Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
backdoor_clobber

I'm Going Proactiv.

Does anyone have any success with it here? Or is it mostly negative? My skin isn't that sensitive to products(i don't get too much redness or flakes), so I thought i'd give it a try. What do you guys think?

Does anyone have any success with it here? Or is it mostly negative? My skin isn't that sensitive to products(i don't get too much redness or flakes), so I thought i'd give it a try. What do you guys think?

My sister tried it last week for the first time and she experienced a terribe reaction. Her face swelled immensly and she had to go get steroids from her doctor to clear up the redness that proactiv caused. I tried it a few years ago and the same thing happened to me except I didn't use any steroids for the redness to go away. About three months ago my friend who has never had acne before in his life had a huge breakout and he freaked out and has been using proactiv ever since then and although it has lessened red marks his acne remains and he has some really bad scars too. It might work for you though, you should try it and see what happens.

i used proactiv for about three years, its really effective in treating mild acne.

however after three years i had to be prescribed an oral antibiotic because my skin no longer tolerated the proactiv.

its a good kit, a little pricey but a good kit, makes you tan really quick so be careful of that.

as the above person said, have a look at dans regimen, it is similar to the proactiv kit.

good luck, remeber to blog about your progress so others can learn :)

I used it for almost a year and my face kept getting worse and worse!!! I know at least 12 people who have used it and had the same results but who know's you might be different but I have never heard anything good about Proactiv from REAL people so...I use Klaron now and my face is completley clear.

I use Proactiv , been using for years , i buy the 3 step system... it brings 2 product free

refining mask and Moisture ( for sun and dry skin <-- i love that ) :)'

for just $58... expensive though but worth it.

if u get 2-4 acne , proactiv for u :) if have alot.. is not for u.. u will need something powerful.

proactiv only has 2.5% bp

I tried proactiv about a year ago, and it didn't do anything! If anything, it made my skin worse. It is definitely not worth it. I've had more luck using water...

I used it for 3 months and had success. However, I quit using it in July, and my forehead is paying for it now with the post-acne marks (because of a horrible rebound effect breakout). DON'T QUIT COLD TURKEY! I started back using it August 6th, and now all my acne is going away. Now, I just have to find treatment for those dreaded red marks, which have faded a bit. I recommend it for mild-moderate acne. It didn't help my blackheads, but pore strips do.

I used Retin-A 0.1% (and I now wish I wouldn't have quit) prior to Proactiv back in April, and I think Retin-A is a little bit better, and is most likely better in the long run. I don't remember if I broke out for the first 2 months on it, but I do know Retin-A is probably best for me. Proactiv is second best. Just use a non-comedogenic, oil-free face sunscreen for which ever one you use! Both Retin-A and Proactiv can cause my fair skin to burn easier.

I tried Proactiv a couple of years back. I started off with the milder kit with only 2.5% BP in the lotion. I had a horrible pimple on my nose, that popped and created this massive crater, all while I was at school. Anyway, I called Proactiv and explained my situation. She recommended that I fill the hole with BP and order the kit for severe acne because the BP is 7%. I am currently using the 7% BP from Proactiv and my face has responded well thus far, but then again I'm trying other things too. If I were you, I think I'd give it a shot. It worked well for my Aunt and wonders for my teenage cousin. Good luck!

hehe, i am back to proactiv :) so far so good. ^^

just make sure to use it riight....

twice a day for best result..

they recommend to use it twice a day.