Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jamielove21

EM-drying out skin...is this why??

I've asked a few times about EM drying out my skin. I've tried putting moisturizer before my makeup, and I still get flaky. I've racked my brain trying to figure it out, because no one else seems to have that problem. So a lightbulb went off tonight. I order Matte finish of the foundations - do you think thats why its drying my skin out? Maybe I should try another formula? I have normally oily skin, but the EM seems to give me flakes, but not take care of the oil (go figure!). I began taking accutane about a week and a half ago, so im sure my skin will continue to dry out.....thoughts???

Thanks!

Original Glow is supposed to be for dryer skin types, but a lot of people seem to like it better. I haven't tried it, so I don't know if it is different or not, but that's just what I heard.

You can try using the spritzing your face method after applying minerals or buff more. Make sure you have a good brush. i.e. EDM Flat Top

ive also found that alternating between putting just minerals on your face one day and making it into a tinted moisturiser the other day really helps. it may not work for you but i mix my normal amount of minerals with a small squirt of dans moisturiser (im not sure this is the best as its quite runny but you could try another) and then buff that onto your face. it gives you a nice base and then i just go over red bits with a bit of powder. i find this much less drying on my skin as i think the tinted moisturiser is kind of like a barrier, stopping the actualy minerals being on my skin so much. i prefer the look of just minerals as i find i need to blot quite a lot but i think oil is better than cracked dry skin. good luck