Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ccjk

Don't cry when the sun is gone, because the tears won't let you see the stars.

i just realized that i cant be perfect. All the time that i tried to improve my self... all the face washes, meds, ect... all the superfical messages sent by the media, abercrombie models thats made to be the exemplary of beauty. The gym that i went to,, crowded with guys trying to look like men, as if being a men means looking the way abercrombie or hollister says. our standard, my standard... it was so unattainable. we live in a very fake and shitty world.. the world that makes people uncomfortable of who they are.

i thought that i had to be perfect... people think they have to be perfect, and thats sad.

nothing can make you feel inferior unless you let it

yea i thought that way for awhile. but then you one day realize at least i did, i dont need to spend 100 dollars on a pair of jeans because of the name, so i feel important, just look around the mall its filled with douchebags, and the gyms as well, theres a differance between people who work out for health and people who work out to look like muscle heads. its scary that some people never realize it

All the time that i tried to improve my self... The gym that i went to, crowded with guys trying to look like men... our standard, my standard... it was so unattainable. we live in a very fake and shitty world.. the world that makes people uncomfortable of who they are.

Yes sir, you have realized a very sad and evident truth about our world. I only wish more people would become enlightened to the shallow scam of society's mirror.

Guest kiwikali

yeah, like no matter how successful or attractive you are or happy, there is always going to be someone out there who is superior.

yeah, like no matter how successful or attractive you are or happy, there is always going to be someone out there who is superior.

Thanks Dr. Phil. That was a real big ego booster.

Too bad i am going to be the best assassin there ever was

Guest kiwikali

Thanks Dr. Phil. That was a real big ego booster.

Too bad i am going to be the best assassin there ever was

why so mean :shifty: ? and what were you saying on my guest book?

i'm just saying that no matter how happy we are with ourselves, the media is going to make us feel like shit when it shows all these perfect looking flawless celebrities who don't have to worry about money ever.

i'm just saying that no matter how happy we are with ourselves, the media is going to make us feel like shit when it shows all these perfect looking flawless celebrities who don't have to worry about money ever.

And that is just another reason to turn off your TV.

So you're a failure and a quitter? That's all I got out of it. Seems like you want to be part of a superficial world but you can't which is why you're depressed.

Guest kiwikali

JJEEEEZ why is everybody being so mean to me

and did i SAY i was depressed???

you know that really makes me mad, because i suffered with depression for 2 years, and i just recently cured it, so say whatever you want but i'm happy with myself for once in my life. i was JUST SAYING that the media puts a lot of pressure on us...

:shake:

Guest kiwikali

oh

well good, then i don't think you're a meany anymore :)

So you're a failure and a quitter? That's all I got out of it. Seems like you want to be part of a superficial world but you can't which is why you're depressed.

it was just an awakening that i had that no matter how much i try to be perfect, i would not be able to fulfill it b.c our idea of perfection is established by our superficial world.... and that we humans will always find a flaw of our self no matter wat . i dont know where u got failure and quitter from but there is nothing to "win" in the first place. and no im not depressed, it is sad how the world is set up, but if u dont let the world get to u then ull be fine,,, which ilearned from my awakening. so if ur ganna go analyze other posts, please read into the text more carefully and prevent ur self from lookin like a douchebag

and dont comment back criticizing my grammar or w.e bc i dont give a shit

Guest kiwikali

i liked when you said "nothing can make you feel inferior unless you let it"

that's very true, because the only reason people become depressed and upset is usually because they let things get to them that shouldn't matter. i spent two year of my life severely depressed all because i cared so much about what people thought about me.

ccjk, I know what you are saying is true, only you can make yourself feel that way or not. I also have moments no matter how great I feel or think I look, it just takes one thing someone says or a look in the mirror, or on the cover of a magazine and I get upset about how I look. I have worked really hard at losing weight and taking good care of my skin and I should be proud of myself but when all the photoshop and airbrushing and TV portraying perfection, its hard! Also is the avatar from the movie Eastern Promises?Elf

So the purpose of the thread was to tell me that noone is perfect? OH REALLY

You live in a world where you're in control of your own happiness, how is that shitty and fake? Never stop trying to become perfect. Even though perfect doesn't exist.

