Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
margarett

can a guy with clear skin love a pretty girl with scars on her cheeks

i've had a bf for the past four years but we are always breaking up because of me....since we started dating i had acne but i wore lots of make up to hide it and i usually break up with my bf just to see if they really love me and all of them fail and he is the only one that keeps coming back and begs me to stay with him ....and i do feel like he loves me because he tells me no matter what he loves me with make up or not, but other times he tells me that no one will love me because of my skin and then i think to myself do i really look that bad without make up so then its when i get concious and ask myself then if noone else will like me then how does he love and tells me im beautiful and sexy.....we always break up cuz of me what should i do stay with him or leave him...do you think guys with clear skin could love a pretty girl with acne skin.....we broke up last night and this morning he call me and told me he love me and if i could please get back with him i said no and he told me he love me and hang the phone he hasn't call me since...... :cry:

Get away from him as fast as you can. If he says he loves you, then proceeds to say no one will love you because of your skin, he is an ABUSER, plain and simple. He is trying to manipulate you. First he gets you to stay with him because he says he loves you, and then he tries to trick you into thinking that no one else will ever love you so that you won't leave him.

Four years of being with someone who has this kind of mentality takes a toll on you, no matter how strong-minded you are. If someone puts you down and insults you enough, eventually you may start to believe it.

Stick with friends and family who are supportive of you, and stay away from those who play mind games like this. You said that you always break up "because of you." This leads me to think that your self-esteem is pretty low, and he's succeeded in making you think everything is your fault. It's NOT all your fault. It sounds like plenty of the problems in your relationship are his fault, because he is not treating you very nicely. You may want to consider seeing a therapist to help you gain your self-esteem back.

A man who really loves you won't say things like that to you. He does not love you, he just doesn't want to be alone. And he's lying to you - there are plenty of men out there who would love to get with a girl as pretty as you are (bad skin or not) and he KNOWS it.

Hey girl,

Ok first of all, there are better ways of testing your mans love that does not involve toying with his emotions and breaking up with the poor kid. Just ASK HIM! relationships should be based on communication and trust. If he tells you he loves you and acts like he loves you, there is a pretty good chance he isn't just messing with you!

But secondly and more importantly any guy that tells you no one will love you because of your skin is obviously no one you should be dating. anyone who talks you down like that really shouldnt' have any business dating you!! seriously! think about what emotional damage hes done to you just by saying that. it could be just an attempt to keep you with him, but you guys sound like you need to work some things out. I really hope this gave you some kind of insight.

Hope all works out!

Lily.

First of all *hug* to you. I think you should leave him, seems like he is being possessive, more than loving. Telling you he loves you and telling you no one else will, so you stay with HIM ONLY. This isn't love? Who is he to judge who will or won't love you. I think he is trying to destroy your self-esteem to control you. Leave him. I think maybe he is the one who has self-esteem issues and he is keeping you as a backup plan. Good luck to you friend.

Fuck that. If he said no one will love you because of your skin forget about him. That's low...and this is coming from ME.

Fuck that. If he said no one will love you because of your skin forget about him. That's low...and this is coming from ME.

Przking is the KING of low, so you better listen. :P One thing I agree with him on lol.

I agree with everyone here and him saying that about your skin is messed up. However, people say things in the heat of the moment. I've said some pretty shitty things to my loved ones in fights and they have to me as well. It's kind of messed up but the people who love you the most will say some horrible shit to you but that doesn't mean they don't love you. In fact, love could be the driving force to lead someone to say that, since love makes you fucking nuts. In any relationship, even ones that involve love, fights happen and things are said.

With that said....You remind me of my Ex a little though. The fact that you break up with your boyfriends and play with their minds simply as a test to see if they love you. It's so insecure and twisted. And even if the guy comes back to you they'll be fucked in the head from playing games with them...Relationships like this sometimes, but rarely turn out well...Go figure.

I agree. If he's telling you that you can't get anyone else, no matter what the reason is, kick him to the curb for good. That's degrading. Plus, you breaking up with guys just to see if they really love you isn't the way to go either. Most people aren't going to come back if you're telling them to get lost. Would you want to stick around if some guy told you he doesn't want you in his life anymore?

It is very possible for a clear guy to love a girl with scars. I'm living proof. I know it's hard to build self esteem when it's low, but you have to do it for yourself before you'll ever believe that someone else can find you attractive.

Ok first of all, there are better ways of testing your mans love that does not involve toying with his emotions and breaking up with the poor kid. Just ASK HIM! relationships should be based on communication and trust. If he tells you he loves you and acts like he loves you, there is a pretty good chance he isn't just messing with you!

This is more true than you know, guys will rarely mess around with their partners emotions toying, teasing and probing to get answers the way girls often do. We are a simple and are most easily approached directly. I agree with Lily, Just put it out on the table for him.

This is the way it is ....

This is the way I feel ....

I want to know this ....

What is your response?

i usually break up with my bf just to see if they really love me and all of them fail and he is the only one that keeps coming back and begs me to stay with him

This is bad.

this morning he call me and told me he love me and if i could please get back with him i said no and he told me he love me and hang the phone he hasn't call me since...... :cry:

He is finally manning up.

Relationships will have problems if there are discrepancies in looks or in something else (intelligence, height disparity, money). Both people have to be secure otherwise insecurities will cause problems. Which they are in this case.

Sry I didn't catch that part. Agreed, forget about him. Someone shouldn't say that. But you still should stop breaking up with guys to see who comes back. I would not come back to a girl like that. But I would make sure not be on the receiving end of a breakup in the first place.

I agree with everyone here...

If he really loves you, he would not say such a thing... Leave him. If my bf say that to me, it is over, and bye bye to him! I'll leave him immediately. It is not a healthy relationship. For yourself, and your skin, you need to have a better bf than him. Love makes your skin better :). What you have with your bf right now is not good for your skin at all...! too much stress :( I am sure that you can find someone who will really care about you and makes you happy ;) Don't waste your time and smile!

I had a cousin with acne and she married a guy with clear skin and had a child. you'll still be loved :] its okay

Well....now that you're single. :gimme:

yes i am!!! time to relax and watch movies and sleep early...back to my stress free life!! :clap:

I agree with people saying you should work out problems and not just give up and break up...but this guy seriously has traits of a mental abuser and I don't think anyone should put up with that. That said, I'm glad it's over for good

yes i am!!! time to relax and watch movies and sleep early...back to my stress free life!! :clap:

It's always stress free with the PrznKing :cool:

It's always stress free with the PrznKing :cool:

NICE !!! ;)

Yes :clap: ! Stress free and sleep early, relax! good for you!