Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mlcubed

Anyone tried both Proactiv and Dan's Regimen?

I've had acne since I was a teen...now 22 and still suffering. I started using Proactiv in high school and it helped alot but never completely clear....and I'm stuck with a reddish tinge on my face. I would also spot treat with 10% BP by Clearasil. I still have this same regimen for all these years (and hundreds of dollars later)! I've read people that have gone from proactiv to Dan's and found their face to become less red....maybe even be better? Should I try it?

I have mild to moderate acne, red spots on the cheek, red tinge.

good question. i wanna know too. i've never tried proactiv but i'm really considering it. i always hear such mixed reviews. I guess the only way to know for sure is to try it out yourself...

I actually tried Proactiv

while I was still in highschool (I am 20 now)

It worked great in the beginning but after a few

months I began to break out terribly.

Guess its just a temporary thing.

after proactiv I created my own regiment which

worked on and off.

I have recently been trying DKR and have found it

to be only moderately working currently. (1 week)

I don't like the moisturizer, as it contains jojoba oil

and I already have oily skin (asian)

and I kinda liked having a toner in my regiment,

but I'm trying to stick with DKR to a tee.

I am getting less cystic acne and more white heads

but im still recovering from some that I had before I started

DKR.

I however, never had a problem with the BP making my

skin more red, although I have been getting out in the sun

more recently.

Personally, I didn't like both of them. Proactiv was just so-so for me and it was a bit drying. I don't really remembered how DKR went for me but I had really really red and itchy, tight skin from it, so I won't go back. I had people asking me why my face was so red while I was on it :rolleyes: So, try something else?

iSN'T IT FUNNY HOW WE ALL HAVE DIFFerent experiences? (Ooops- sorry about caps.) I think Dan's regimen is gentler than Proactiv. I found Proactiv to be so harsh, especially the cleanser and the toner. The BP in the kit wasn't bad and neither was the moisturizer, though. However, I think for the money, the DKR is a gentler regimen than Proactiv and it costs less too. If you're still leaning toward Proactiv, they do have a "sensitve" product line with SA, as well. You can try that if you think that the BP is too harsh. I have also heard good things about the Proactiv Green Tea Moisturizer.

Keep in mind, this is a teenager talking: Proactiv seemed to regulate, but not exactly improve, my acne for the two month period I used it. Eventually I gave it up (though I still occasionally use their sulfur mask both as a mask and as spot treatment) and looked elsewhere. DKR didn't work for me at first, but after stints with Paula's Choice BHA and Differin I gave it another chance. I've been using it this second time for about five months now and it's kept my acne to two or three pimples at a time.

Proactiv is not a scam. It is like any major corporation in the united states, because it is well known and and a large company it gets a bad reputation. However, when we compare proactiv with dans regimen we begin to see that they are almost exactly the same. Proactiv's acne fighting ingredients are bp and glycolic acid. What are dan's? BP and glycolic acid. So if they both use the same ingredients, you have to decide what is gentler for your skin. For me it was the proactiv. I found that their formulation of bp is more suitable for my skin. Dans regimen emphasizes on using lots of bp, while proactiv suggests a pea sized amount, but actually you can use as much as you want. In the end I'd say you have to decide what is best for you by actually trying them both.

i used it for a year and i never got clear, it was way too harsh. my eyes were so dry and BURNING and eye cream didnt help. i always had dry rough patches and pimples everywhere :(

i use cetaphil and dans BP and jojoba oil and cetaphil moisturizer and have been the clearest EVER!

Proactiv is not a scam. It is like any major corporation in the united states, because it is well known and and a large company it gets a bad reputation. However, when we compare proactiv with dans regimen we begin to see that they are almost exactly the same. Proactiv's acne fighting ingredients are bp and glycolic acid. What are dan's? BP and glycolic acid. So if they both use the same ingredients, you have to decide what is gentler for your skin. For me it was the proactiv. I found that their formulation of bp is more suitable for my skin. Dans regimen emphasizes on using lots of bp, while proactiv suggests a pea sized amount, but actually you can use as much as you want. In the end I'd say you have to decide what is best for you by actually trying them both.

Also take into mind the inactive ingredients of both products. Proactive is loaded with harsh, irritating chemicals that do damage to the skin and the skins acid mantle...The toner has so many bad ingredients in it too.

I still have brown marks/spots from using proactive for a few months. Marks I wouldn't have if I never used it. It's done quite a bit of damage in terms of making my skin look much less even toned. Luckily I think I'll heal in a few months. The 3 steps combined can be extremely harsh and drying for a lot of people and the "cleanser" they sell is complete garbage. The 3rd step is a decently well made formula for spot treatment but the cleanser is a dud. But Benzoyl Peroxide in general as anything except a spot treatment is dangerous and damaging.

For what proactive boasts that it does and at the price, it IS a scam. Not to say Dan's regimen is much better in terms of ingredients but he's not getting celebrities to come on and pitch the product.

I've had acne since I was a teen...now 22 and still suffering. I started using Proactiv in high school and it helped alot but never completely clear....and I'm stuck with a reddish tinge on my face. I would also spot treat with 10% BP by Clearasil. I still have this same regimen for all these years (and hundreds of dollars later)! I've read people that have gone from proactiv to Dan's and found their face to become less red....maybe even be better? Should I try it?

I have mild to moderate acne, red spots on the cheek, red tinge.

i have tried both and i would say stick with proactiv. yeh it doesnt completely clear things but it keeps it under control which is important too. dans didnt cut it for me, but i follow the regimen still but just use proactiv instead (i dont use the proactiv toner cos its too drying) hope this helps!

I am coming off from Proactiv because it has stopped working. It cleared me for a little while but now my skin is the worst it has been in a long time. The Proactiv toner was extremely drying so I had to stop using it a long time ago. I have noticed several more red marks on my face after using it compared to DKR.

I am about to start DKR again with AHA thrown in the mix to tackle the red marks Proactiv left. DKR was much less drying and irritating to my face compared to Proactiv and I saw better results for longer, however like with everything else, DKR slowly stopped working so I switched.

Hey everyone,

I was a Proactiv user for a good four years, and it wasn't a bad experience for me. However, it did not keep my face completely clear and I would still get the occasional breakouts here and there. Luckily, those pimples were easy to pop and would go away in a week or so.

About three months ago, I decided to quit Proactiv and try a new product named Vivier Pharma that my dermatologist recommended me - BIG MISTAKE! I started getting crazy breakouts on my chin and the area underneath my nose. It was the worst time of my life! I did not want to go out because there were so many zits forming around my mouth.

After a month or so using Vivier Pharma, I lost hope in this product and decided to try Dan's Regimen. It's about a month or so since I've used it and it somewhat cleared up my zits around my mouth. However, I started getting breakouts on the side of my forehead which I never had before. Not to mention, these zits are huge and they're all clustered together. They're painful and I'm still trying to get rid of them at the moment. Also, I noticed that ever since I started using Dan's regimen, I'm getting a lot of whiteheads that has a hard texture but are easy to pull out.

To be honest, I regret quitting Proactiv. I certainly hope Dan's Regimen will regain the confidence that I once had before. Only time will tell...