Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Im goin to the beach tomorrow and i was thinking about skipping the regimin in the morning cause last time i did it and went to the beach i got burnt is this the best way to go about this? and will missing one day have an effect?

Hi there. Since you are a regular BP user, you'll still need to use plenty of sun block on your face, and reapply as directed when you swim, even if you skip the a.m. regimen. I'd also recommend wearing a sport cap with a visor in the water if possible, to help shade your face. The effects of sun sensitivity do not reverse themselves in a day, so skipping BP once is not going to offer enough protection to be able to go without sunblock, or significantly lower your risk for a sun burn.

In terms of skipping BP increasing your risk for breakouts, that all depends on your skin, how easily you break out, and whether or not you're clear at the moment. But I'd say for one afternoon, you should be fine, clear or not. You can do an extra good job this evening to make up for it. :)

Hope this was helpful. Have fun at the beach! :cool: