Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
liteofhope

A question for those who are experiencing hairloss and thinning while on and after Accutane

Hi there, I am on my 41 pill today and for the pass 3 weeks I been seeing a few more hair falling out and now I'm freakin out. I just want to know for those whenis experience hairloss from accutane how much hair falls of your head each day? Did it stop once you stop accutane? Please let me know cause I'm really worried. Incase you are wondering I weight 139 pounds and current taking 40mgs.

I started losing 6 strands and then 11 strands and 20 to 30 daily ever after. It still persist even after I stop accutane for four months. You should decide whether you want to complete the full course. I do not blame accutane because I know this is a miracle drug for those who are suffering from severe acne. I blame it on my doctor for prescribing it to me just because of a single pimple and those evil people here who were suffering from hair loss before my hair loss started for not making an effort to PM me and beg me not to take accutane. If ever I commit suicide one day, then this people and the doctor who prescribed accutane to me should be responsible. They ruin my life completely.

Your a big boy and the facts were all here for you to read. You had the information to make an educated decision and it was your decision to carry on taking it.

You have to accept some of the responsibility yourself. Everyone knows accutane can potentially be a dangerous drug.

No bro it isn't easy for me at all, every day is a huge strugle. Not coz of the hairloss but because of my dozen other side effects. Try having rosacea of the eyes and face along with tones of other sides. You would realise hairloss isn't such a big deal.

Max-Wunsche - just wondering what dose of accutane you took and for how long

ive just started accutane

Hmm..It is so easy for you because you have super thick hair and constant regrowth. I have been hiding at home for the past six months ever since this hair loss started. You will never understand what I'm going thru and how miserable it can be. The most scary thing in life is not death but to witness your dream been fade away day by day is. Anyway, I hope you don't regret applying topical steriod onto you scalp, in future. It is also funny how Rudolph could forget the dark time he gone thru and wanna take accutane again.

Trust me I remember how bad it was and I'm still undecided if I'm gonna go back on it. The thing is that there is no easy way out of the situation Im in. I wont post pics but I have huge cysts all over my face and they are scarring and if I take accutane maybe my hair will just regrow like it did before.

Ok then is there an alternative to accutane? what about retin-A, is that vitamin a based like accutane?

From my experience, my hair began to fall out about 10-20 noticeable strands a day during my 5 month course, which resulted in two bald spots on my head and thinning in spots all around. My hair texture was horrible feeling, felt like straw. Good news is, 2 months after my course, my hair returned to its natural feeling, felt and looked fuller, and no more hair falls out. It's amazing how quickly the condition improved. I dont have baldness running in my family, so my hair falling out puzzled everyone, which also made me have hope in that it's going to be reversed once I got off accutane. The only downside is when my hair returned to normal, so did my oil production.