Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
J-Dog

Gluten-Free Acne-Free and more!

Hello All,

I am new here. I know Dan from college. Go Dan! This site is awesome. :-)

About 4 weeks ago, a holistic naturopath told me that I have a gluten sensitivity. I wish I had known about this problem from birth. I strongly believe my health would have been much better. In the past, I have had anemia, several areas of inflammation (eye, knee, bronchial), a thyroid goiter, asthma, depression/anxiety, and ACNE. Sounds scary, right? Well, my life has been very good in other ways, especially now that I am gluten-free. :angel:

Gluten (the protein in wheat, rye, barley, and, due to cross-contamination, oats) causes inflammation and many other problems in sensitive people. Not everyone may be sensitive. Some experts think most people are sensitive to gluten while others think a limited percentage of people are. There are many web pages devoted to providing info on gluten and various diseases/disorders. All you have to do is Google "gluten + __________ ". You will see info on Celiac disease (gluten-sensitivity that causes intestinal inflammation and other gastro problems, specifically). There is also something called NON-CELIAC gluten sensitivity. Gluten can have a negative impact on any organ in the body, including the skin (acne and other problems) and the brain (schizophrenia, ADD, depression, etc).

If you are interested, go to The Food Philosopher, a site on gluten sensitivity, inflammation, and gluten-free eating, cooking, and baking. There are plenty of products out there (at Trader Joe's, Wegman's, Whole Foods, Kings and other stores). And restaurants nowadays are very helpful. All you have to do is ask for the gluten-free options and explain what you mean, if necessary.

Now that I am on a gluten-free diet (and almost dairy free, by the way...and later, perhaps, meat free), I hope all of my former problems will be gone forever. So far, my asthma (due to bronchial inflammation) is gone. I have not had an attack in 4 weeks. (I was told by my allergist that pet dander and dust, which I have been exposed to every day this summer but have not had an attack, acted as a trigger). My acne is gone. My thyroid is also gone, unfortunately due to surgergy. I am also calmer. My thinking is much more clear as well.

The gluten-free diet is one of the best things that has ever happened to me, health-wise. Oh, and I do not have any allergies to anything (food of all kinds, ragweed, dust, pollen, mold). I have been tested twice...10 years ago AND just this past Friday. Skin and blood tested.

I did get some zits when my hormones flared during pms this time around (honesty is the best policy here) but they went away almost immediately after using Proactiv. My thinking is that I was not all clogged up with gluten, so the Proactiv could work! Right now I am ZIT FREE (except for tiny clogs in pores...from my period, most likely...very minor compared to what I have seen in the past and EASY to get rid of)!!! Bottom line is that my skin cleared up within days of going on a gluten-free (and almost dairy-free) diet. Amazing.

If you are going to try a gluten-free diet, though, you really need to do the research. A lot of foods and personal items have gluten in them. The "natural flavor" in Godiva chocolate, for example, is gluten. I found out the hard way after fully digesting a piece of this chocolate after not having had gluten for about 2 weeks: I experienced electric shock-like feelings in my stomach, the beginnings of a major asthma attack, and a massive headache with electric-shock like feelings also. I have never experienced that in my life. If you are gluten-sensitive AND you accidentally eat gluten after not having had it, your body reacts very strongly. My personal experience is an example but there is also info about this issue online. Oh, and I havent had an asthma or other attack since.

Let's hope I never suffer from acne, asthma, or anything gluten-related again. It's nice to be virtually medicine free also.

So sorry pharmaceuticals! You will not be making money off of me anymore (unless it is absolutely necessary). I cant help but think that the pharmaceuticals, which fund medical research and medical school programs, do not want people to know about gluten and to be treated on a gluten-free diet. For certain health problems, all one needs is a gluten-free diet. No medicine is necessary to treat these problems. The pharmaceuticals make no money that way. Doctors rarely mention gluten...that's rather interesting to me (and it is interesting to doctors who are in the know about gluten and write about the negative effects of gluten in sensitive people).

In sensitive people, gluten=evil.

