Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nygiRL1

Expensive Brushes vs. Inexpensive

I found this video on youtube, pretty cool. He compares MAC Brushes to Craft Store ones. I LOVE makeup and wouldn't mind spending loads on it but I just cant bring myself to spend 50 dollars on one brush! :eh: Don't get me wrong I think MAC Brushes are great and sometimes the outcome of makeup is really dependant on the brush but I think some of there stuff is just overrated!

I found this video on youtube, pretty cool. He compares MAC Brushes to Craft Store ones. I LOVE makeup and wouldn't mind spending loads on it but I just cant bring myself to spend 50 dollars on one brush! :eh: Don't get me wrong I think MAC Brushes are great and sometimes the outcome of makeup is really dependant on the brush but I think some of there stuff is just overrated!

Hmmm very interesting. Though I'm not sure similar looking brushes can be equated with similar results. But interesting nonethless.

Actually alot of people use Loew-Cornell brushes and get great results .. my friend works for MAC and also as a freelance on the side to make extra money and uses them and loves them. Yes, MAC brushes are great but I think people are quick to buy something just because the name MAC is on it. Some of there brushes can be easily substituted with cheaper ones.

Enkore has all of the MAC brushes, he wouldnt recommend them if they werent similar in quality, and its all the same type of hair (and most brushes are produced the same way, they are all just brushes in the end) I've checked these brushes out before although i still havent bought any yet (I will soon)but they really are soft and sturdy quality brushes for painters and just because they're cheaper doesnt mean they arent as good, the price of MAC brushes are so high just because its the cosmetic industry which is huge compaired to the craft store industry.

I have a Bobbi Brown book and she even mentions that brushes sold in art supply stores are usually of the highest quality and are often at reasonable price.