Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
andersoj

Accutane and Contacts?

I'm insecure enough about my appearance, without having to wear dorky glasses, but now lasik is out of the question (for accutane users) and I'm not sure how well I'll be able to tolerate contacts as I couldn't get used to them in high school (BeforeTane). I'm on a very low dose and my eyes aren't annoyingly dry, think I should give em another try?

I would think you should try them especially if wearing glasses makes you feel insecure and if your eyes aren't too irritated. Although glasses don't always have to be dorky, you could find a really hot pair of glasses aha. Or maybe you could get prescription sunglasses or something if contacts don't work. If you don't mind me asking, what dosage of accutane are you on? I'm begging various dermatologists for it and no one will give it to me and a low dose seems like a good proposition if they agree. Good luck with accutane btw!

I've been wearing glasses for 10+ years now and I have about 4 stylish pairs that I currently wear. :) But if you don't want to shell out the money for glasses (because they get really expensive sometimes) wear contacts. They didn't bother me that much when on Accutane. But get eye drops anyways.

I would think you should try them especially if wearing glasses makes you feel insecure and if your eyes aren't too irritated. Although glasses don't always have to be dorky, you could find a really hot pair of glasses aha. Or maybe you could get prescription sunglasses or something if contacts don't work. If you don't mind me asking, what dosage of accutane are you on? I'm begging various dermatologists for it and no one will give it to me and a low dose seems like a good proposition if they agree. Good luck with accutane btw!

I'm on a maitance dose of about 5 mg/day, but that probably wouldn't do much for you and derms are very reluctant to prescribe such a dose. Maybe try asking for a course @20 mg a day, I read a study somewhere where that dose for six months resluted in long term clearing for some. Maybe try and find it and show it to your doc.

I've been wearing glasses for 10+ years now and I have about 4 stylish pairs that I currently wear. :) But if you don't want to shell out the money for glasses (because they get really expensive sometimes) wear contacts. They didn't bother me that much when on Accutane. But get eye drops anyways.

Ive actually already got a couple "designer" pairs that Ive been wearing on and off the last five or six years, (you might remember the heart frames) its just glasses in general that kind of get to me.

Anyway, wahwahwah, maybe someday I'll get the motivation to actually try contacts again.

I'm insecure enough about my appearance, without having to wear dorky glasses, but now lasik is out of the question (for accutane users) and I'm not sure how well I'll be able to tolerate contacts as I couldn't get used to them in high school (BeforeTane). I'm on a very low dose and my eyes aren't annoyingly dry, think I should give em another try?

Lasik eye surgery etc is only not available while taking accutane yes??

Once the course is finished you can have it done right??

Lasik eye surgery etc is only not available while taking accutane yes??

Once the course is finished you can have it done right??

Pretty sure you have to wait at least a year or two.