Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello,

Im just trying to figure out whether I can use the regime products while I am on roaccutane? Im a bit scared as my skin is obviously really sensitive and dry on it already (Im only 6days in and having a hard time!!!)

Also can someone talk me through exactly what Im supposed to use and how? There's all this AHA, jojoba oil... etc etc... Im a bit lost if Im honest!

Ive tried the SHER skin care system and it seems similar well kind of! Im not sure where to start!!!

Please help!

Please don't do the regimen on accutane.

Since your skin is already dry, the regimen will only make it dryer.

Let the drug do it's magic first.

While on Accutane what you need to use is a gentle cleanser and during the day an oil free moisturizer and at night a thicker moisturizer. I use Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser 2 times a day and when I wash my face it is with luke warm water and I gently massage the cleanser on my face for no longer than 15 seconds, then rinse off. During the day I use Oil of Olay with 15% SPF, and at night I have been using Aveeno Ultra Calming Moisturizer, which has calmed the redness down a whole lot. While on accutane you just need to be very kind to your skin, do not pick at it or you will end up with an open wound that takes forever to heal. Drink lots of water, and moisturize your body on a daily basis. On this board I read that people do not put lotion on their entire body and then a few weeks into their course they complain that they are dry. Duh accutane dries your whole body out! So here are some things you need while on your course...

-Gentle Cleanser

-Moisturizer with SPF for the day

-Thicker Moustirizer for the evening

-Aquaphor for your lips and extra dry spots (this works really good on dry spots just use it over night and in the morning no more dry spots)

-Vitamin E pills (for hair, nails and skin)

-Milk Thistle pills (for liver health)

-Head and Shoulders Shampoo and Conditioner

-A really good body lotion (Eucerin is greasy stay away from it!)

-Lots and lots of water!

-Vaseline to put up your nose at night so you do not get nose bleeds. I am a week or so into my 3rd month and have not had a nose bleed. I believe it is because I drink lots of water and put good old vaseline up my nose at night. When I do not I wake up with a really really dry nose inside area.

You could use the Acne.org cleanser, moisturizer, or jojoba oil, but probably not the BP or AHA+ while on Accutane. You would not be doing the regimen, that's for sure!

You could use the Acne.org cleanser, moisturizer, or jojoba oil, but probably not the BP or AHA+ while on Accutane. You would not be doing the regimen, that's for sure!

I was going to say the same- you can do the cleanser and the moisturizer but do not use the BP or AHA.

Thanks guys, appreciate it. Its good to know I can have milk thistle. I wasn't sure and Im a bit of a supplements geek!!! And vitamin E too good good!!! Hehehe!

I currently am using asso gold bar, it hasn't worked any wonders on my skin but it is one of the only cleansers I have found that hasn't made my skin heavy and greasy halfway through the day it made my skin feel like it can breathe.

I then use 100% aloe vera gel (organic) which again doesn't make my skin heavy half way through the day. Obviously its soothing as they use it on burns etc so figure its good for any redness and soothes my skin. Not sure this is going to be up to the job once I start getting a lot drier but it seems ok for now.

On an evening I use asso then emu oil... Im a bit of a one for natural products as Iv pretty much put my skin through everything over the years.

These things havent worked to clear my acne but I know the drug will do that if I can only cope with it for the 6months minimum... Im going to use some of your tips, thank you very much!!! I will incorporate them into what Im doing now as it isn't aggrevating my skin while it is so sensitive. Thats my biggest worry.

Iv got shares in every lip balm going and palmers cocoa butter. Fortunately the latter was just on special so I probably have enough to last me the 6months hahahaha!

why not aha thats for clearing the existing acne so that will help??? :think:

That would be okay for the usual acne sufferer.

This member is on accutane, which makes the skin sensitive and dry. Adding AHA would completely destroy it further.