Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sverd

Does severe cystic acne go away on its own?

Do you ever grow out of it?

No i dont think so..i had severe cystic acne when i was a teenager then it gradually got better and sorta leveled off, id say i know have moderate cystic acne..ehh

Guest kiwikali

acne isn't something you grow out of unfortunately. i mean maybe if you're really lucky, but there are adults who still have it.

medication is probably the only thing that can cure it for good. or a miracle?

absolutely, most people grow out of acne. It could be in your mid 20's if not treated, it could be in your mid 30's, typically depending on the severity, the best thing is to just get it treated.

Guest kiwikali

i mean if you leave it alone its not just going to magically disappear

duh

well you may grow out of it but the question is when? Are you willing to suffer until then and it could be all of your 20's (these are some of your best years in life). Don't depend on it (although hopefully it will happen) but in the mean time do something about it. If you have severe acne visit a derm and ask about accutane.

YES. almost everyone on my father's side of the family (and now myself) suffers or suffered from cystic acne. none of the adults have it anymore. it went away in their early 20's. sometimes my dad gets a pimple, but it's not like he takes care of his face.

Do you ever grow out of it?

Hi, I am 30 year old female and i still have cystic acne breakouts. it started when I was 21. (I only had very mild acne in my teens). Its not quite as bad now because i take care of myself and eat a more healthy diet than i did in my early 20's. Alchohol, nicotine and processed food make it worse. But when ever i get really stressed out i break out regardless of how well i eat, especially when i'm pms. I'm trying the yaz bc pill now, so hopefully it works.

Try to find a good dermatologist. It can be hard depending on where you live. But a derm who will see you same day for a cortisone injection is a godsend!

My mom had acne as a teen, she said it all went away at 21 but my dad have acne all his life since his teens even now when hes 46. So it depends on the person.

Typically, I think most people out grow acne once their hormones straighten out but that isn't true for everyone. Especially with cystic acne. I think a lot of people are finding they have a diet or environmental trigger for their severe acne.

Bottom line is you shouldn't wait to just out-grow bad acne, especially if its cystic. You want to take care of it before you are left with scars to deal with--and those will never go away if they are bad enough.