Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Do you guys have a problem with breaking out after shaving? Also, would you grow a beard over an occassionally really bad breakout?

I have this really painful one on my neck right now and shaving seems to be a very painful thought for me.

yeh, it bloddy annoying

what i do is shave with an electric, and try and not rub it too much against the skin, just gently rub it over, not really caring if it isn't hte most closest shave. I'd rather have bits of stubble than big red zits biggrin.gif

never grown a beard, but a millimeter or two of stubble can help hide the reddness of some spots.

yeah, I'm not a great beard grower, but I have massive stubble right now. My neck has been killing me.

yah same here cuz im just too damn lazy to shave 2-3 times a week. i envy those bastards who have baby faces and never have to worry about zits/shaving

yeah facial hair is your enemy...whenever I grow out a full beard I've had problems with acne. I think some of it is related to the itching but acne seems to grow alot faster under a beard. I have pretty sensitive skin on my neck, I always moisturized after I shave and that really helps because I used to break out really bad on my neck after I shaved.

that actually makes sense, but I am waiting for this more painful breakout to go away and then I'll shave. I'm sure my boss will tell me sooner than later that I am looking rather rough.

Well basically what direction do u shave in?

Always with the grain is the way to go and lightly,never over lean on the razor.

Use a Gilette Sensor Excel blade.

The beard needs to be prepared for shaving,so wash ur entire face prior to it,paying special attention to the bearded area,massaging it well.Then risne with lukewarm water and apply your shave cream/gel.

I personally recommend Zirh Shave Cream(The Tub Form) ,it lasts for ages and is great for heavy beards and doesnt give you any irritation etc.

Then when finished shaving,rinse the entire face with cool running water to tone the skin.You will look and feel very refreshed after this.

Now onto putting back the lost moisture on the skin.

Alot of people use a moisturiser,but some prefer not to.If you can use a moisturiser that works for you,without the shine or greasy look then do so.

Personally I used Phytomer Cool Marine Aftershave lotion for along time after shaving and it was great at healing little nicks etc and reducing redness,toning the skin.

Its alcohol free and is fine to use on any skin type.

So what you could do is :-

1)Wash,apply Cream,shave,apply moisturiser

Or

2)Wash,apply cream,shave,apply phytomer.

The second option looks better I think cause the face doesnt look oily after a period of time and the phytomer remains Matt cause its more or less a lotion,smells nice too and in no way irritates the skin.

These are my successful methods of shaving anyway with no irritation.

Good Luck.