Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i feel as if im told to eat this or not eat that due to my acne

and i try to do wht people tell me to, because it really does bother me and make my self-confidence go wayyyy down

but the problem is im a teenager and im already a vegetarian

so its pretty hard to cut out some foods completely or eat a lot of other foods becuase my parents cook my dinner and dont like me making an extra thing for myself so much

i try to stay healthy even though my friends are the kings of junk food

and i try to get in the vitamins i need to grow normally and healthily

but its so hard as a teen with acne to eat what youre supposed to be eating

anyone else feel this way?

Hello!

I know how it must be terrible to be so confused about what and what not to eat! Well let me just say that you can have clear beautiful radiant skin! How? Well it is simple. You want to reduce the inflammation in your body! Not only will lowering the inflammation in your body destroy acne, but it will make you glow!

What do you do?

Use www.nutritiondata.com for your reference.

Eat only anti-inflammatory foods!

What you will find is this regimen is closely linked to Dr. Perricones Skin Diet!

This is what I eat and let me tell you that it makes your skin super clear and radiant!

1.Omega 3 fish such as cod, salmon, oysters, trout, etc... Ground up flaxseed in a coffee grinder!

2.Anti-inflammatory vegetables and fruits such as strawberries, melons, oranges, raspberries, bell peppers, hot and sweet peppers, onions, garlic, and all kinds of dark leafy vegetables!

3.Tumeric is a super good anti-inflammtory!

4.Water is the greatest anti-inflammatory! Drink a ton of it!

5.Wash your face at least twice a day and be gentle!

6.Get at least 8-9 hours of sleep a night!

7.Do at least 30 minutes of any excercise a day!

8.Do not cheat with this regimen!

9.Eat 100% pumpkin in the can. Libbys 100% pumpkin is chock full of goodies and is anti-inflammatory!

10.Use nutritiondata.com and make sure you do not eat any food that is not anti-inflammatory!

Let me know how you are doing within a week or two!

Cheers man! :D

to be honest if you're a teen i don't think diet will do 100% because of your hormones but you can still try.

and i try to do wht people tell me to, because it really does bother me and make my self-confidence go wayyyy down

so its pretty hard to cut out some foods completely or eat a lot of other foods becuase my parents cook my dinner and dont like me making an extra thing for myself so much

Haha, what can I say. You took out out of my mouth. All my friends are also eating tons of junk food(even my friends with acne lol), but I am really determined that I want acne out of my life, so I try to eat as healthy as possible. Sometimes, I do eat junk food, but that is at worst only once a month.

If someone offer me something I know I shouldn't eat/drink I simply turn them down. I don't care what they may think of me. That I'm healthy lol. Seriously, being healthy is almost something you would be looked down on among teenagers. I really, really envy those kids who can just eat whatever they want and still have incredibly clear skin. However, I don't regret saying no.

My acne is luckily not so bad. Right now I am only dealing with some redmarks on my cheeks. Maybe that's the reward for saying no temptations. Sometimes if you still get breakouts when eating healty and feel like it's not worth it, then just tell yourself that this breakout would've been much worse had you been eating unhealthy.

About myself. I ONLY drink water. I NEVER eat candy or things with much suger or fat. I try to eat at least 5 pieces of fruit a day. I take 30 mg of zinc every day aswell as I do DK regimen.

- I honestly believe that there's nothing more to do. I don't want acne to take over my life. I just do this and cross my fingers, that it will eventually pay off and make my acne disappear forever.

Hello!

I know how it must be terrible to be so confused about what and what not to eat! Well let me just say that you can have clear beautiful radiant skin! How? Well it is simple. You want to reduce the inflammation in your body! Not only will lowering the inflammation in your body destroy acne, but it will make you glow!

What do you do?

Use www.nutritiondata.com for your reference.

Eat only anti-inflammatory foods!

What you will find is this regimen is closely linked to Dr. Perricones Skin Diet!

This is what I eat and let me tell you that it makes your skin super clear and radiant!

