Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
welcometothedarkside

severe chest and bacne before and after accutane show me some love

These are pictures of my chest and back acne before my first course of accutane which was completely cleared up after the course was done.

If you are able to maximize the pictures, you can see how bad it was.

Just showing how accutane has changed me.

the new picture is only red marks and scars

there is only one or two active pimples but nothing to complain about

it has been fading away for the past year so im happy with it

enjoy

post-77785-1215026895_thumb.jpg

post-77785-1215026923_thumb.jpg

post-77785-1215193366_thumb.jpg

post-77785-1215026895_thumb.jpg

post-77785-1215026923_thumb.jpg

post-77785-1215193366_thumb.jpg

These are pictures of my chest and back acne before my first course of accutane which was completely cleared up after the course was done.

If you are able to maximize the pictures, you can see how bad it was.

Just showing how accutane changed me.

Are you telling me that all that cleared up with Accutane? Even the reds spots and everything? Do you have any after pics that you would be willing to share?

Thanks

Wow, that's awesome. Can you explain a little more on how long you had the acne for and how long before you saw those results?

Thanks

Wow, that's awesome. Can you explain a little more on how long you had the acne for and how long before you saw those results?

Thanks

Sure. I started getting acne in the six grade which was around 10 years old. It started getting severe around the summer going into grade 9. I started getting it on my arms, back, chest, legs, neck, and face. I tried many things to get rid of it such as erythromycin, minocin, panoxyl, BP, clindosal, differin, clindoxyl, and others. I started accutane january of 07 which was during my grade 10 year, and stayed on it for 4 months. I took 80 mg a day, and by the end of the four months, i reached the maximum amount of accutane i was allowed to take at 150 pounds, so it was a fairly intense treatment. As for how long before i saw the results, my acne was so severe it was really hard to tell until the treatment was completely finished. I was able to tell that the cysts and large pimples had shrunk and my skin felt alot smoother, although it looked the same. By about 4 months later my acne returned and i went on minocin again, which didnt work, so i went on accutane again and had to stop it half way through due to a series of bad headaches. I am now using a panoxyl, clindamycin, and differin XP combination.

hope this helped

:dance: Congratulations man. Thats really cool that you are now clear of that hideous bacne. The before and after is dramatically different. Your chest looks a million times better. Well, enjoy your new body. The beach welcomes you.

:dance: Congratulations man. Thats really cool that you are now clear of that hideous bacne. The before and after is dramatically different. Your chest looks a million times better. Well, enjoy your new body. The beach welcomes you.

Thanks alot I appreciate that it really feels good to hear someone say that. I am looking forward to getting out to the beach, for the first time in quite a long while...

You do look amazing now, but you said the acne came back after Accutane, right? Did you ever try the panoxyl, clindamycin, and differin XP combination that you are on now before you took Accutane? Without those, was your acne better, worse, or the same as it was before you took the first course? Would you ever try taking it again?

You do look amazing now, but you said the acne came back after Accutane, right? Did you ever try the panoxyl, clindamycin, and differin XP combination that you are on now before you took Accutane? Without those, was your acne better, worse, or the same as it was before you took the first course? Would you ever try taking it again?

The acne on my face came back after my first course, not my back or chest. I have not used any medicines on my chest and back since accutane and i have no more then two active zits on both my chest and back. Yes, I did try this before accutane, not directly before. I tried erythromycin and minocin after that combination, before accutane. My acne has always seemed to get worse without accutane, particularly on my face and neck. If my acne comes back more severe, close to what it was before, I will have to consider accutane. Otherwise, I'm done with accutane because the side effects I was getting are simply unacceptable.

I hope this was of help

Well, that's helpful to know that it only came back on your face! For whatever reason, I feel more embarassed about the acne on my body than I do about my face. It seems like there are plenty of other people who have acne on their face, but no one else seems to have it on their body. Everyone else is always wearing revealing clothes or out swimming, and their skin on their body looks great. I think I could deal with my face better if my body were clear. Thanks again for sharing your experiences!

darkside, did you get an initial breakout on your chest, back? how long did the accutane take to work there?

darkside, did you get an initial breakout on your chest, back? how long did the accutane take to work there?

I didn't get an IB on my face, although my chest seemed to get a little worse. I was on accutane for four months on 80 mg a day ( the maximum i was supposed to consume ) as i was 145 pounds. Since it was so bad, I did not really notice too much difference until the end of the course, I noticed that the cysts were getting smaller and my skin just gradually began smoothing out, starting around the end of the second month. Although, at the end of the course, there were so many scars and red marks that it still looked very bad, but i knew it wasnt because my skin was so smooth. Now, alot of the red marks and scars have gone away so it looks alot better.

hope this helped

I didn't get an IB on my face, although my chest seemed to get a little worse. I was on accutane for four months on 80 mg a day ( the maximum i was supposed to consume ) as i was 145 pounds. Since it was so bad, I did not really notice too much difference until the end of the course, I noticed that the cysts were getting smaller and my skin just gradually began smoothing out, starting around the end of the second month. Although, at the end of the course, there were so many scars and red marks that it still looked very bad, but i knew it wasnt because my skin was so smooth. Now, alot of the red marks and scars have gone away so it looks alot better.

hope this helped

How long did it take for the red marks and scars to go away and did you use anything to speed up the process??

hope this helped

How long did it take for the red marks and scars to go away and did you use anything to speed up the process??

It took about a year. Since then I've taken 1.5 courses of accutane and it has went away on its own over time, I didn't use anything to speed up the process.

Accutane works great! My face cleared up, and my back as well.....but i have some nasty scars on my back from a few years ago that look pretty bad. I was thinking of Laser treatments to remove them...

( I am off the Accutane and its starting to come back again.....**sigh**)

Well, that's helpful to know that it only came back on your face! For whatever reason, I feel more embarassed about the acne on my body than I do about my face. It seems like there are plenty of other people who have acne on their face, but no one else seems to have it on their body. Everyone else is always wearing revealing clothes or out swimming, and their skin on their body looks great. I think I could deal with my face better if my body were clear. Thanks again for sharing your experiences!

yeah i so totally know what you mean

its like ok, zits on my face- im a teen, it happens

but because of my body acne every little thing, including my face, seems worse

yeah i so totally know what you mean

its like ok, zits on my face- im a teen, it happens

but because of my body acne every little thing, including my face, seems worse

i know what you mean. it's like if you had no acne on your body, everything would seem alot better, and it does, now that i only have acne on my face.

Accutane works great! My face cleared up, and my back as well.....but i have some nasty scars on my back from a few years ago that look pretty bad. I was thinking of Laser treatments to remove them...

( I am off the Accutane and its starting to come back again.....**sigh**)

Yeah, that might be a good idea. Have you tried other smoothing products like neostrata smoothing cream or an exfoliant?

let me know

Was searching around about back and chest scars after accutane treatment and this showed up.

I'm sick and tired of seeing these scars/marks on my chest and back caused by accutane. I took accutane for a period of about 8 months. The treatment stopped about over a year ago, a lot of the marks have faded, it was extremely bad. But I still have a decent amount of scars and marks on my chest and back, some are raised bumps that look like acne. I've been applying Maderma 3 times a day to them to see if this will reduce the appearance but I really doubt it's going to do much. There has to be another way to get rid of them if anyone could help? It just sucks, going through that agonizing time with accutane only to have possibly permanent marks/scars that look like acne?