Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
automattox

does anyone else really hate it when people say this?

I can't stand it when people say "Your true friends will be able to see past the way you look, and see the beautiful person within"

I personally find that statement to be extremely condescending. That's what people have to say when someone is so ugly that there's nothing nice they can say about their appearance other than that. I know they're intending to be polite, but I can't help but find that insulting. Sure, true friends aren't going to judge me based on my appearance, but am I so ugly that only sympathetic individuals will be willing to speak to me without being horribly disgusted? I don't want friends out of pity.

I wouldn't say my acne is nearly as bad as it is for alot of people, but nonetheless it's still there. However, I guess I see things differently than most people.

The way I see it, acne is a hidious disease -- it doesn't look good on anyone. It wouldn't look good even on Johnny Depp, Brad Pitt, or Angelina Jolie. No one. It's disgusting. However, acne is not a part of you, it is not a part of your body. It is simply a disease that can manifest itself on even the most beautiful faces, but I really hate it when people consider someone ugly because they have acne. A person can look wonderful without acne, but then they get acne and all of a sudden they're considered hidious? That's ridiculous! Look at my avatar, that is what I looked like a few months ago before my acne got worse; I don't care what people say, I know that I am not ugly. It's the disease that's ugly, not me.

Of course I don't want people to only be friends with me because of the way I look, just as I don't want them to not be friends with me because of the way I look. I want people to look past the blemishes on my face and realize that naturally I am not ugly, and then to also see that I am "beautiful on the inside". I'm sick of being classified as ugly just because of a disease.

Sure, you can all accept the fact that you have acne. But I don't want any of you to consider yourself ugly just because you have acne. That is just so stupid to me, how can something that's not even a part of you make you ugly?

Am I just being hyper-sensitive, or is there some sense to what I'm trying to say?

sensitive...yes. I see what you mean, but thinking that way isn't going to get you anywhere. It's funny you say Johnny Depp, Brad Pitt, or Angelina Jolie cause brad pitt has pockmarks everywhere and females are still on em. Johnny Depp I heard do too and I dont know about the other. Count your blessings.

I totally never noticed that Brad Pritt has pock marks. maybe he wears alot of make up haha.

I know it's likely not going to get me anywhere by thinking that way, but it just starts to really annoy me when I hear that too much.. I don't see why people would think that's the polite thing to say

yeah all that movie makeup... I hate it too, but worryin affects me too much, so i cant.. God bless though. you cheer up, alright!

lol celebs are lucky to have all those make-up artists at their side at all times...

yeah, it's really not a good thing to worry. it just starts to get to me at times. and thanks for you help :]

i hate it when my ex use to make me feel beautiful telling he love me no matter what...but then destroying me by saying no other guy will ever like me in the morning or without make up..........i also hate when my friends worry about a lil pimple and they all over reacting when i have like 3 and about 100 red marks ....