Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SkinBeingaDouchebag

She always looks so flawless

Guest kiwikali

well she is in the neutrogena commercials

but neutrogena is like.... eh.

she was probably born that way... or airbrushing!

Some people are just born that way .. LUCKY! my best friend has flawless skin like hers, not a pore or pimple on the girls face just completely even skin..i wish! :pray:

Doesn't mean she uses it.

yeah, she could be born that way or it could be good lighting and stuff.

she's really pretty, though.

i wish we all had the same blessings.

Vanessa Hudgens

What the heck does she use :think:

Photoshop. I have only rarely seen anyone with perfect skin naturally. It's very rare. Actors and actresses and others' best friend for marketing is Photoshop. Just look at before and afters that are all over the web. Not only is facial skin made flawless, minor little unnoticeable details such as posture, minimal love handles, tiny little bra bulges, etc, are all airbrushed away. Perfection is simply a commodity and I'm not buying it! :D

I agree that most of celebs pictures are airbrushed but I think this particular one isn't, if you look closely you can see little tiny bumps on her chin and a few hairs close to her cheek, okay maybe I over analyze lol but you can see little minor minor imperfections so I don't think it's airbrushed. Also the picture is from TRL not from a magazine or photoshoot, those are the main pictures that are airbrushed.

Guest kiwikali

Doesn't mean she uses it.

uhh i didn't say she did...

I know of only two celebs who have amazing skin, Katharine Mcphee and Angelina Jolie.

what the heck is Katharine mcphe doing being the spokesmodel for skin ID when she doesn't have acne? Proactive got it right when they used Alicia Keys but Katharine? it made me angry. she's so flippin' beautiful though

I know of only two celebs who have amazing skin, Katharine Mcphee and Angelina Jolie.

what the heck is Katharine mcphe doing being the spokesmodel for skin ID when she doesn't have acne? Proactive got it right when they used Alicia Keys but Katharine? it made me angry. she's so flippin' beautiful though

^ Money!

Hilary duff also has great skin, I actually met her last summer.

Alot of celebs you'd think have flawless skin really don't, someone at my job met Rihanna and said that she had really bad acne. She looks amazing in pictures though.

Guest kiwikali

megan fox has acne, and so does keira knightley

and they're both like really super pretty and they are great actresses

so who cares about their acne

its really mild you can barely tell anyways!

:)

I agree that most of celebs pictures are airbrushed but I think this particular one isn't, if you look closely you can see little tiny bumps on her chin and a few hairs close to her cheek, okay maybe I over analyze lol but you can see little minor minor imperfections so I don't think it's airbrushed. Also the picture is from TRL not from a magazine or photoshoot, those are the main pictures that are airbrushed.

A good graphic designer will not over re-touch a photo. They will leave in some "character" and "soften" flaws, not totally remove all of them, or you get that mannequin look.

That photo looks edited to me...it is at least taken with a soft focus. She may have nice skin, but it still has pores....where did they go in that close-up photo?

Flawless skin is pretty rare, and it usually means there is as least makeup involved.

Most celebs owe their perfect skin to dermatologists, makeup artists, photographers, and graphic designers, not their genetics.

^ I agree, but I also think it is humanly possible to have flawless skin, I have 5 friends I graduated high school with and they all have flawless skin like that, I mean they never had a pimple blackhead whitehead no redness or marks so yes, it is possible and IMO around my neighborhood and where I've went to school flawless skin is more common than acne. again just my opinion.

^ I agree, but I also think it is humanly possible to have flawless skin, I have 5 friends I graduated high school with and they all have flawless skin like that, I mean they never had a pimple blackhead whitehead no redness or marks so yes, it is possible and IMO around my neighborhood and where I've went to school flawless skin is more common than acne. again just my opinion.

I agree. I know plenty of people with absolutely flawless skin, and many more with no acne whatsoever but a bit of uneven coloring. The uneven coloring or splotchiness can *easily* be covered up with make up, which it seems to me that most celebrities wear when out for photo ops. I'm sure some of them have dilated pores and uneven skin tone but are just wearing so much makeup that it's not possible to see.

Also, I've seen Angelina Jolie in person without much make up on and she had tiny non-inflamed bumps on part of her face. She also doesn't have the most even skin tone in the world! FYI

;)

My friend and her entire family have absolutely perfect skin. It makes me so jealous because my family is the complete opposite. She'll get a zit just every few months, and that's all. It frustrates me...

yea,one of my friends has 100% flawless skin :rolleyes: she got a little and i mean miniscule zit once and phoned me for advice,i wasnt amused. shes a model aswell,the 5 ft 10 inch stunner you see on tv,god damn her.

if she wasnt such a nice person id be breaking off the friendship coz of the sheer embarrassment standing beside her causes :redface:

Yea that's what I was saying, JustJared is like a TMZ celebrity gossip site, if anything they rather catch a celeb with a pimple or two so I highly doubt that picture is photoshopped.

Yea that's what I was saying, JustJared is like a TMZ celebrity gossip site, if anything they rather catch a celeb with a pimple or two so I highly doubt that picture is photoshopped.

people, you are forgetting that she is wearing a LOT OF MAKEUP! while i'm sure she has naturally gorgeous skin (she's also only 19), enough makeup can even out skin tone and make someone look absolutely flawless. when I wear enough makeup on my bump-free days, my skin can look downright luminous. once the makeup comes off, well, then you can see that I have redmarks left over from breakouts and somewhat uneven skin tone.

It depends on who they bought the photos from. The photographer may already have editing done to them, and in this case it would be likely that MTV has editing done before they release them. I think the lens they use can make a difference too; a soft focus or whatever. And it's from a TV show, meaning she has heavy makeup on & the lighting is good.

Someone edited the photos for the website also; even if it means just adjusting color. They don't just get photos & put them up as-is.

Her skin may be flawless or nearly so, but that doesn't mean she isn't being presented in the most flattering way.

i don't see why everyone feels the need to point out little imperfections in celebrities. sure, it's kind of fun, but they're humans just like us. if they do have perfect skin, it's because they can afford to take really good care of it.

as for non-celebs, it's like good grades, some people have to work harder for them.

i don't see why everyone feels the need to point out little imperfections in celebrities. sure, it's kind of fun, but they're humans just like us. if they do have perfect skin, it's because they can afford to take really good care of it.

as for non-celebs, it's like good grades, some people have to work harder for them.

I don't think the objective here is to point out little imperfections in celebrities in order to diminish the worth of their work or their value as human beings. I think that it's mostly being discussed in order to point out that everyone has flaws (as you said, "they're humans just like us") and that people battling acne should not always compare themselves to stock images of celebrities because that standard is actually an illusion.

my skin is clear now with no makeup but goddamn i put so much effort into special cleansing, spiroactone and diane 35 and benzamycin at night. behind the scenes i'm always fighting to keep my skin clear. sometimes i lose but finally i'm winning.

maybe she had a similar battle as we don't know her bedtime/morning rituals (i highly doubt she uses that facewash...ugh!)

spectro jel FTW!

I don't think Angelina really has great skin. Bo Derek did. I remember seeing her appear on a talk show and the interviewer commented that she didn't look like she was wearing makeup and she said she only had eye makeup on.

Good lighting does a lot. I'm sure you've noticed that on yourself.