Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
J-Dog

Gluten-Free Acne-Free and more!

Thanks SweetJade... later I was thinking:"Man, I hope I didn't come off as 'preachy' about being gluten free..."

After reading so many stories from other people, I know that everyone has different triggers for their acne, and some people need the medications... I'm just happy that I've finally found my trigger and that I don't have to get expensive meds!

... though, gluten free bread is ridiculously over priced.

So, I've been gluten-free for about two weeks now.

For the first week I saw steady improvement, with no breakouts...I've never had such dramatic results so quickly. I can honestly say that by the end of the week I had no active spots.

However, I ate some dinner about four, five days ago, and my mother forgot to tell me she used Shake 'N' Bake, which as you all can guess, contains gluten. The next day I started getting spots, and within 3 days I had a pretty big breakout, and now I'm healing (aside from one) by being gluten-free again.

Is it normal to have a worse than normal reaction to gluten after being off of it for a while? I'm really hoping I found my cause, if I was clear for a few days just out of luck then it'd really kill me to realize it was just luck... :(

Also, I've been pretty damn sick lately, but I don't know if that affects my skin.

Hello, Hello! (hee hee, sorry, couldn't resist)

YES, I've been noticing that I'm more sensitive. I was accidentally 'glutened' by a mini can (237 ml) of Coke Zero - with caramel colouring which had both barley and wheat in it - and BOOM, huge zit 12 hours later. My mom also has gluten intolerance (likely celiac diesase actually) and she noticed the same... not the acne, but that she's more sensitive after going off of gluten.

Hello, Hello! (hee hee, sorry, couldn't resist)

YES, I've been noticing that I'm more sensitive. I was accidentally 'glutened' by a mini can (237 ml) of Coke Zero - with caramel colouring which had both barley and wheat in it - and BOOM, huge zit 12 hours later. My mom also has gluten intolerance (likely celiac diesase actually) and she noticed the same... not the acne, but that she's more sensitive after going off of gluten.

Thanks for the fast reply! Ha, and that was the point of my name, so I'm glad someone's taking advantage of it...I'm increasingly certain that I have a gluten insensitivity. It seems to me that the only spots I really break out are areas where irritation is common - mostly shaving spots, and they seem to be "surface zits". Places where I was frequently getting non-inflamed and small zits before omitting gluten have dried up and begun healing. Before, the healing process (where I visibly noticed redness declining) was so slight and lengthy it would take me months to even realize a spot had healed. If, that is, it did heal.

I hope this continues! I think I'll keep a food log so the next time some gluten gets in my system I won't have to go back and investigate, and potentially lose the culprit.

Yeah, I will start back keeping a food log as well...

I am stirring clear of anything besides what i prepare..and even small things like seasonings ext...I am very weary of ...

I think this can be counquered...

I also noticed since thursday I have been eating very light, I mean boiled eggs, and, and light salads, with salmon 1 time a day...and my skin is the clearest, and poreless as ever...I am having to keep my food lightly until my ulcer heals.

i've also being eating gluten free for 2 weeks and my skin was doing fine up until this week-end. last week i was away on business and tried my best to steer clear of gluten, but on Thursday night i had fish that was ever so slightly battered. and now my skin looks terrible, massive outbreaks. can a little bit of gluten really have such a massive response or am i maybe not gluten sensitive. btw i only get small litlle white heads, especially around my mouth and forehead. i will eat really well this week and if my skin clears up then maybe i have my answer. if not, then i don't know anymore...

:ninja: Gluten seems to be the pits..

And I think celiac/gluten sensativity..all plays a role in most forms

of leaky gut..which I also assume that then leads to a number of health problems, ranging from bad digestion, to stomach ulcers..to suceptiblity to parasites..and candida..and food intolerances..

and more health problems, and more food allergies..ext..

I think Gluten is just horrible, and should be avoided like the plague..

The screwy part is that it is hidden in sooo many foods..through additives, and sauces...its just has different names ext...same with msg ext..

Yeah , we must most definately become deligient in preparing our own foods...buying gluten free foods, and stirring clear of most, if not all restaurant foods.

ive been trying my hardest to stay off gluten.. i have found results but i cant find any foods safe to eat THIS IS REDICULOUS

ive been getting so so so lightheaded after just 3 days... i even passed out wen i stood up

ive been drinkin plenty water too. i just cant find any foods to eat this is so hard.

thuglife25k..wont you just buy gluten free foods?

If gluten is one of the main problem for you...just get gluten free foods, right?

I am stocking up this week on some..thats for sure.