Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
&&&

anyone using MAC foundation

Does this product clog pores? im not sure if its a good foundation.

there are a number of different mac foundations. which one are you using? mac seems to be a toss up for people...... some people can use it, some can't.

idk but its the powder one. it has a seperate compartment for the pad and the foundation.

idk but its the powder one. it has a seperate compartment for the pad and the foundation.

no offense, but really, you should know what you're buying before you buy it, especially when you're shelling out money for more expensive products. please do me a favor, and any time you buy department store make-up and/or skincare again that you make sure (unless you've done your own research beforehand) that you ask an associate what would work best for your skin type and what you're trying to acheive. don't just grab at straws.

as far as they foundation you selected, it could be either studio fix powder or the mineralize powder. more than likely it's the studio fix powder. the most common review for this product is that it offers great coverage, but breaks some out. like i said before, as far as mac foundations, some work for some people, and some don't. i personally don't recall ever having a problem with any mac foundations breaking me out other than studio tech. i do remember experiencing more acne after using it.

i would recommend using mac cleanse-off oil at the end of the day to make sure it's all off. i am in :wub: with this stuff.

no offense, but really, you should know what you're buying before you buy it, especially when you're shelling out money for more expensive products. please do me a favor, and any time you buy department store make-up and/or skincare again that you make sure (unless you've done your own research beforehand) that you ask an associate what would work best for your skin type and what you're trying to acheive. don't just grab at straws.

as far as they foundation you selected, it could be either studio fix powder or the mineralize powder. more than likely it's the studio fix powder. the most common review for this product is that it offers great coverage, but breaks some out. like i said before, as far as mac foundations, some work for some people, and some don't. i personally don't recall ever having a problem with any mac foundations breaking me out other than studio tech. i do remember experiencing more acne after using it.

i would recommend using mac cleanse-off oil at the end of the day to make sure it's all off. i am in :wub: with this stuff.

yea its the studio fix one. well i didnt buy it. my cousin who also uses it got it for me and said it was pretty good. Man i wish i didnt even have to put make up on :[

yea its the studio fix one. well i didnt buy it. my cousin who also uses it got it for me and said it was pretty good. Man i wish i didnt even have to put make up on :[

with you on the no makeup thing completely. I remember when I was about 9 and my mom always had to put foundation on even if she was just going to get gas or something and I'd always get so impatient saying stuff like "omg mom you look fine you dont need to get all dressed up to go to the grocery store!" and "I'm never gonna wear makeup when I'm older" but this was of course before I had acne and I guess karma wanted to hit me so it did. And now I always need to put on makeup no matter where I'm going.. suckss but gotta deal I guess..

with you on the no makeup thing completely. I remember when I was about 9 and my mom always had to put foundation on even if she was just going to get gas or something and I'd always get so impatient saying stuff like "omg mom you look fine you dont need to get all dressed up to go to the grocery store!" and "I'm never gonna wear makeup when I'm older" but this was of course before I had acne and I guess karma wanted to hit me so it did. And now I always need to put on makeup no matter where I'm going.. suckss but gotta deal I guess..

Yea it pretty much sucks. i remember the days when i just had to walk out the door with out worrying about how my skin looks. lol and karma does suck sometimes.

that's good. :) i'm sorry if i was hard on you..... i would just hate for you to spend so much money on something you ended up hating. anyway, out of all the foundations i used by mac, studio fix fluid was my favorite. it's kind of on the heavy side, but it covered everything! you could always mix it with a little moisturizer if you didn't want so much coverage.

if you're really concerned about breaking out, and don't want to use the product, just take it back. mac's pretty good about taking things back, especially if it's a gift. get something you will use instead, or if you go to a department store counter, just get store credit to buy something you would like better (if you didn't want to get a different make-up product.)

that's good. :) i'm sorry if i was hard on you..... i would just hate for you to spend so much money on something you ended up hating. anyway, out of all the foundations i used by mac, studio fix fluid was my favorite. it's kind of on the heavy side, but it covered everything! you could always mix it with a little moisturizer if you didn't want so much coverage.

if you're really concerned about breaking out, and don't want to use the product, just take it back. mac's pretty good about taking things back, especially if it's a gift. get something you will use instead, or if you go to a department store counter, just get store credit to buy something you would like better (if you didn't want to get a different make-up product.)

o no ur fine. i dont mind. yea i think ill try it our cuz my cousins skin its clear and she says it doesnt make u break out.

I used to be ALL about MAC, until I had several people (makeup artists and estheticians) tell me it was horrible for your skin. I believed them and switched to mineral makeup. Did the Bare Minerals thing for a while then switched to Everyday Minerals and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it.

I still use MAC eyeliner, blush (on occasion, I do like mineral kind better), lipsticks/gloss and eyeshadows, but their face stuff is no bueno. At least in my opinion.

O well im still gonna give it a try. hope itll work. and can u get bare minerals from sephora?

O well im still gonna give it a try. hope itll work. and can u get bare minerals from sephora?

I wouldn't recommend Bare Mineral's or Sheer Cover,I have used them both and they made my acne look worse plus their known for clogging pores and making you break out more

I wouldn't recommend Bare Mineral's or Sheer Cover,I have used them both and they made my acne look worse plus their known for clogging pores and making you break out more

seriously?? o well thanks for the input.

^^^well, that's an individual experience too, although i will say that some people did experience breakouts from bare minerals, probably mostly likely from the bismuth oxide which can be an irritant to some. again, like mac, i had no problems with bare minerals, and i have somewhat sensitive skin. i'm not sure about sheer cover; i haven't heard anything about it. bare minerals is sold at sephora, and you might be able to get a sample to check it out. if you're going to go the mineral route though, i would check out everyday minerals, which is a lot cheaper, has more of a color selection, and has different coverage/formula options to choose from. you can get free samples from them too.

edit: thought this might be a good resource for you.... check out make up alley. lots of information and reviews to help you out. :)

^^^well, that's an individual experience too, although i will say that some people did experience breakouts from bare minerals, probably mostly likely from the bismuth oxide which can be an irritant to some. again, like mac, i had no problems with bare minerals, and i have somewhat sensitive skin. i'm not sure about sheer cover; i haven't heard anything about it. bare minerals is sold at sephora, and you might be able to get a sample to check it out. if you're going to go the mineral route though, i would check out everyday minerals, which is a lot cheaper, has more of a color selection, and has different coverage/formula options to choose from. you can get free samples from them too.

edit: thought this might be a good resource for you.... check out make up alley. lots of information and reviews to help you out. :)

ok. thanks :D

mac is goin pretty well for me so i mite stick to it.