Optimal health to all,

J-Dog

Other info:

It takes 3-6 months to experience the full effects of a gluten-free diet, but I noticed changes within days. My skin cleared up within days. My asthma was gone within days.

As recommended by my holistic naturopath, I have eliminated wheat, rye, barley, and almost all oats, except gluten-free oatmeal.

What I eat: veggies, fruits (no citrus), nuts, seeds, brown/bismati rice, pasta and bread without gluten, quinoa, lean meat/fish (a bit, may not eventually), almost no dairy, flaxeed meal, tofu/tempeh (new to diet and in limited quantities), soy cheese and yogurt (limited, the yogurt is too sweet, so I may cut), eggs (cage free, veggie fed, good for Omega 3s), herbal teas, filtered water, almond milk, almond butter

(The naturopath recommended that I avoid soy, but I am considering going vegetarian and am trying to work tofu and tempeh in and gradually remove meat. I am not sure I can do it, though. We shall see.)

Fun food: I have made gluten-free brownies (with added chocolate chips and walnuts), chocolate chip cookies, and pizza. Brownies and cookies are delish! The pizza is a bit spongey but good.

Supplements: Multivitamin, Vitamin D, Selenium (in Brazil nuts), Vitamin C, Turmeric capsule, Probiotic capsule, Green Foods Powder as drink in filtered water, Immune System-balancing concoction, Fish Oil (liquid), Calcium with Magnesium and Vitamin D

Soy decreases inflammation--naturally. But, be careful, there are issues with estrogen.

Turmeric decreases inflammation--naturally.

Sunflower seeds reduce inflammation AND provide all kinds of nutrients. I want to try sunbutter soon!

Almond butter has far more calcium than peanut butter, by the way.

Thanks for your post and congrats! I think the inflammation factor in the development of acne and other diseases is very, very important. I cleared my skin by avoiding inflammatory foods such as wheat, dairy, sugar, etc. I only wish I had this information when I was suffering from awful breakouts in high school.

I actually think it's pretty easy to minimize one's intake of pro-inflammatory foods and maximize anti-inflammatory nutrients and lifestyle choices. I'll post my "regimen" soon enough.

Dam, I know this would help me so much, but I also love pasta so much. :cry:

Oh yeah, would you mind telling me how long it took for you to start feeling better?

I have been trying to go on a gluten free diet too

But everything just seem so dangerous to me now haha

I eat bob's red mill's gluten free oat meal in the morning

then steam some vegetable and a corn for lunch

then snack through a gluten free cereal sometimes.....

but my biggest weakest is rice at night x_x

I dunno if the rice that Im eating is gluten free or not ( it's jasmin rice from thailand)

Ima cut all the rice starting tomorrow just to be safe....

One of the things I was sure I'd miss most when I quit gluten was pasta too but I was pleasantly suprised to find gluten-free pasta (made with maize and rice flour) was just as good if not better than the real thing - Unlike a lot of gluten-free alternatives. Give it a go +see.

Oh yeah, would you mind telling me how long it took for you to start feeling better?

I started feeling better overall within days. My skin cleared up within days. I didnt have an asthma attack within days. It is truly amazing. I highly recommend it. I wouldnt eat gluten again if you paid me a million bucks!

Bionaturae makes AWESOME gluten-free pasta (with rice, soy, and potatoe instead of wheat) in all the usual varieties (spaghetti, penne, etc). I like it better than brown rice pasta. I dont want my pasta to smell like rice when it is cooking. The brown rice pasta smells like brown rice.

Give it a try. If you are truly gluten-sensitive, you will notice a difference in no time. And you might be preventing other health problems. It is TOTALLY worth it!

Good luck!

~J-Dog :angel:

then snack through a gluten cereal sometimes.....

I dunno if the rice that Im eating is gluten free or not ( it's jasmin rice from thailand)

Hi,

If you are truly gluten-sensitive then eating gluten-filled cereal could be DANGEROUS!! Do you have other health problems (no need to answer). If you do, you might want to go to a holistic naturopath, which is what I did. He gave me info on how to eat gluten-free completely. There is so much info online, though. But going to the naturopath was a real boost for me. It is helping me to stay on track. But I have to. I am doing it not simply to prevent acne but to achieve optimal health for years to come.

Is the rice brown rice? It should be fine. I was told to eat brown or bismatic rice. But dont over do it. Rice is acidic, which could be unhealthy. Eat lots of leafy green veggies. I have to eat more of them. It's hard to fit it all in sometimes. I am not that hungry!!! I also drink a green foods powder (provides 20 servings of greens in one 8-ounce glass). And, it's mint flavored, so it tastes good!

All the best,

J-Dog

I eat bob's red mill's gluten free oat meal in the morning

I am going to get this oatmeal ASAP! I havent gotten around to it yet. I cant wait!!!

I love their flaxeed meal. And their gluten-free brownies are awesome, especially when you add extra chocolate chips and walnuts. YUM! :-)

~J-Dog

Hi J-Dog,

Thanks so much for this info! I have been seeing a nutritionist, and have been told that I am intolerant to two things: potato, and sucrose in combination with fruit. however, I have started to cut out several potential allergens from my diet, including gluten, wheat, and dairy. since then, i've noticed that I feel MUCH MUCH better and that my skin has been rapidly clearing. My question is this: if my intolerance test turned up negative for GRAINS, do you know if that means that I am also negative for a gluten intolerance? What tests were used to determine your gluten intolerance? Was it just an elimination diet, or did you have a blood test? If you had a blood test, I'd love to ask my doctor to run one on me!

Any info will be great, and thanks again for posting this!

A

Hi J-Dog,

My question is this: if my intolerance test turned up negative for GRAINS, do you know if that means that I am also negative for a gluten intolerance? What tests were used to determine your gluten intolerance? Was it just an elimination diet, or did you have a blood test? If you had a blood test, I'd love to ask my doctor to run one on me!

A

Hi A,

I did not get tested. My holistic naturopath did not recommend it because he does not think I have full-blown celiac. I just did an elimination diet--and it worked. And I will never eat gluten again because I am sensitive (see info in my post about my reaction to an accidental small dose of gluten in a piece of chocolate).

Here is the thing: Often, tests come back negative for gluten-sensitivity. And wheat allergy tests (different from sensitivity/intolerance) often do not reveal allergy either. I have read a number of comments by people online who believe that if an elimination diet works, that's all that is necessary to determine whether someone is gluten-sensitivite or allergic. So, if you eliminate gluten and you feel better, then stick with it.

However, if you have gastrointestinal problems and have celiac, you might want to try to get a diagnosis. You could get a tax break on your gluten-free purchases. No lie! I dont have these issues and I have already eliminated gluten. In order for me to get tested, I would have to do what is called a "gluten challenge," meaning I would have to start eating gluten again so that it builds up in my body and can be detected in a test.

Given my horrendous reaction to the accidental dose, I do not want to eat any gluten for the rest of my life. Not even for a million bucks!

All the best,

J-Dog

then snack through a gluten cereal sometimes.....

Hi,

If you are truly gluten-sensitive then eating gluten-filled cereal could be DANGEROUS!! Do you have other health problems (no need to answer). If you do, you might want to go to a holistic naturopath, which is what I did. He gave me info on how to eat gluten-free completely. There is so much info online, though. But going to the naturopath was a real boost for me. It is helping me to stay on track. But I have to. I am doing it not simply to prevent acne but to achieve optimal health for years to come.

Is the rice brown rice? It should be fine. I was told to eat brown or bismatic rice. But dont over do it. Rice is acidic, which could be unhealthy. Eat lots of leafy green veggies. I have to eat more of them. It's hard to fit it all in sometimes. I am not that hungry!!! I also drink a green foods powder (provides 20 servings of greens in one 8-ounce glass). And, it's mint flavored, so it tastes good!

All the best,

J-Dog

ooo sry it was gluten free cereal...by nutty flax

it says it has omega 3 on the package but i cant find anything related to omega3 in the ingredient lol

ya! i eat a little bit of rice onli..coz I heard it makes ppl gain weight easily

the one i was eating is white rice...

* cuts rice now *

all my food supplies are from whole food btw *

wut store u go shop into? :wub:

and I found a very good gluten free pasta brand...it's called tinkyada

it has a rabbit on the package....to me it taste the same with normal pastas! ( not really a picky person here haha )

all my food supplies are from whole food btw *

wut store u go shop into? :wub:

and I found a very good gluten free pasta brand...it's called tinkyada

it has a rabbit on the package....to me it taste the same with normal pastas! ( not really a picky person here haha )

I actually think it's pretty easy to minimize one's intake of pro-inflammatory foods and maximize anti-inflammatory nutrients and lifestyle choices. I'll post my "regimen" soon enough.

I agree. It is easy. Especially when the gluten-free diet works. It really does. I feel great. My entire body works so much better from head to toe. Inflammation is never a good thing. There is a direct link between inflammation and cancer, so people really need to eliminate all foods and other substances that cause inflammation.

Hello j-dog!

I have been doing this for over the past week, the gluten free diet..

and I must say, I think you are sooo right!!

I have stuck to this diet for a while now, not even resalizing it, however I would still break out..

be cause I was taking vitamins with msg/gelatin ext...and I am allergic/sensative to those substances..

Since I cut them out, I have not had any breakouts...yet I ,last week ate some potaoe chips..and I felt really sick to my stomache, and like I was going to die..

I have ben researching more on gluten sensativity and whatnot,...and I fit the profile of a gluten sensative person..

My diet consist of lean white meats, for now...and plenty of dark green veggies, and no fruit..

I will be doing bended smoothies as well.

I am definiately NOT TOUCHING GLUTEN AGAIN!!

However, can you post the list OF GLUTEN FOODS ON HERE...

When I try and find them online, I keep seeing the list of foods, that do not contain gluten, but I dont see lists of foods/sunstances/sauces..that DO CONTAIN GLUTEN.

SO, can you are whomever kknows list the gluten stuffs, so we can know?

I think more people should try and cut out gluten and see how their skin behave...

My skin is looking just fab lately :angel: ...

besides a couple of scars.

Thanks for this topic , and your experience.

When I try and find them online, I keep seeing the list of foods, that do not contain gluten, but I dont see lists of foods/sunstances/sauces..that DO CONTAIN GLUTEN.

Foods and Personal Items to AVOID:

beer and other grain-based alcohol products (gluten-free beer is available)

bouillons and broths

breading (such as the coating on breaded chicken cutlets, etc.)

brown rice syrup (frequently made from barley)

cake flour (made from wheat)

caramel color (occasionally made from barley)

communion wafers

potato chips (most have gluten ON them)

couscous

creamed or breaded vegetables

dextrin (a rare ingredient, which may be made from wheat; maltodextrin is OK for people with celiac disease to eat)

dry roasted nuts (processing agents may contain wheat flour or flavorings)

fried chicken

french fries (if they've been coated in flour)

gravies and sauces (including some tomato and meat sauces)

imitation bacon, crab, or other seafood

luncheon and processed meats

malt or malt flavoring (usually made from barley)

marinades

matzo

modified food starch (most food manufacturers will now specify the source of this ingredient; e.g., modified cornstarch, which is OK, or modified wheat starch, which is not)

nondairy creamer

pastas

salad dressings

seasonings (pure spices are OK, but check seasoning mixes for gluten-containing additives)

some herbal teas and flavored coffees

soup mixes and canned soups

soy sauce and soy sauce solids (they may be fermented with wheat; don't eat them unless you verify they're OK with a dietitian)

spreads, soft cheeses, and dips

stuffings

thickeners

udon noodles

wheat-free products (wheat free does not mean gluten free; many wheat-free cookies and breads contain barley or rye flour, which contains gluten and other gluten-containing ingredients)

yogurts with wheat starch

A recent law now helps make checking labels for gluten a bit easier. Since January 2006, all food labels are required to clearly state if the food contains any of the top eight food allergens, including wheat. However, wheat free doesn't mean gluten free. Lawmakers are also working to make labels easier for people with celiac disease by requiring companies to identify other components, such as hidden ingredients and barley and rye.

Communion wafers

Glue (US-made envelope glue is reportedly gluten-free)

Lipstick, gloss, and balms

Prescription and over-the-counter medications listing gluten, starch, flour, or dusting powder as excipients

Supplements listing gluten, starch, flour, or dusting powder as excipients

Other? Just Google the product or food + gluten: Syrup + Gluten.

ALSO, to find out what is gluten-free, just Google: Burt's Bees + Gluten free (YES!!!).

from two websites...not my brain :-)

~J-Dog

I think more people should try and cut out gluten and see how their skin behave...

My skin is looking just fab lately :angel: ...

besides a couple of scars.

Honestly, it's easier to list the foods that Do Not contain gluten than the foods that do. You can read the loooooong lists of possible foods that contain it (read ingredient labels, look for the bolded ingredients or the allergy note), but it's much more appealing to know what foods don't. Afterall, you'll be aiming to eat the foods that don't contain gluten and forget about everything else.

To help ya out, here's a few sites that let's you know where to eat out (this list is not all inclusive as more restaurants need to participate):

Eateries

http://www.glutenfreerestaurants.org/

http://www.triumphdining.com/ ($)

Pizza Places:

http://www.glutenfreeceliacweb.com/restaur...e-to-pizzerias/

As for moi, I say I'm 99% gluten free because I do eat out (i.e. french fries) and I do eat possible ingredients that MIGHT have been contaminated (i.e. oats, vanilla extract, etc). That's the risk a sensitive person takes when eating out...cross-contimination. So when you do eat out, and you want to be certain that no one mixes utensils or uses the same frying oil to make your food, ask the Servers or the Chefs questions. I do so when it comes to gravies, soups (love it when places don't put Flour or Dairy products in soups), and drill them on whether they coat their fries (w/ rice or wheat flour), etc. If you want, you can even hand them one of these cards:

http://www.triumphdining.com/diningcards.aspx ($)

http://www.selectwisely.com/select_wisely/ ($)

http://www.kintera.org/site/pp.asp?c=ewK0LjP7E&b=1040967

Thanks guys..

Man, that is alot :shifty:

Well, I avoid, basically everything on the bad/gluten list anyway..

I say forget going to restauraunts for now...I have worked in a few, and I just dont think most workers at restaraunts are very careful, when it comes to stuff like this..

Plus, I have become so tedious with my food and paranoid..that I would not be able to enjoy restauraunt food as much any more, knowing everything that I know now, about seeminly innocent foods...

But lipgloss..man, this is wild..must go buy new lipgloss now.

As for moi, I say I'm 99% gluten free because I do eat out (i.e. french fries) and I do eat possible ingredients that MIGHT have been contaminated (i.e. oats, vanilla extract, etc). That's the risk a sensitive person takes when eating out...cross-contimination.

First...THANKS for the info/links. Very helpful. :-)

I avoid everything (except nuts, etc. that are packaged in a non-dedicated facility). I have to:

From original post: A couple of weeks ago, I ate a piece of Godiva chocolate with gluten as a "natural flavor": after fully digesting this piece (after not having had gluten for about 2 weeks), I experienced electric shock-like feelings in my stomach, the beginnings of a major asthma attack, and a massive headache with electric-shock like feelings also. I have never experienced that in my life. If you are gluten-sensitive AND you accidentally eat gluten after not having had it, your body reacts very strongly. My personal experience is an example but there is also info about this issue online. Oh, and I havent had an asthma or other attack since.

Another thing, since you are eating french fries, etc., you might be closer to a low-gluten diet, rather than a 99% gluten-free diet. And you might not have much of a sensitivity OR you eat enough foods with gluten that your body hasnt experienced being truly gluten free yet. And therefore doesnt have an intensely bad reaction to gluten.

Just some of my cents,

J-Dog

Thanks guys..

Man, that is alot :shifty:

Well, I avoid, basically everything on the bad/gluten list anyway..

I say forget going to restauraunts for now...I have worked in a few, and I just dont think most workers at restaraunts are very careful, when it comes to stuff like this..

Plus, I have become so tedious with my food and paranoid..that I would not be able to enjoy restauraunt food as much any more, knowing everything that I know now, about seeminly innocent foods...

But lipgloss..man, this is wild..must go buy new lipgloss now.

Yes, lipgloss. I don't buy any that contains ingredients that I'm avoiding because I do react to it. So, I avoid lots of lipglosses w/ Almond oil unfortunately. I don't break out much (1 or 2), but the type and place the acne appears from ingesting almonds is a PITA!

Since I don't have DH from gluten...though again...that's another inflammatory skin disorder, I am able to bath in products that have Wheat Germ. Interestingly, there are studies implicating Wheat in the development of Heart Disease, yet Wheat Germ in studies doesn't have the same effect...so perhaps its because it has less of problematic protein...not that I would ever eat it ;-)

This site gives you the best list I can think of. Bearing in mind, if you want something and the label doesn't specificy gluten free, and you can't get a confirmation from Internet Sources, you can always contact the manufacturer and hope they are caring enough to respond:

http://www.csaceliacs.org/gluten_grains.php

As for moi, I say I'm 99% gluten free because I do eat out (i.e. french fries) and I do eat possible ingredients that MIGHT have been contaminated (i.e. oats, vanilla extract, etc). That's the risk a sensitive person takes when eating out...cross-contimination.

First...THANKS for the info/links. Very helpful. :-)

I avoid everything (except nuts, etc. that are packaged in a non-dedicated facility). I have to:

From original post: A couple of weeks ago, I ate a piece of Godiva chocolate with gluten as a "natural flavor": after fully digesting this piece (after not having had gluten for about 2 weeks), I experienced electric shock-like feelings in my stomach, the beginnings of a major asthma attack, and a massive headache with electric-shock like feelings also. I have never experienced that in my life. If you are gluten-sensitive AND you accidentally eat gluten after not having had it, your body reacts very strongly. My personal experience is an example but there is also info about this issue online. Oh, and I havent had an asthma or other attack since.

Another thing, since you are eating french fries, etc., you might be closer to a low-gluten diet, rather than a 99% gluten-free diet. And you might not have much of a sensitivity OR you eat enough foods with gluten that your body hasnt experienced being truly gluten free yet. And therefore doesnt have an intensely bad reaction to gluten.

Just some of my cents,

J-Dog

Honestly, I don't know if I'm Gluten Sensitive or not. I got tested for Celiac Disease, which is not the same thing as being gluten sensitive, and the results were negative, but we know that doesn't mean anything.

When I went Gluten Free I also went trans Fat free so I did avoid french fries for....at least one year. Then I started asking questions when I would order foods, but of course...chances are it's being cooked in the same oil. When I consume fries, the only thing that happens if it's cooked in Trans Fats (not in other oils that are safe for me) is that my pores dilate and unwanted hair increases slightly and the pores take about 2 weeks to shrink back down again.

When I say I don't know if I'm gluten sensitive what I mean is that...Evertyhing I listed that I avoid I do so because I KNOW (except cottonseed and articial sweeteners that's a preference) through Trial and Error. Avoidance of Gluten Foods, for me was a low-carb method and that alone, cleared me 95% (was still eating other ingredients like dairy, sugar, nuts, etc). Yet, such a dramatic improvement was also because I was avoiding the Dairy, Trans Fats, and ADDED sugars that were in most Gluten-containing foods (cakes, cookies, breads, pizza, etc).

I've never really intentionally eaten Gluten, other than when I had to for various food science courses (ate as minimal as possible to do the experiment). Yes, I did breakout a wee bit, but those foods also had dairy and added sugars. The only other time I know I'm consuming tiny amounts of gluten is on those rare occassions that I want Church's Chicken....I peel off the skin. No, I haven't observed what happens to my skin.

That being said, there's enough evidence through books, journal articles, online, celiacs, type I Diabetics, those w/thyroid problems, other acne sufferers, etc to make me think that it probably is an issue for me. So that's why I knowingly avoid it, at least 99% (minute amounts may be in certain ingredients). PLUS...avoidance does wonders for menstrual cramp pain!

However, I agree w/ you. Once you avoid a food item and bring it back in....your body may react to it strongly...perhaps stronger than it ever did (I've definately noticed this) because the immune system has had a chance to rest and is now even more "primed for action". If you ever go through the Correction Process (liver cleansings etc.) you may find that your body doesn't react strongly or at all to these foods (which is the aim for a good percentage of members on the board).

As for my possible 1% consumption for convenience...who knows. If it truly is a problem, than yes it should be avoided 100%, but that won't make people happy. It's hard enough convincing people to even try the diet and get them to knowingly avoid ingredients that have it....that having them avoid possible ingredients with even tinier microscopic amounts, when they first start out, may make them think it's impossible. Yet, if they get tested and know they need to avoid gluten, then right off the bat they should do everything as best as possible so they can heal quickly. For those that are sensitive, if gluten is causing constant, but minute damage to your intestinal lining or to your blood vessels (atherosclerosis - damage increases LDL cholesterol build up) than yes, we should all work for complete avoidance.

The only thing I can say is that I did notice how my skin was when consuming Oats. I avoided oats for a few years in the beginning of my diet but the past 2 years I've been consuming it. What I noticed is that I started breaking out in a new area. This persisted for over a year. Nothing extremely stubborn or painful, just like 2 tiny spots but fairly consistent. Finally a few months ago I stopped eating Rolled Oats (Albertson's or Quacker Oats) and those breakouts stopped. I always suspected it may be due to oats, but never bothered to test out. So last month, I bought some Organic Oats and used them in a GF pancakes and sure enough I broke out in the same area, and now I'm not eating oats and those breakouts don't exist...so my next test will be to try Certified Gluten-Free Oats. We shall see what happens...

http://www.glutenfreeoats.com/

http://www.allergygrocery.com/Merchant2/me...oduct_Code=1333

Complete avoidance, including checking my food sources, is something that I will be doing in the future. One of my goals is to provide for those that may not think it's so easy to do and the way I intend to market it means I must follow all rules. :cool:

Take care

P.S. When I first started my diet almost 6 years ago, it was the lesser of the two options that members of former acne holistic board were doing: "Evil" Lectin Free Diet or Gluten Free Diet. There were over 30 participants, myself included, and all ended up 95% - 100% acne free.

I might be allergic, but I love my wheat products so much! Right now I've been going off milk and I love dairy too. I wish I could figure out if I was allergic to gluten by myself, I don't think any naturopaths live near by. Maybe I'll become one. If I new for sure I was allergic then I would go off gluten.

I might be allergic, but I love my wheat products so much! Right now I've been going off milk and I love dairy too. I wish I could figure out if I was allergic to gluten by myself, I don't think any naturopaths live near by. Maybe I'll become one. If I new for sure I was allergic then I would go off gluten.

Psst...Practically anything you want you can get gluten free (and dairy-free/vegan) and it may even taste better than the "real" thing!

Psst...Practically anything you want you can get gluten free (and dairy-free/vegan) and it may even taste better than the "real" thing!

Or it may taste worse, and be more expensive. But like I said, if I do find out I'm allergic I'll manage without it. But I don't know and I don't want to go without gluten for 4-6 months to find out I'm not allergic.

Thats the only thing that bothers me about being gluten sensative /allergic,..is the cost of the gluten free foods or what not...

I would love to eat some special gluten free pancakes, or some gluten free other foods..lol.

but I will stick to my blended fruit free green smoothies, and ,white lean meats..

My pores never looked better on this diet, my face is smooth/clear...and now I need to combat those 3 scars.

And I am in fitness and nutrition training as is...I am too thinking of becomming a natropath...so much wealth of information plus, I think we need more natropaths anyway.