Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
girl21

Dusa Blue Light with Levulan

I have been struggling with acne forever and have tried EVERYTHING! Antibiotics help for a little and then it comes back. Accutane worked for a while but again, im back to breaking out.

I just tried my 1st session of the Blue Light Treatment 3 days ago. I sat with the Levulon on my face for an hour and then 15 mins in front of the Blue Light. My face got red after the 15 mins and then changed to pink... now back to normal. I had no peeling, burning, or anything like i expected! I am breaking out worse than i was before. I'm supposed to do another session in a week. Is this normal or is it just not working? Its $200 a session so i don't want to waste my money but if it works then its worth every penny and more!

I have been struggling with acne forever and have tried EVERYTHING! Antibiotics help for a little and then it comes back. Accutane worked for a while but again, im back to breaking out.

I just tried my 1st session of the Blue Light Treatment 3 days ago. I sat with the Levulon on my face for an hour and then 15 mins in front of the Blue Light. My face got red after the 15 mins and then changed to pink... now back to normal. I had no peeling, burning, or anything like i expected! I am breaking out worse than i was before. I'm supposed to do another session in a week. Is this normal or is it just not working? Its $200 a session so i don't want to waste my money but if it works then its worth every penny and more!

The fact that you broke out is a good sign. I'm on my second treatment of the blue light and I basically did the same thing you did. (levulan for an hour, then blue light for 15 min) After my first, I broke out pretty badly but the pimples healed really quickly. I was really red and burnt, though. Maybe that was because I'm very very pale. After about a week, my skin was better. I think you should wait longer if possible before your next treatment to give your skin a chance to heal and to see if its actually working on you.