Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ariellestar1234

ARE PEOPLE WITHOUT ACNE,JUST INTERNALLY BUILT BETTER?

I know this might sound a little offensive to some..

However, after reading alot of people's stories on here, and around the net, and knowing some other people with acneic skin...

I tend to think that we are...WEAKLY BUILT INTERNALLY, ....I mean our immune systems/livers/kidneys/lungs..

why are they not as strong as our counterparts, without acne?

What, did our creators , say...okay, so heres blue eyes, auburn hair, pretty dimples...oh, and I will add in a screwy digestive tract, just to make things nice ;) ..

Or celiac disease, or some IBS, ext...you get the point..like we are supposed to live in a bubble...and if WE dont take special, special, special care of our very weakly and timid organs, then we get

PUNISHED :( ......with acne leisions on our face...

And I know, you all are gonna say, well atleast we are taking care of it now, and not have to suffer at 50...however, I dont know... I have seen some crappy eaters who are above 50 ,eat crappy and are still alive and shakin....with no health problems , well that is noticeable anyway...

I hate having to spend sooo much time trying to avoid this food, or that...because I might upset my very timid, and weaker internal organs.....and all the time.....not just every once in a while, not just take it light, but all the freakin time....

how could one not feel like we are some how, differnrtly made...and not in a good way.

Plus, with family and freinds, they are starting to think I am weird...I have missed( 6 )summer events alone this yr, trying to avoid darkening my scars from the sun...my acne is clear, but the scars remain..I had to drop out of a wedding...ya know...

My bf, I think is getting annoyed with my "special foods", meaning no butter or cheese..no bread, no slice of pizza....my whole life has changed from the acne...and family and friends, are looking at me and I assume, thinking maybe I have some serious infection like aids, or cancer...I am not being offensive...but we do have to take alot of care for our very weak, and timid immune system../organs

And it involves, whole lifestyle changes, not just food.

Whilst my bf/my friends /family tend to have SUPER IMMUNE SYSTEMS...to the point of them being able to chug down 12 beers in 1 night, eat pizzas, I mean you guys know bad stuff..or even just eat regular good foods, like grain cereals, or fruit cocktails, or baked potaoes...ext..

They dont know how good they have it, and I find myself lookingh at them with envy now..

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK ABOUT THIS?

yeah it sucks for me too cant even enjoy ice cream or cake without feeling guilty the next day i try not to eat food that are bad for my skin but its just sooo hard i love desserts and breads and i do drink at least once a week and i know its bad..........but people that eat healthy tend to look and have a better skin when you are ollder.....i hate how other people can just eat anything and still have super clear skin....but what i envy the most its how i see my friends with no make up and still look good and me i cant be with no mke up at anytime outside... :( it sucks !!

I totally get what you mean! It's like, why does she/he get to eat chocolate cake, burger king, and other junky stuff we only dream about eating?

I remember this one girl I had class with. Oh my gosh she had like the perfect best skin ever, color and not blemished. And she ate a ton of junk and was on some drugs. It's like, where's the justice?!

No, not necessarily, especially not in the areas you listed.

I know my immune system is very strong. I am never sick. Whenever other people have the flu, I might, might, have a mildly run, down feeling for maybe a day. And I don't know that I've ever had a cold. I have no reason to believe there's anything wrong with my liver, kidneys or lungs either. Especially now that I don't give my liver so much sugar to process.

And your body has to balance a lot of processes. If it's not given the ideal conditions--nutrition, sleep, stress, exercise, etc -- something has to give and it will show up somewhere. We are predisposed to getting acne. Other people get something else.

I know my immune system is very strong. I am never sick. Whenever other people have the flu, I might, might, have a mildly run, down feeling for maybe a day. And I don't know that I've ever had a cold. I have no reason to believe there's anything wrong with my liver, kidneys or lungs either. Especially now that I don't give my liver so much sugar to process.

And your body has to balance a lot of processes. If it's not given the ideal conditions--nutrition, sleep, stress, exercise, etc -- something has to give and it will show up somewhere. We are predisposed to getting acne. Other people get something else.

I hear that

I cant remember the last time that I was sick yet I still have acne

shit sucks especially cause I eat good

Okay, so you are basically saying that acne was just supposed to happen?

Like its in our "genes", or what ever...

well I know all of my family have/had perfect skin, my mom, her mom, her mom..

My dad,his dad ,his dad..

I understand...what you might say, like kid..it happens..

But the reason I beg to differ is, if we did not have some weak link internally then, why DOES CHANGING THE WAY WE EAT, clears up our skin ,for the most part?

becasuse, we have an out of wack internal system of organs, that are not disposing wastes/toxins through our livers,or bowels or what not..instead it is going out through our skin..and showing in the form of acne..

I mean, we are not some aliens, that are made that different....or are we? :think:

most people who eat icecream, milk pastas..ext when they need to dispose of it...they take a bm, and it goes down the toilet...for the most part, the foods they eat , goes where it is supposed to..

However, we eat it ,and it goes through our pores, in the form of acne...or ibs,or some other crappage...

like our pores are our toilets..or some stuff..

And what about the people who eat crappage all or most of their lives ,then dont have illnesses, or whatnot ..or have some other debilitating ailment when their like 70?

I call them super humans!

I have seen the most un-acne prone skins turn into outright disasters because of stress. I have seen the most seemingly invincible supermodel skin turn into cyst heaven in a matter of weeks. My opinion is that acne proneness is simply a state of health that can be triggered in ANYONE.

I have seen the most un-acne prone skins turn into outright disasters because of stress. I have seen the most seemingly invincible supermodel skin turn into cyst heaven in a matter of weeks. My opinion is that acne proneness is simply a state of health that can be triggered in ANYONE.

So are you saying that we can clear our skin ,/or reverse the predisposition gene of acne.. some how if we de- stress?

I kind of believe this, and I know that ACNE CAN BE TRIGGERED BY STRESS..

However , I still belive that there is some weird out of wack thing that keeps that keeps bacteria in our skin, no matter what we do.

And I dont condemn eating well..I so do it every day...it just gets very tedious and annoying at times, to not to be able to slip up once...like my mind is in a constant state of paranoia....like most foods are our enemy...but damn, why does it look so good :rolleyes: ...

I also, want to say that maybe this is also comming from this barbecue that is comming up with my family on the 4th of july..every one is calling me, saying are you comming to it..

were going to have X food, and have x dessert..

and I am so tired of saying to them, no I cant have that corn, smuthered in butter, or oh yes the tropical punch sounds just wonderful, however I will be drinking water.

I am thinking of not going.....why

Because you get there , you smell the food...and your temptation will really be tested..

then you go get some baked chicken, that cousin mike makes, and after eating it, finds out he put some kinda"allergen", sauce over it...and your like, okay I will pay for this in 2 days.

Damn super humans...lol..

I know it pisses me off to see almost everyone around me, eat how they want, sleep when they want, smoke, do drugs and live their life how they want, and still have super smooth, clear skin. Why is that? Man, life is not fair.

No, they are not superhumans at all! Everyone has some form of ailment, whether they're aware of it or not. I have a friend who has the most blemish free skin in the world and she eats CRAP!!! everyday, and guess what? She has cellulite! Now, thats just her body's way of dealing with junk. You also never know, just because something is not showing up on the skin, doesn't mean there is not cancer developing underneath?! Do you know how many people have all kinds of cancers all the time? Breast, prostate, colon ...etc. I'd rather have acne than cancer! I also think that since everyone has P.Acne on their skin, I dont think P.Acne and Sebum play that big of a role in acne. Maybe people with acne picked up a parasite that is living inside and messing something up? Maybe we are actually healthier in a way that we are so sensitive to our environment (this is a very good survival technique). It's good to sense toxins and REACT to them. I think acne teaches all of us discipline and taking care of our bodies, so while the superhumans do what they want, they will have to pay later, and if we take care of our so-called weak body now, we shall reap the rewards later. I always ask everyone over 100+ years old what is their secret? ALL of them answer: optimism, and anyone can get that! :)

While I am not 100% clear, I'm happy to report that I don't get colds anymore on my diet. Really few people will voluntarily stick to a restricted diet unless they faced the emotional, physical, and social consequences that acne brings. There are millions of people unaware of their allergies and intolerances, because they take prescription drugs or have a pain-related illness that doesn't give them the social consequences to really change their entire lifestyle.

