Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NdnRomeo

My scalp bumps vanished... you won't believe what the cause was.

For 3 to 4 years I had a progressive issue with my scalp. I would get these bumps, they were not acne but they were painful and the size of acne. I read about it on the web as well. I always thought it was my diet. After acne cleared I wondered what else it could be?

One day I decided to simply drink tap water instead of the water that comes out of the fridge because it fills up really slow and I thought it didn't matter. It was pure coincidence and luck.

In a matter or two days it stopped fully and cleared. I used to have new bumps everyday for years. Finally it stopped in it's tracks and at the time I never realized what it was. But it did not come back for a week. I figured it was odd then realized what had happened. I tracked backwards and realized the only change was the water source.

So I decided to try the fridge water again, within 3 hours I felt more bumps in my scalp!

I let those clear up after a week or so, and stopped drinking it and tried it one more time. Without fail, in 3 hours I would get them again!

So something in the fridge water is doing something really nasty and I am reacting to it. Now I stay away from it and no longer have a problem with my scalp.

Just wanted to share in case someone else was having the same problem, it may be the water source or a contaminant perhaps.

It makes me mad at the same time that it was something so obvious but so yet not.

Good riddance!

Bizarre, possibly its something from the filtration system.

Very horrifying! Just trying to think what could be inside of it

i wonder if the filtration system has some nasty stuff in it or possibly the mineral from the tap ? if you have hard water that could be it

I would say either contamination of the filtration system -whens the last time the filter was changed?

or

Some element of the filter itself causes some sort of reaction in u.

The filter was changed last year. Oddly even with a new filter nothing had changed, it was persistent for much longer, so it's probably something else, something in between the filter and the output, or perhaps it's the filter itself. Or maybe it's just some contaminant of the fridge. I am not sure, but it perplexes me. I hate not being able to find out something. It's not like researching supplements, it's really just strange.

The filter was changed last year. Oddly even with a new filter nothing had changed, it was persistent for much longer, so it's probably something else, something in between the filter and the output, or perhaps it's the filter itself. Or maybe it's just some contaminant of the fridge. I am not sure, but it perplexes me. I hate not being able to find out something. It's not like researching supplements, it's really just strange.

Or the tubing. And the filter probably needs to be changed more often than that. It's most likely somewhere between every 2-6 months.

wait so its bad to be drinking the water that comes out of your fridge??? shit i've been drinking that stuff for years

This is probably gonna cause a little water freak out on here...

Its one of those things where yeah the water you drink is probably unhealthy, but is it really affecting you very much, probably not. But heres an example where it was affecting someone so you might wanna consider cleaning out your filters more often or going for super clean water like distilled.

wait so its bad to be drinking the water that comes out of your fridge??? shit i've been drinking that stuff for years

With any filtered water, you need to carefully follow the manufacturers instructions about changing the filters. Most use a carbon-based filter for at least one stage and microbes will grow in it.

This is why I only do distilled water. Health folks on here who dont drink distilled...you might wanna try it.

Hey bobby be careful not to drink distilled! That is really bad because it has the wrong ionization, pH, oxidation, and polarization. Also regular water has essential micro nutrients that are vital for living.

You will have a rapid loss of electrolytes (sodium, potassium, chloride) and trace minerals like magnesium, deficiencies of which can cause heart beat irregularities and high blood pressure.

Distilled water is an active absorber and when it comes into contact with air, it absorbs carbon dioxide, making it acidic. The more distilled water a person drinks, the higher the body acidity becomes.

The longer one drinks distilled water, the more likely the development of mineral deficiencies and an acid state.

I got the first line from mercola, and the rest here

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qi...30184718AAhcDOw

distilled is very dangerous in the long run, best of luck.

No no, this is just an individual case (me), it's just to point out that just be careful you never know what's inside, be sure it's clean.

Another good option is using tap water but putting a pUr filter on it and using it as directed. You can then see everything, and know for a fact there's nothing wrong.

So, how does your tap water taste like? :)

I got used to it fast lol, luckily enough we have soft water ,phew

wao interesting, I also have those bumps, specially in my neck and the back of my head

I also drink that kind of water recently, but the bumps I had those bfore starting drinking that water

man... so many things...

wao interesting, I also have those bumps, specially in my neck and the back of my head

I also drink that kind of water recently, but the bumps I had those bfore starting drinking that water

man... so many things...

Damn :( Another thing I've heard is if you eat gluten it can be caused by that. So that's another thing to try. Also using head and shoulders has helped some people too

but gluten is part of my diet, in my bread, I cut out milk and I have improved, how am I supposed to replace bread or pasta?

but gluten is part of my diet, in my bread, I cut out milk and I have improved, how am I supposed to replace bread or pasta?

I can empathize, I still eat gluten, lots of it. Fortunately acne wise nothing happens. I do believe it can be an issue for many many people, even possibly me, but I honestly do not have enough strength left to give that up, especially like you said, bread and pasta omg.

But there is brown rice pasta, also they have gluten free breads :D

So you can do it! It won't even be noticable that you traded it off with the alternatives.

It's great to live in 2008! So many options, thank God for that! Imagine if this were the 1700's or something :P