Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
amanda18

Results after Accutane?

Okay, so I just called my derm and he said that I was only put on accutane for 4 months and not 6 so I am pretty much one my prescription. BUT... I wish that I still had a couple more months to go because my skin has not fully cleared up and I am still getting cystic acne even after being on accutane for 4 months. :( So I was wondering if after I have finished this month my acne will continue to get better or not? Anyone have any experiences that they would care to share?

Accutane does continue to work and stays in your system for a while even after you stop taking it, yes. I experienced my skin continuing to get better for a month or so after i stopped. It went downhill from there, BUT that was because i was not using anything atol on my skin.

Accutane does continue to work and stays in your system for a while even after you stop taking it, yes. I experienced my skin continuing to get better for a month or so after i stopped. It went downhill from there, BUT that was because i was not using anything atol on my skin.

What do you mean not using anything at all on your skin? What should I be using on mine after I am done?

I wasn't using any type of medication, which i was used to doing because my dermatologist told me not to use any other medication then accutane, while on accutane. After realizing accutane doesn't work forever after stopping it I used Differin at night and clindasol in the morning, this was the combination my doctor gave me.

So I was wondering if after I have finished this month my acne will continue to get better or not? Anyone have any experiences that they would care to share?

Before I started Accutane my skin was bad and I, much like you, had my doubts whether it would work. Near month 4 I began to worry, "Am I apart of the 10% that Accutane doesn't work for."

I was getting really bad breakouts until the last 3 weeks. All of a sudden it was like magic..... I was only getting the occasional small pimple. I was amazed. I wanted to go 6 months but my derm stopped me @ 5. It was early June.

Since stopping I haven't had anything near a bad breakout (knock on wood). Much like before, I only get the occasional zit that heals and goes away within a few days. Have faith and just stay consistent. So to answer your question, yes your skin will continue to get better. I hated the redness but that was only because I am fair skinned. 1 month and doing great so far..... and you will be too!

All I use on my skin is a pH balanced gentle cleanser made by Eucerin, Dan's Benzoil Peroxide Gel (to fight bacteria from the outside), and Olay's hydrating beauty fluid. I think it's important to find a wash that is pH balanced. I use Proactiv's sulfur mask for spot treatment too. It just seems to make marks heal and fade very well.

While on accutane, you're skin condition reaches a peak point generally on the last month of the treatment,or the following month. Then even if you take care of yourself it goes downhill. You don't get terrible breakouts but your skin is not clean either. It generally cures back acne. This is what i and couple of my friends have experienced after accutane.

hey i went on 20mgs for 7 months and i weigh 180 lbs and im still 100% clean 4 months after treatment. i was on on the generic sotret