Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
slumming_angel

Started regimen without moisturiser

I started a couple of days ago but I didn't use moisturiser because I didn't know if the one I have is oil-free. Now the skin around my mouth and chin is really dry, tight and shriveled. It also looks darker (like a tan colour). What can I use to reverse this effect?

The acne on my forehead looks slightly improved but the acne on the sides of my mouth looks worse and this is the part closest to my new dry skin.

p.s. I'm not allergic to the BP because I used to use a dermalogica product all the time that had the same amount of BP in it.

Please help I'm feeling really down today. Not only do I have acne but my skin also looks like the skin of a 50 year old when I'm only 22. :pray:

The skin around my mouth got really dry when I started The Regimen too. That's why it's so important to moisturize! Get out there and get yourself some moisturizer ASAP.

Take a break from BP until you have a good moisturizer. In fact once you have a good moisturizer, spend a couple of days applying it to you dry areas and rehydrating your skin, but don't use BP or any other treatments. Then start over, going easy with the BP and heavy with the moisturizer. The symptoms you describe are pretty normal but annoying effects of dry skin.

I wouldn't quit the BP. I think you should just add in the moisturizer. You can also use petroleum jelly (like Vaseline) in the evening around the really dry areas until they get better.