Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
southOCcali

will i get accutane?

I have a derm appointment in a few days cuz my face has recently begun to break out again, and my face is extremely oily. My acne is only mild/moderate, but i have tried just about every perscription and over the counter products with no success. So im just going to straight up tell the derm that i want accutane.

i tried that as well but for some reason, he told me that i was "not qualified". :wall:

maybe it'll work for you. try explaining your hopeless state and just hope. :pray: haha

smear oil all over your face, rub your face in dirt or something similar. anything for accutane.

I actually thought about doing that, lol. See as soon as I'd made an appointment to my doc I got clear skin the next two days. I was like "Shit! I have to ruin my face that way he doesn't say I'm clearing up!" Of course a week later my skin is back to the same old crap it always is.

I think you have a chance. I was in your situation last week, and was ready to ask for accutane, but then my derm brought it up all on her own. So now I am starting that process, aiming to start Accutane mid-august. Good luck!!

smear oil all over your face, rub your face in dirt or something similar. anything for accutane.

I actually thought about doing that, lol. See as soon as I'd made an appointment to my doc I got clear skin the next two days. I was like "Shit! I have to ruin my face that way he doesn't say I'm clearing up!" Of course a week later my skin is back to the same old crap it always is.

You know that's the problem that I have my skin gets clean for like a week (usually the same week I have an appointment) and then it gets really bad. I'm kind of frustrated I have had acne since I was 11 years old and now I'm turning 26 in a couple of weeks. I have been on topical medication, antibiotics. He told me that if that doesn't work he would try birth control pills. I never have mention accutane but I know that in the end it may come to that. What gets me upset is all the money and effort for nothing.

hah the same thing always happens to me. my skin clears up right before i go into the appointment so my doctor things im just being a whiny bitch and won't give me anything new or stronger. except last time i went in, i had paticularly bad skin, so he ended up giving me like 6 different things and now my skin is feeling so burned, i have to put on moisturizer like 3 times a day. :wall:

Ok i've been in the same situation! I was turned down twice and had to go back to my old dirm so now I drive about 200 miles one way so i can get accutain. The offical medical guidlines for accutaine are:

1:) sever cystic acne with scaring

2:) acne that doesn't respond to other treatments (which each take atleast 3 months....so weak!)

3:) acne that has a sever negative psychological effect on the patient.

(im paraphrasing that actual literature but you get the idea)

What I said when I got on Accutaine was that I was sick of shelling out 200$ a month for Tazaroc and Mincycline to have cronic acne that is 'not as bad'. I also talked about how I really get depressed when I look in the mirror and that I never want to leave my appartment because I don't want anyone to see me like this (all of which is true in my case anyway). That worked for me.

the problem is that stupid iPledge stuff. I takes alot of paperwork and even if you get the Rx you need a secret password and an Accutain ID card and all this other stuff make sure you let them know how your acne is affecting the 'quality of your life'. Im not a doctor or nurse, but it worked for me and I think thats your best shot. good luck!

I have an appointment next week and my skin is almost completly clean!! ahhhhhh except for my chest and back that look really awful. I'm going to try and talk to my doctor because the truth is that sometimes I won't go out because of my face. When I have really bad breakouts I usually stay home until my skin is better and I'm so frustrated!!! My husband is in Iraq and he is coming back in 4 months all I want is my skin to look good for that day :cry:

Do you think that he would changed my medication even if my face look good? because he gave me something for my chest and back but is not working

Do you think that he would changed my medication even if my face look good? because he gave me something for my chest and back but is not working