Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So I moved out of state a year ago and kept contact with a close friend of mine.

Latley I've been thinking about the past and how I just want to move on with my life and stop holding on to what was lost. And so whenever I talk to old friends it brings back bad memories so I would rather not talk to them. Problem is I'm finding it really hard to just cut off these relationships being that my friend calls me constantly. I ignore her calls most of the time, but last time I called her back because I felt bad she picked up crying. She completey opened up about how she pretty much has no one in her life and how I was the only person who really cared and was a true friend becauase she felt she had nobody else. I then told her that she has to be strong and learn to be more independent because there are going to be a lot of times when all you have in your life is you. She told me she had no true friends and i told her that she has to learn to live without them. Coming from someone who hasn't had any for years. So with this advice in mind I was hoping she would take from what i said and understand when i didn't call her back anymore.

Because for me its nothing personal its just that I cant talk to someone reminding me of my past constantly because I'm trying to forget and move on.

So would it make me a bad person by cutting her off?

Would I be doing her a favor?

There's only so much I can do for her over the phone, thousands of miles away.

What should I do?

Well, I don't know enough about your past to give any opinion on if your reasons for cutting off contact with her are "reasonable" or not. But hey, if you decide to stop calling her, that's your decision. You shouldnt feel forced to stay friends with someone if your heart isn't in it. Actually, it would likely harm your friend if you stayed in touch just to appease her.

So I moved out of state a year ago and kept contact with a close friend of mine.

Latley I've been thinking about the past and how I just want to move on with my life and stop holding on to what was lost. And so whenever I talk to old friends it brings back bad memories so I would rather not talk to them. Problem is I'm finding it really hard to just cut off these relationships being that my friend calls me constantly. I ignore her calls most of the time, but last time I called her back because I felt bad she picked up crying. She completey opened up about how she pretty much has no one in her life and how I was the only person who really cared and was a true friend becauase she felt she had nobody else. I then told her that she has to be strong and learn to be more independent because there are going to be a lot of times when all you have in your life is you. She told me she had no true friends and i told her that she has to learn to live without them. Coming from someone who hasn't had any for years. So with this advice in mind I was hoping she would take from what i said and understand when i didn't call her back anymore.

Because for me its nothing personal its just that I cant talk to someone reminding me of my past constantly because I'm trying to forget and move on.

So would it make me a bad person by cutting her off?

Would I be doing her a favor?

There's only so much I can do for her over the phone, thousands of miles away.

What should I do?

They say that close friends in real life become your soulmates in the afterlife. So basically, you just screwed yourself for:

Eternity - The Rest of Your LIfe

HEHE

I'm just going to call her on her b-day.

I'll still keep in touch enough to let her

know i havn't 4gotten her because she

was a really good friend.