Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gmoney

Has anybody ever taken Amoxil? (It cleared me up)

Currently, I am 26 years old and I suffer from mild pustule acne around the drool area around my mouth and also right below the center of my nose. For the past 14 years I have had problems with acne. About a year ago I had some major problems with my allergies as I often do when seasons change. I was then prescribed Amoxil from my regular doctor and had gotten the substitute cheaper version amoxicillin. The drug worked wonders for me and had cleared me up for a majority of the time while being on it. I would only slightly break out between my nose and the upper middle part of my lip.

Over the past 14 years I would say that I have spent around a total of four thousand dollars and visited three different dermatologist and have had no help with either of them. Amoxicillin worked for me. However, at the beginning of this month I was denied a refill because I hadn't seen the doctor in over a year. I denied to set an appointment because I wanted to see if I would break out again. Sure enough a couple of days later all hell broke loose. I had the worst break out that I have had since I started to take the medicine. Then today when I went to my (now-former) dermatologist and asked him if I could have a prescription for the drug, he refused.

Has anybody ever taken amoxicillin for a long period of time? Would you all recommend it?Also I wanted to add that I have a minor case of acid reflux. The reason why I suspect this is because I often hiccup only once, but mostly at high altitudes (more than 4 stories). However I don't suffer from heartburn, but the occasional bubbling feeling like how it would feel if you put an alkaseltz*r in your esophagus.

Any help would be surely appreciated.

Im taking it right now for an absessed tooth but I don't know how it effects my skin? Im actually pretty clear right now but let me know if you find out!!!

Currently, I am 26 years old and I suffer from mild pustule acne arou

Has anybody ever taken amoxicillin for a long period of time? Would you all recommend it?

I don't recommend it. I took Amoxil for acne. Now this useful antibiotic does not work in my body. I can not tell you how many infections have gotten out of control because all the antibiotics I took for acne don't help anymore.

If you really want an antibiotic, ask a derm. They prescribe mincycline and tetracycline.

I am actually taking amoxicillin right now and it is the only antibiotic that I have ever taken that works for me! I took it when I was three for an ear infection too.

My face is cleared up; however, there are some acne on my body still, not as bad as before.

I am actually taking amoxicillin right now and it is the only antibiotic that I have ever taken that works for me! I took it when I was three for an ear infection too.

My face is cleared up; however, there are some acne on my body still, not as bad as before.

Ya I know what you mean. I would break out every so once in a while on my back, but would hardly every have acne around my mouth.

Well I started detox yesterday because I am tired of having acne. Going to shoot for 7 days of clearing out my insides. 3 day juicing and then pace myself to real food. I'm a hardcore carnivore too. I'm saving meat for the 7th day and it's going to be fish. I need to look up some recipes because I am going to make that piece of fish the best tasting fish I ever had. hahah .