacking massive amounts of calcium. I had a massive plate of nachos with cheese, just cheese, quite a bit too, and around 6 glasses of milk.

There are plenty of ways to get calcium! Depending on what you aren't sensisitve to you can have "Milk" via Almond Milk or other nut milks, Grain Milks (I use Unsweetened Rice or Oat), Soy, Potato and there's probably others out there. Yes, these are fortified so you get your calcium.

Since you love cheese, the BEST Vegan (and safe for me) Cheese I've found is Vegan Gourmet from Follow Your Heart. I've used it on GF Pizza, Cold Shimp, Veggie & Pasta Salad (melted & mixed a bit w/ a bit of Mayo), on Pepperoni Nachos, on Pasta w/ pasta sauce. Not only does it smell faintly like cheese (entirely non-dairy) but it's capable of bubbling, melting and browning (oven) so it's been fun experimenting. My Parents....don't know the difference! There's also some calcium. http://www.followyourheart.com/

There's also another brand of Vegan cheese known as Sheese. It doesn't melt well for Pizzas from what I've read but it's also supposed to be fabulous tasting. So perhaps for cold sandwiches, salads, and maybe some warm mac & cheese

Other good melting candidates are Cheezly and Teese, but the reviews are more mixed on flavor so you'll have to give it a try!

If you want good cold or melted version that's also soy free, there's now a Vegan Rice Cheese >http://www.galaxyfoods.com/ourbrands/usa/galaxy.asp (a few years back I liked the one w/casien but of course if you can't have dairy, you can't have casien)

Before I even purchase any of these cheese subs (now looking for "cream cheese" for cheesecake), I visit vegan forums and blogs to give me the real low down:

http://www.veganrepresent.com/forums/archive/index.php

http://www.veganforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3

Purchase - Locally or at (in U.S.):

http://www.cosmosveganshoppe.com/Merchant2...ategory_Code=CF

http://store.nexternal.com/shared/StoreFro...Count2=38093209 (reviews, etc)

Enjoy!

P.S. If you come across VeganRella....bypass it. It's hard in texture, tastes rather gritty and so I just dumped it and went for Vegan Gourmet.

Technically, fruit and grains were designed to fall into the ground, and grow into new fruit and grain plants, so as to continue the species.

Actually the whole point of fruit is that it is eaten, and the seeds come out in the faeces, in a ready made fertilizer.

This is interesting to me right now as well. I've avoided dairy for a few months and have the past 2 days been bingeing on ice cream (have had 5 cartons of ben and jerry's) yeah i know its nuts ive just been bored as hell as i have 2 days off from work. anyhoo i've noticed i feel heavy as shit and sore and didn't really recover well from my intense 25-mi. bike ride yesterday. it is in my opinion best to stick to meat and vegetables for optimal health

I no longer use this argument.

No food on the planet was designed for human consumption--except for breast milk.

Meat was designed to serve as part of the animal's muscular and/or organ system.

Humans are unique in their abilities to change foods so as to better suit them. If pasteurized milk hurts your skin, then you can go raw. And if raw milk still affects your skin, you can try raw yogurt or raw cheese.

haha this person thinks he's smart..how funny!.."Technically, fruit and grains were designed to fall into the ground"..haha lol..."Meat was designed to serve as part of the animal's muscular and/or organ system"..omg rofl.."Humans are unique in their abilities to change foods so as to better suit them"..ahahaha..i think he was serious too!!!

I'm don't know if diary has any effect on my skin or not; but I'm currently experimenting to see if it does by cutting out all diary products. Not much has changed to be honest. But I'll wait a few more days before passing any judgements.

haha this person thinks he's smart..how funny!.."Technically, fruit and grains were designed to fall into the ground"..haha lol..."Meat was designed to serve as part of the animal's muscular and/or organ system"..omg rofl.."Humans are unique in their abilities to change foods so as to better suit them"..ahahaha..i think he was serious too!!!

I hear so much about how milk disrupts our hormones and has all these unnatural things in that disrupt out hormone levels and can cause acne, but this is something I noticed.

The guy I know who has the clearest skin out of guys, drinks at least 2L of milk a day, if not more. If it does change your hormone levels, sure people with acne could just be more sensitive, but if he consumes such large amounts how does he have a near opposite effect?

From some first hand experimenting I noticed when I had small amounts of dairy my acne got worse, though I LOVEE milk/cheese, I could eat a block of cheese with milk for dipping if I wanted to. But ever since I came here I've been avoiding it as much as possible, recently I was too hungry, my joints hurt too much and I was probably lacking massive amounts of calcium. I had a massive plate of nachos with cheese, just cheese, quite a bit too, and around 6 glasses of milk. I noticed my acne was a bit better in the morning, I continued eating mass amounts of dairy and my acne is improving?

Has anyone else noticed anything similar? I'm sort of on the edge of waiting for a huge breakout but it's not coming.

To end, I would like to say

brb milk.