It's hard with all the social events, fast food commercials, office snacks, convenient stores, and family gatherings to avoid the temptations. So acne is a perfect storm of turning people towards a healthy lifestyle in their 20s and 30s (that's when people tend to get sick of the scars and stigma); other people seem to do this in their 60s when they face terminal diseases. An elimination diet should be the first road sought, but it is usually a last resort.

As for friends, it is frustrating to watch them eat processed foods, but I can't say that these people are visions of health. Consumption of fast foods can lead to body odor, styes, halitosis, dull hair, cavities, and that's just the more noticeable stuff. I'm sure that your friends keep their more serious ailments a secret. Eating is not something that anyone can do with abandon, because tooth decay and gum disease affect everyone. We judge people by their smiles as much as their skin.

Most people are more likely to believe what they see than feel, so in that case acne confirms an imbalance in the body. Too bad the doctors don't know what the hell to do when they see it!

I totally get what you mean! It's like, why does she/he get to eat chocolate cake, burger king, and other junky stuff we only dream about eating?

I remember this one girl I had class with. Oh my gosh she had like the perfect best skin ever, color and not blemished. And she ate a ton of junk and was on some drugs. It's like, where's the justice?!

yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I saw some people that smokes and eat alot of junk food, yet their skin is MUCH better than mine

y!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wall: :wall: :pray:

No, they are not superhumans at all! Everyone has some form of ailment, whether they're aware of it or not. I have a friend who has the most blemish free skin in the world and she eats CRAP!!! everyday, and guess what? She has cellulite! Now, thats just her body's way of dealing with junk. You also never know, just because something is not showing up on the skin, doesn't mean there is not cancer developing underneath?! Do you know how many people have all kinds of cancers all the time? Breast, prostate, colon ...etc. I'd rather have acne than cancer! I also think that since everyone has P.Acne on their skin, I dont think P.Acne and Sebum play that big of a role in acne. Maybe people with acne picked up a parasite that is living inside and messing something up? Maybe we are actually healthier in a way that we are so sensitive to our environment (this is a very good survival technique). It's good to sense toxins and REACT to them. I think acne teaches all of us discipline and taking care of our bodies, so while the superhumans do what they want, they will have to pay later, and if we take care of our so-called weak body now, we shall reap the rewards later. I always ask everyone over 100+ years old what is their secret? ALL of them answer: optimism, and anyone can get that! :)

omg I love how you explain it!!! :wub:

So are you guys saying people without acne have crappy immune systems? :eh: ..

I dont think this is the case...because If so, alot of them would get sick more often as well..

and I know alot of people who eat not so good, and dont get sick alot , and dont have acne...

To me its a matter, of how their internal organs are wired, and ours being a little more timid..

theirs , just a ,little better/stronger...

Also, I am by no means saying, that since we have acne, our immune systems are really, really bad...and I dont get colds either, or whatnot..

But waht I am saying is we have to TAKE SPECIAL CARE ALL THE TIME ,TO PROTECT OUR ORGANS,..UNLESS, we get inflamation of the skin like acne..

or IBS/or digestive problems ext.,..

Now you guys can not sit up here and lie and say, that if you did not have acne...you would be all of a sudden soooo concerned with your health as much as now,or with the foods you eat.

It kills, me how most of you are saying, this about you are happy to have it shown on your skin now, that makes you take care of your self more, so you wont have problems later in life..

How do you know you wont?

I'm just keeping it real...This gets tedious...however, I will continue to eat well, to protect my very weak, and timid internal organs.

I think people without acne are just clear because they toxin aren't attacking them in the area that affects their skin. Genetics. Gotta love em

So nah. there is no little evil man in the sky tryin to make your life suck.

Guest kiwikali

hmm never thought about that

i have a lot of gastrointestinal problems, food allergies, and just a terrible immune system. even if i get the flu shot, somehow, the rare strain that the shot didn't cover, I GET IT. ugh. every year. and i'm getting sick all the time with all sorts of viruses.

and i get migraines and have had to be treated for irregular heartbeat in the past AND anorexia, BDD, depression, OCD, ADD, the list goes onnn and on!

