Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am seventeen and trying to get a part time job, to make me feel normal and there. To clarify my existence and give my life purpose, by putting chicken in plastic bags for people and giving them their change.

I've tried four different shops yesterday. I just kinda wandered in and smiled, and said, all nervous, "hiiiii. Would you have any jobs going here?" And they always said no, staff was full, but one guy did tell me to try again at CHRISTMAS cos it'd be busier then.

I was wondering, is it harder to get jobs in shops if you have acne? would employers be put off by it, from a business perspective, because it would make it harder for customers to feel comfortable with approaching you?

I bet im wasting my time. No shop will ever hire me because it isn't a financially sound movement. So I'll just go back to feeling a waster.

I purposely didn't try any clothes or makeup-y shops, cos i knew that they take looks even more seriously than other type of shops, and also cos i'd hate to work there due to all the vicious mirrors.

Huh. It'd probably being easier earning money by doing something like inventing a new drug for asthmatic hedgehogs or writing a novel.

Tell me your opinions please. Tell me all. All. Blood type, credit card number, white bread or brown bread, everything. :)

Um, it could just be that the start of summer is a really awful time to look for jobs. All the school kids are on summer vacation, and pretty much every single one of them is looking for a job too, so a lot of stores and restaurants have just hired a ton of kids. It's not anything against you, personally, they just don't have any more openings.

Acne doesn't matter, as long as you don't look yourself in the mirror every 30 seconds and ruin your job.

What matters is that you are a brave worker, and everyone will appreciate someone who does his job instead of wasting time

Most of the teens working at restaurants in my home town during the summer are full of acne, but they're kinda funny and ok, it's completely normal, nothing to worry about

I had acne all through my teens (and adulthood) and I've been working since I was 14. Trust me, and employer is not worried about your skin, they want someone who will be diligent, show up on time, and follow orders. Maybe you are just a tad late in your job search. You probably should have started looking befofe summer began.

I was in the bank today and my teller was a young woman in her 20's. She had pretty moderate acne with lots of make up covering it. She was was pretty though, and very friendly so her attitude and customer service shined through, regardless of the condition of her skin.

I am seventeen and trying to get a part time job, to make me feel normal and there. To clarify my existence and give my life purpose, by putting chicken in plastic bags for people and giving them their change.

I've tried four different shops yesterday. I just kinda wandered in and smiled, and said, all nervous, "hiiiii. Would you have any jobs going here?" And they always said no, staff was full, but one guy did tell me to try again at CHRISTMAS cos it'd be busier then.

I was wondering, is it harder to get jobs in shops if you have acne? would employers be put off by it, from a business perspective, because it would make it harder for customers to feel comfortable with approaching you?

I bet im wasting my time. No shop will ever hire me because it isn't a financially sound movement. So I'll just go back to feeling a waster.

I purposely didn't try any clothes or makeup-y shops, cos i knew that they take looks even more seriously than other type of shops, and also cos i'd hate to work there due to all the vicious mirrors.

Huh. It'd probably being easier earning money by doing something like inventing a new drug for asthmatic hedgehogs or writing a novel.

Tell me your opinions please. Tell me all. All. Blood type, credit card number, white bread or brown bread, everything. :)

No they don't care about your acne. It is all about personality, experience, and skillz. I used to look ridiculous and got any job. I had blonde hair with black polkadots in my hair and was MVP at Bed Bath & Beyond. What can I say? I rule?

Nope! They don't care unless you're applying to be a skin model. ;) The middle of summer is the crappiest time of year to try to find a new job for teens. Keep looking though. Don't give up! :)

Appearance does matter.

Example

A 600 pound woman walking into Hooters asking for a job applicant. What do you really think is going to happen?

I mean you will find a job. But appearance is taken into consideration when hiring someone and everyone knows this.

Appearance does matter.

Example

A 600 pound woman walking into Hooters asking for a job applicant. What do you really think is going to happen?

To be fair, Hooters is pretty particular. I'm young and shapely (read: relatively thin and definitely boobarific), and when I asked to apply, they told me that my hair and makeup weren't right, because "Hooters girls all have to look the same". No joke.

Guest kiwikali

what's with the new layouts of the topics? it's fuckin lame!!

anyways, i have a job and i got it back when i still had acne. i don't think it affects the job, unless your employer is really an asshole. i work at hollister, and as you probably know everyone there has to be all smiley and nice looking, but they hired me anyway! and it's a great job by the way, i do barely anything and i get great pay for a teenager in high school, and really huge discounts!

It didn't even strike you that the shops actually WERE full? no? k.

I got hired with more acne than you, and they didn't fire me when my acne was at it's worst. My boss must be the nicest ever!!!!!!!111111

Maybe because the economy is bad and it's mid summer??

But appearance does matter. When I worked in retail I would only let the hot girls fill out applications.

If you want to get a job, go to a female employee (you're a guy right?), flash a big smile, and start a conversation or something about her job and her opinion on stuff (that's if it's retail). Then just tell her you would like to work there and you want to fill out an application. Don't ask if they're hiring. Tell them to give you an application either way to fill out. Be flirty with the female employee so she'll give a good word to her boss who hires you. ;)