Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kriszti

All this rubbing and touching while applying the BP and moisturizer. . .

Can it be good for your skin? I always get worried about spreading bacteria from active lesions to the rest of my face while I'm applying the BP and moisturizer. Anyone else? Am I being paranoid or is there possibly sound reason for my concern?

hmm i think that when you're applying the bp, any bacteria you do pick up should be killed pretty instantly as soon as it comes in contact with the bp, i dont think bacteria could survive being rubbed around with a load of bp. as for the moisturiser i think again as the bp is so freshly on your face it should kill off any bacteria you pick up. also bear in mind (as far as i know) there are p acnes that live happily all over your face not causing problems, they're a natural thing and live on the skin surface, its when a combination of other things happens, ie pores get clogged, too much oil, irritation etc, that the spot forms. the bacteria itself wouldnt, i think, be enough to cause a spot.