Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Growing up I always had an acne issue. Once I hit about 16 my mom bought me proactiv and it worked GREAT until my freshman year of college. Toward the end of my second semester, I developed pretty severe acne that just wont go away.

I've tried antibiotics, creams, gels and washes with little to no result. I'm a young, happy girl but can't get dates because of how ugly my face is. Its embarassing, and at this point I feel like I'm going to miss out on normal stepping stones because of how bad my acne is.

I feel ugly and pretty worthless. Men don't pay any attention to me, and it really is starting to get to me.

Guest kiwikali

i'm really sorry :(

i suggest that you see a derm. and if your skin is as bad as you say then the derm will probably prescribe accutane or something like that. accutane really helps a lot of people and it could be what will work for you!

what cured my acne was natural products like jojoba oil, tea tree oil, flax seed oil, apple cider vinegar, baking soda, honey, lemon juice, etc. and it worked fast. a healthy diet and plenty of sleep and water is important too.

i hope that was helpful, but seeing a dermatologist is the best thing to do.

good luck!

Since your acne changed to a point where Proactiv didn't work anymore, it could be something internal...like hormones. Definitely go to a dermatologist and see what they think.

i definitely agree with the two posts above and also try to think about the future, acne does have many many cures, as is demonstrated by all the testimonials on these boards, so you will eventually be clear, it may take you some time and tears to get there but when you do, you'll be able to look at all those boys who ignored you because of your skin and know what they're really like. acne makes people a lot of bad things but i also think it tends to make us much less judgmental, shallow and selfish so when you do get your skin you will have an (even more) wonderful personality to go along with it. good luck

you have acne. try not to judge it. understand it.. and live with it for now. its all you can do. and i'm sure you're doing a great job. in the meantime. talk to your doctor about accutane

I had acne all the way through my high school days and it felt like I missed out on all the boyfriend and dating through then, but in the long run I think thats better since pretty much all the guys in my high school were immature retards who I wouldnt want to date.

The one guy I did date for about a month became my really good friend, which is awesome since it doesnt seem like we ever went out now!

But dont give up hope, you kind of have to accept that you have acne and be a funloving person with it. Which can be hard obviously but like the other posters have said..

Go see a derm and maybe try some natural products or internal healing :)

dont worry i dont mind dating any girls with acne ..i know they soon will be gone and they will look pretty again ...dont worry be happy ...girls rocks =)

yea if something like proactiv or any other bacteria fighting agent won't work anymore i think you have an internal problem. maybe you could try accutane? since that targets oil production more.