I'm not sure if dairy foods like cheese or milk have a connection with acne.. I know though that if I don't wash around my mouth with a gentle cleanser like cetaphil or something after eating foods like those then there's a higher chance I'll get a pimple the next day there. I really don't think you should have to continue avoiding calcium.. I drink soy milk everyday, high in calcium, low in fat and no dairy :dance:

Keep on drinking milk and keep us updated please! I love dairy, and I've been going off milk lately.

I think we are meant to drink milk. Humans are they only one's who can at least partially digest cow's milk. And in the scriptures (if you believe in them) milk is mentioned as being a good thing "flowing with milk and honey" though it is paired with honey which isn't good.

I don't know, keep on drinking milk, and keep in mind that everyone is different.

I dont think its as bad as people think. Ice cream & such? Yes. But just milk & cheese & stuff like that? I think not.

Our stress and anxiety just makes us more susceptible to it, and when we first hear about this and consider the possibility that it causes acne, our body makes it a reality.

though it is paired with honey which isn't good.

I'm don't know if diary has any effect on my skin or not; but I'm currently experimenting to see if it does by cutting out all diary products.

You think keeping a DIARY or writing a journal may cause acne?? :D

Huh?? I think he makes vastly more sense than YOU do! ;)

But even really strict hollistic people think that any kind of meat is bad for you also and that humans were designed to eat nuts, fruits, vegetables and grains. Sure, fruit isn't DESIGNED for humans and meat isn't DESIGNED for humans, but it isn't designed to be consumed by anything exclusive. Unlike cow's milk, which is designed for cows only.

Your statement makes not so much as the LEAST little bit of sense to me! I am now going to give you the opportunity to explain in more detail how you would justify your claim that it's ok for humans to eat fruits, nuts, etc. Considering that genetically, humans are VASTLY closer to cows than (for example) apple trees, I want you to explain to all of us how you can justify your claim that it's somehow more "natural" to eat an apple (the basic function of which is to propagate apple trees) than it is to drink cow's milk.

Your statement makes not so much as the LEAST little bit of sense to me! I am now going to give you the opportunity to explain in more detail how you would justify your claim that it's ok for humans to eat fruits, nuts, etc. Considering that genetically, humans are VASTLY closer to cows than (for example) apple trees, I want you to explain to all of us how you can justify your claim that it's somehow more "natural" to eat an apple (the basic function of which is to propagate apple trees) than it is to drink cow's milk.

fruits were designed to be eaten. that is how the plant spreads its seeds... it attracts animals with its fruit and then the seeds are dispersed.

From what I've heard dairy causes inflamation (hence the acne for some people?)

Also that cow's milk is hard to digest for humans, calfs can drink their mother's milk, because they have two stomachs and are therefore able to digest the milk.

Dairy is also really sticky in the colon, sludges onto the intestinal walls and makes for alot of mucuous.

When I use to eat dairy I would get some pimples on my chin, now if I eat it occasionally I don't get pimples anymore, just really bad sinus infection and major bruises (anemic and infections obviously deprive me of more iron)

My two children are the same way.....with the bruises anyways....major bruises and not to mention they'll get a runny nose (cold like symptoms, which I suspect is from the mold that's in dairy and they only really binge on sheep yougart) Which is suppose to be easier to digest.

I stopped eating all dairy (and all HFCS) on Sunday.

By Wednesday or Thursday, I was noticing that shaving had become easier than I ever remembered and I had no worries of scraping myself. I've only had 2 new pimples all week and my skin is looking smoother.

I suppose it could be the HFCS. I suppose it could be the increased fruit consumption. I suppose it could be a net decrease in saturated fats or sugars and not necessarily the dairy.

But for my body, dairy seems to be bad for the skin.

Because cows produce milk for their young, as all mammals do. This milk over the millenia has evolved to contain a good blend of minerals, fats etc for the growth and development specifically of cow's calves, and has a different blend of nutrients to the milk produced by humans. Some people find this weird that we drink the milk which is meant for young calves to grow as adult human beings. Personally I don't see anything wrong with that, and it is very healthy but that is the argument some people make. And also we are as far as I know the only animals to drink anothers milk.

Why do people keep makingf this apple argument? APPLES ARE MADE BY THE TREE TO BE EATEN. They want animals to eat the apple, and shit out the seed in manure, which is a fertilizer, that is their way of spreading their seed, just like some plants have flowers and get bees to pollinate them, or others let the wind spread it.

And it probably is more 'natural' to eat an apple than cows milk, I doubt cavemen drank cows milk. However that doesn't mean cows milk is unhealthy or 'wrong' to eat IMO. However there is absolutely nothing unnatural about eating eggs, in the animal kingdom loads of animals survive by eating eggs, and humans have probably done it forever.

I think the best anti-milk argument is the exceptionally cruel farming methods necessary to get milk. The very young calves being taken away from the mothers, so we can get the milk.

It's weird though, regarding the fruits argument, to think that the first apple was actually only "discovered" at around 1833, and that all of the modern day apples stem from that original cultivar. Well, according to Wikipedia, anyways. It makes me wonder how some fruits and vegetables were meant to be incorporated in the human diet.

As for cow's milk, I'm sure 10,000 years or so of evolution is enough for humans to retain lactose past rearing age. It's not like they had to produce any new enzymes or anything.