And wow to all the bullshit posts blaming media for their own depression and shortcomings. Haha.

Guest kiwikali

You live in a world where you're in control of your own happiness, how is that shitty and fake? Never stop trying to become perfect. Even though perfect doesn't exist.

And wow to all the bullshit posts blaming media for their own depression and shortcomings. Haha.

Haha? you think depression is funny? what the hell's wrong with you? and i don't believe anyone said that the media was the direct cause for their depression. depression is something i take very seriously, because i know first hand what it can do to someone. i think it's really mean that you're making fun of it. that's really pathetic.

i dont get why ppl think that im depressed... i guess my post evince cynicism and dysphoria but i am not depressed. i cant say imvery pleased with where my life is just now... but i cant help but look forward to where its going.

ok now thats out of the way,, yes we do live in a world that we are in control of our own happiness. u are the only one, and should be the only one, that can control ur emotions and sense of being. thats how it should be. its just that the world we live in, it creats an obstacle that obstruct our power to do so (such as the media). im not blaming the media for ANYTHING, thats the exact opposite of what i was saying. i was implying that what ever the world presents to u, (which being the idea of beauty, success, ect) its up to u to decide how much influence its going to have on u. i didnt realize this until now and i was just trying to decipher my enlightenment by writing.

and why would u try to become perfect when u cant? thats awaste of time and dosent make any sense. maybe self improvement isnt the answer... self destruction is.(sounds alot like fightclub lol)

and yeah.. ur reply is alil patronizing, u should stop trying to be "prefect" and go work on ur attitude. Haha

Guest kiwikali

i dont get why ppl think that im depressed... i guess my post evince cynicism and dysphoria but i am not depressed. i cant say imvery pleased with where my life is just now... but i cant help but look forward to where its going.

ok now thats out of the way,, yes we do live in a world that we are in control of our own happiness. u are the only one, and should be the only one, that can control ur emotions and sense of being. thats how it should be. its just that the world we live in, it creats an obstacle that obstruct our power to do so (such as the media). im not blaming the media for ANYTHING, thats the exact opposite of what i was saying. i was implying that what ever the world presents to u, (which being the idea of beauty, success, ect) its up to u to decide how much influence its going to have on u. i didnt realize this until now and i was just trying to decipher my enlightenment by writing.

and why would u try to become perfect when u cant? thats awaste of time and dosent make any sense. maybe self improvement isnt the answer... self destruction is.(sounds alot like fightclub lol)

and yeah.. ur reply is alil patronizing, u should stop trying to be "prefect" and go work on ur attitude. Haha

me? :shifty:

im not blaming the media for ANYTHING, thats the exact opposite of what i was saying. i was implying that what ever the world presents to u, (which being the idea of beauty, success, ect) its up to u to decide how much influence its going to have on u. i didnt realize this until now and i was just trying to decipher my enlightenment by writing.

Fair enough. Agreed.

The irony of self-improvement is that it gives you an "I-don't-give-a-shit"-attitude, even though you could say it's kind of a way to live up to other's standards. When done right, self-improvement is life-changing enough to make a deeply depressed person unable to feel sad emotions over a long time for the rest of his/her life. This is closer to the non-existing perfect than a person who doesn't try to improve ever will be, and a much more attractive option in my eyes. But each man to his own.

Haha? you think depression is funny? what the hell's wrong with you? and i don't believe anyone said that the media was the direct cause for their depression. depression is something i take very seriously, because i know first hand what it can do to someone. i think it's really mean that you're making fun of it. that's really pathetic.

Guest kiwikali
im not blaming the media for ANYTHING, thats the exact opposite of what i was saying. i was implying that what ever the world presents to u, (which being the idea of beauty, success, ect) its up to u to decide how much influence its going to have on u. i didnt realize this until now and i was just trying to decipher my enlightenment by writing.

Fair enough. Agreed.

The irony of self-improvement is that it gives you an "I-don't-give-a-shit"-attitude, even though you could say it's kind of a way to live up to other's standards. When done right, self-improvement is life-changing enough to make a deeply depressed person unable to feel sad emotions over a long time for the rest of his/her life. This is closer to the non-existing perfect than a person who doesn't try to improve ever will be, and a much more attractive option in my eyes. But each man to his own.

:question: