Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sawsayr

Does your skin become "addicted" to the regiment?

Does your skin become "addicted" to the regiment? Like how ProActive does to your skin? Does it make your skin even worse than when you started if you stop using it?

In a way, yes.

Your skin wont necessarily become 'addicted' rather accustomed to the regimen. The constant application of foreign substances and chemicals to your skin will usually result in your body changing the oils produced on your skin and the nutrients and minerals absorbed by your skin. Hence a sudden 'stop' of the regimen will result in DIFFERENT circumstances to before you started but not necessarily 'worse' than before.

Good explanation, PJW! I've found that my skin doesn't so much get addicted, but since the regimen is the only thing that works, if I skip a couple of days, I do break-out. I don't think that's addiction so much as not doing proper maintence.

The regimen is pretty good at keeping my &%$%!# @(*&!* at bay. Im trying to cut back has much bp as I can. My goal is trying to use only suncreen in the mourning and only dan AHA at night..

Im basically tired of bp, it TAKES TIME (30 min in front of the mirror ),

DEDICATION ( doing the same thing day after day )

HARDWORKMANSHIP ( to wash those darn pillow case )..

But I think I know what can cure my acne completly. YOGA & TAI CHI.... its a good stress reliever.... But im too broke to sign up for class time. So for now Im depending on the regimen that had cleared me up for 9 months.

The regimen is pretty good at keeping my &%$%!# @(*&!* at bay. Im trying to cut back has much bp as I can. My goal is trying to use only suncreen in the mourning and only dan AHA at night..

Im basically tired of bp, it TAKES TIME (30 min in front of the mirror ),

DEDICATION ( doing the same thing day after day )

HARDWORKMANSHIP ( to wash those darn pillow case )..

But I think I know what can cure my acne completly. YOGA & TAI CHI.... its a good stress reliever.... But im too broke to sign up for class time. So for now Im depending on the regimen that had cleared me up for 9 months.

haha I hate it when I have to wait 30mins too

But I do it like this...

wash face -> apply sunscreen on the part that doesnt need BP -> apply BP -> then go away n cook breakfast ->finish breakfast n it usually takes more than 30mins = apply sunscreen on the BP part!!!

haha