Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Henchman

accutane and bacne

hi so iahve had bacne for too long.

i went on accutane for my face and for my bacne. but my bacne hasnt even improved one bit.

how comes i still get big bumps on my back and my face is perfectly clear now?

doesnt accutane like working on the back, because i havent seen ANY improvement on it.

have you done the full course?

I noticed that bacne cures a lot slower than facial acne... but the good thing is it stays that way too.

I took antibiotics they cleared my face fast but I still got pimples on my back for couple of months. However they eventually disappeard and havent come back since.

accutane rocks when it comes to clearing acne all over your body. but you're face is far more likely to clear faster and more completely than your back or chest, but rest assured that your body acne will heal. if its healing very slowly, realize that for stuborn body acne, up to 2mg/kg day is used to help get rid of it. if youre still on the 'tane, keep it up and maybe ask for a dosage increase. but relax...it will heal. and i agree with the above poster. antibiotics stopped breakouts on my face within a week, but took about a month to have the same effect on my back. late.

fletch