1.Omega 3 fish such as cod, salmon, oysters, trout, etc... Ground up flaxseed in a coffee grinder!

2.Anti-inflammatory vegetables and fruits such as strawberries, melons, oranges, raspberries, bell peppers, hot and sweet peppers, onions, garlic, and all kinds of dark leafy vegetables!

4.Water is the greatest anti-inflammatory! Drink a ton of it!

5.Wash your face at least twice a day and be gentle!

6.Get at least 8-9 hours of sleep a night!

7.Do at least 30 minutes of any excercise a day!

8.Do not cheat with this regimen!

9.Eat 100% pumpkin in the can. Libbys 100% pumpkin is chock full of goodies and is anti-inflammatory!

10.Use nutritiondata.com and make sure you do not eat any food that is not anti-inflammatory!

Let me know how you are doing within a week or two!

Cheers man! :D

I don't know if i'll be able to cut out non anti-inflammatory foods completely, but ill certianly try to eat more anti-inflammatories! thanks!

Haha, what can I say. You took out out of my mouth. All my friends are also eating tons of junk food(even my friends with acne lol), but I am really determined that I want acne out of my life, so I try to eat as healthy as possible. Sometimes, I do eat junk food, but that is at worst only once a month.

If someone offer me something I know I shouldn't eat/drink I simply turn them down. I don't care what they may think of me. That I'm healthy lol. Seriously, being healthy is almost something you would be looked down on among teenagers. I really, really envy those kids who can just eat whatever they want and still have incredibly clear skin. However, I don't regret saying no.

My acne is luckily not so bad. Right now I am only dealing with some redmarks on my cheeks. Maybe that's the reward for saying no temptations. Sometimes if you still get breakouts when eating healty and feel like it's not worth it, then just tell yourself that this breakout would've been much worse had you been eating unhealthy.

About myself. I ONLY drink water. I NEVER eat candy or things with much suger or fat. I try to eat at least 5 pieces of fruit a day. I take 30 mg of zinc every day aswell as I do DK regimen.

- I honestly believe that there's nothing more to do. I don't want acne to take over my life. I just do this and cross my fingers, that it will eventually pay off and make my acne disappear forever.

youre very right, and i have been trying to drink more water and not eat so much junk

still hard though, huh?

haha

well thats a great regimen to try! thanks!

Im in the same boat i guess, Im 17 i live with my parents and probably will for a few more years till university, but you do read alot on this forum about diet being the key thing that determines how your acne will be, and i've read alot about what types of foods you should eat.

But it's kind of tough to figure out what to do, becuase if your a teen your not sure whether its hormones or your diet or even other things for that matter, and also supllying these foods that are great for your skin are so hard to come by seeing as my mum and dad do all the shoppping and rightly so.

Also being a teen it's also even harder to be healthy as most teenagers drink and eat lots mof nasty shit, which i sometimes do becuase i simply want to feel under no pressure all the time, Im whinging abit here haha but i think you may get my drift.

A lot of the dietary advice going around on this forum is absolutely horrible. If you just try and eat healthy I'm sure you'll be fine, and the cause of your acne is most likely not diet at 17.

Nearly all herbs and spices (from plants) are anti-inflammatory.

And to the OP, maybe you could help with the cooking to have more influence in what is served and how it's prepared.

...becuase if your a teen your not sure whether its hormones or your diet or even other things for that matter...

It's not an either/or matter. Diet, sleep, exercise etc effect hormones.

A lot of the dietary advice going around on this forum is absolutely horrible. If you just try and eat healthy I'm sure you'll be fine, and the cause of your acne is most likely not diet at 17.

There are several teenagers who have gotten clear from dietary changes; and some of them, including me, got a lot of help from the dietary advice on this forum. Moreover, you can't "try and eat healthy" if you don't know how to eat healthy. What you just said would be like me saying, "Don't listen to any of the topical/prescription drug advice on this forum. Just go online, and order any anti-acne medication you see, and I'm sure you'll be fine."