:(

maybe it's a coincidence...? :ninja:

I think about this ALL the time! I ask myself this question EVERYDAY. Why are our bodies so much different than the average person who never gets acne? Why did my brother's 2 years of acne just suddenly vanish one freakin day and become totally completely 100% clear no matter what he eats or does? How and why? I remember he was around 21 when it all disappeared, before that my dad would pop his big cysts in the bathroom and I'd watch and think...I'll never get those (I was like 6 or 7) He eats like shit, fast food at least twice a week and does absolutely nothing for his skin, he smokes and used to do drugs although still sometimes does and yet he is 1000% clear. It is so discouraging! I often wonder where the problem lies, which organs are being affected, what vitamin I might be deficient in, is it really the food??? Maybe it has nothing to do with food, maybe it has everything to do with food, or maybe just a certain ingredient you get too much of but don't realize it. What does my body want? I wish it could talk!

My friends have GREAT skin! My closest childhood best friend has the most amazing, flawless, crystal clear skin the entire world and she neverrrr gets breakouts, in fact she's probably never experienced a pimple! I look at her skin and I think damn...I want that soo much. She drinks sodas like everyday, eats normally (pastas, white bread, hot dogs, pizza, noodle soups...anything!!) plus she has the perfect body! I'm like what next. She has no idea...no idea how fortunate she is, yet her life is sometimes miserable. I never can understand how someone so beautiful with gorgeous perfect skin can be miserable, ever!

Food is the worst. It's so hard to pass up food in public..people get annoyed with me when I say I can't have this or that. I can't enjoy a day out, have to pass up BBQ's, can't attend special events where all you're offered is corn dogs and ice cream. It is just so frustrating. I do agree that it's something screwy with our internal organs, weak..unable to carry the load..whatever. Weak immune system, don't know because like most people have commented, I never get sick! People often ask me, why don't you ever get sick? You're like never sick! So my body must be doing something right. I just wish there were some kind of online software program that you hook yourself up to and it tells you what's wrong with you lol, I dream these types of things all the time. What if there were some kind of magic wand out there that can cure this, or a magic mirror that lets you see yourself clear. I am so weird, but I'm a dreamer!

I tend to think it's the reverse. It's modern day living that's causing people so many problems, acne is only one of them. Just because someone doesn't have acne doesn't mean they're some how healthier or stronger than someone who does.

I have an Aunt who's skin has always been great, but she's now wheelchair bound because of a major stroke, can't speak but a few words, she also has high blood pressure and diabetes (these were the early warning signs before the strokes). She ate a lot of crap and it finally caught up with her. You also have to remember that everybody doesn't have acne for the same reasons. That's why someone can say "hey, I cleared up my acne by avoiding sodas", while that does nothing for others.

How many people do you think would smoke cigarettes if their outer skin ended up looking like their lungs (you know, all black and nasty from the smoke/tar)?

Okay, so you are basically saying that acne was just supposed to happen?

No, I said nothing even remotely like that.

I said that we are acne prone, yes because of our genes. Just like other people are cancer prone, diabetes prone, cardiovascular disease prone, prone to weight gain, etc, because of their genes.

I often wonder where the problem lies, which organs are being affected, what vitamin I might be deficient in, is it really the food???....

It all overlaps.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, hormone balance, SHBG levels, Insulin resistance, inflammation, cell function and turnover, sebum quality, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc, etc. And most of those overlap, along with environment and lifestyle habits like stress management, sleep and exercise.

To me its a matter, of how their internal organs are wired, and ours being a little more timid..

theirs , just a ,little better/stronger...

No, not better and stronger. They just get different symptoms of poor nutrition, lifestyle, etc.

Hi,

Thanks for being so honest. We have all thought this before, I'm sure. I know I have. I used to blame genetics all the time.

But with the help of my holistic naturopath, I have become wiser. I am not genetically challenged in general. I am physically incapable of digesting and processing gluten, the protein found in wheat, rye, barley, and some oats products. Gluten causes me a lot of problems, including acne.

Once I figured out I was gluten-sensitive and decided to eliminate gluten, my skin cleared up.

I hope you figure out the cause of your acne soon, whether it's gluten or something else.

~J-Dog