Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
parks2kp3

Regarding Benzoyl Peroxide & Erythromycin

I was recently prescribed a Erythromycin - Benzoyl Gel where I mix the two together and refridgerate it. I was also prescribed Doxyclycline.

I was instructed to apply the Benzoyl+Erythromycin compound on my face two times a day and take the Doxyclycline once a day with food and plenty of water.

First: How long do I leave the Benzyol+Erythromycin compound on my face?

Second: When washing my face there are remaining white specks on my face. What should I do?

Third: Has anybody been prescribed this combination before? What, if any, were the results?

I really liked the benzamycin..but i was told only once a day and would leave it on over night...sometimes i would spot treat with in under my make up. but it seems like it would be hard to wear during the day because it dries and is visible, so it kinda makes you look like a ghost.

As far as the white specs after washing your face i got those sometimes when i had an open sore/zit and it would dry to that skin..so i would just suggest to let those areas completely dry before applying.

hope i helped a little bit :)