Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sendona

How to extract blackheads

There are always some blackheads on my forehead and cheeks. If I don't extract them, after a while they turn to whiteheads and remain brown marks on my skin. But I have troubles with extracting. Even after a steamy shower, I have to squeez them very hard until they get extracted, some times they don't get extracted and remain and turn to whiteheads. Even if they get extracted, because of a lot of pressure, they get inflmmed and after getting better, brown marks are remained, too. What is the right way of extracting????

There are always some blackheads on my forehead and cheeks. If I don't extract them, after a while they turn to whiteheads and remain brown marks on my skin. But I have troubles with extracting. Even after a steamy shower, I have to squeez them very hard until they get extracted, some times they don't get extracted and remain and turn to whiteheads. Even if they get extracted, because of a lot of pressure, they get inflmmed and after getting better, brown marks are remained, too. What is the right way of extracting????

Try some kind of facial scrub. I get some blackheads on the sides of my nose and after scrubbing a bit with St.Ives apricot scrub, it does remove them.

Never squeeze hard unless you want to damage your skin and get scarring. Go out and get a comedone extractor (just look it up on a search engine) at any drugstore and follow the directions. And start regularly using a GENTLE exfoliator (not St Ives or any other scrub with uneven particles as those will scratch the skin and tear holes in it and cause worsened breakouts) such as the baby's hair brush method (GENTLY!)

Use warm water, not hot. Hot water increases redness and damage to the skin.

i have an extractor at home and i squeeze out my blackheads, they do come out but the pores fill right back up in 1-2 weeks, its like a cycle that goes on and on.. i dunno how to get rid of these blackheads for good

i have an extractor at home and i squeeze out my blackheads, they do come out but the pores fill right back up in 1-2 weeks, its like a cycle that goes on and on.. i dunno how to get rid of these blackheads for good

Regular gentle extraction and topical exfoliants will greatly minimize the appearance of blackheads. I use both chemical and manual exfoliation: baby's hair brush method and glycolic acid. Some people find that they have almost NO blackheads with a continual regimen applied conscientiously.

Yeah, I use a comedone extractor too, its the best way to take out stuborn blackheads ;)

hey. i used to have lots of blackheads on my face for years and this year, in february i finally decided to do an appointment to an esthetician and have them extracted. even she said she hasnt seen that many of them on anybody except myself. anyway, after a month of weekly extractions then some other 3 and a half months of every 2 weeks extractions i can definately say my skin looks so much better. of course some of the blackheads are still there but my esthetician says that they`ll be gone in about a year or so. right now i make appointments every 3 or 4 weeks. i also have to mention i tried extracting my blackheads myself but i must say that a professional does the job a lot better.

where can one buy that tool that derms use to extract blackheads? u kno..the thing with the metal round loop on the end

Hi Corey, the metal thing with the round loops on the ends is called a comedone extractor, you can get them online. Just type the words comedone extractor and you'll get lot's of options. I got one for about $13.00 . ;)