Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JamesNoble

Found one of my triggers

So, as I'm sitting here angrily eating my dinner reflecting on the fresh batch of red devils gorging my face after a period of being relative clear... I came to an abrupt and a spit your food out conclusion that... it must be what I'm eating RIGHT NOW... which is soy sauce used as a dressing.

So, after some brief recollection to a period where I was breaking out a lot last winter I realized at that time I was eating soy derivatives everyday.

I stopped eating the stuff up untill now because I ran out of any dressing....

I've been eating food with soy sauce for 4 days now... and my face broke out today... I think they are connected.

ALSO I notice if I chew gum for a few days I will get pimples around my mouth... GUM CONTAINS SOY LICHTEN... a derivative of soy...

So, it sucks... but no more gum and no more soy!

It mentions it affects people with asthma more.

I have asthma.

I'm 75% certain soy is the culprit to my recent breakouts.

In the winter I ate soy at least once every 2 days. It affected certain parts of me. Forehead, eybrows, and around the lips.

That's where I'm breaking out right now.

I think it's best for me to stay away from it.

Now I gotta eliminate gluten which is proving to be very hard.

Soy sauce contains gluten!

^

this

And also, soy contains opioid peptides, similar to the ones in gluten and dairy, which alter hormones. Also it has lots of phytoestrogens...which also alter hormones...

yea the gluten is hard at first but after awhile it is not too bad, i stay away from soy in general but if its soy lecithin i dont because its in almond milk, your best bet for cutting out gluten if you really love bread is find a health food store that sells gluten free bread or even a gluten free bakery! good luck

UPDATE

So I started chewing gum again, and I have a few around my lips... I think it's from a certain type of gum that contains a lot of Soy Lichten... The Wrigley's 5 gum.