Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marrakech

Horrible Breakout!

Hey everyone,

I have a horrible breakout. In 2006 I was complaining of acne, but that was NOTHING compared to what I have now. Terrible and terrifying. People stare at me like I'm a ill.

:(:( Lately, I have been eating very very healthy, can my breakout be my body's way of detoxing? I don't see why the better I eat, the worse my acne gets. I should go binge right now, so it can go back to the old skin I had. What do you think? Have you experienced detox (acne) for longer than 2 months?

Hey everyone,

I have a horrible breakout. In 2006 I was complaining of acne, but that was NOTHING compared to what I have now. Terrible and terrifying. People stare at me like I'm a ill.

:(:( Lately, I have been eating very very healthy, can my breakout be my body's way of detoxing? I don't see why the better I eat, the worse my acne gets. I should go binge right now, so it can go back to the old skin I had. What do you think? Have you experienced detox (acne) for longer than 2 months?

Everytime i eat "healthier," i just look and feel worse and worse. by "healthier" I mean the conventional low-fat high-complex-carb lotsa fruit and veg type "healthy" diet.

I have tried over the course of many years and every single time I end up looking and feeling a lot worse than when I started. I even went so far as to become a vegan for 6 weeks - that entire time i kept telling myself 'it's just detox symptoms, it'll get better, this is the pain before the gain' etc etc... i would also lose weight, and have sleeping problems and my mental health would suffer too.

then if i would go 'well this isn't working, nothing's gonna work' and just go back to a diet of food i liked and felt good on, the problems would get better too.

so first question is what diet are you currently on? I, as Healthoid advises, would recommend you do a metabolic typing quiz - if you have a fast metabolism, you may be (like me) unable to feel good on a low fat/low calorie, high carb diet and you might need more fat and protein. anyway.. you can look it up online, and if you can afford it you could do dr mercola's test... PM me if you can't find one online and i'll hook ya up :)

as for detox lasting 2 months, i think that would greatly depend on just how unhealthy your lifestyle has been up to this point and if the 'detox' symptoms are getting worse or better.

Hey everyone,

I think that when people change their diets sometimes they find a "healthy substitute" like soy that actually causes the acne to get worse in a different way. The skin may become drier and the acne can move to a different part of the face, which seems counterintuitive if one is eating better overall and removing dairy, sugar, and wheat from the diet. So I would ask if you are now eating more fruit, legumes, soy or fat to compensate for the unhealthy foods that you removed from your diet? And, what part of the face is your acne getting worse? I have not experienced a detox of acne for longer than 2 weeks, but it is definitely possible if you cut out several unhealthy foods at once.

This happened to me, it will pass. Your body has to get rid of the crap somehow and it looks like it's choosing your skin as the fastest method.

My advice = keep at it for a few more weeks before you reconsider.

It could be from something that your are eating. Even if it's healthy!

I found when I was doing massive juicing flushing (cleansing my various organs with herbs and juicing) that I didn't get one single pimple...maybe, because my lifestyle for most of my life has been an organic and healthy one.

But, as soon as I stopped cleansing I started drinking alot of wheatgrass, something that I use to do for yrs, but stopped. (didn't have the time to sprout and grow wheatgrass, etc...) Anyways every time I drank it for a couple days I would get cysts on my chin and I never get those...so after slowly pinpointing it to that I stopped drinking it for awhile and would start drinking it periodically and it would start again. So for now I am omitting it.

Even though it's extremely healthy and beneficial my body it's notagreeing with me for now.

It's funny, because the last time I went to Ann Wigmore's raw food spa I had the same reaction, but I didn't clue in at the time.

I use to go to a natural estetican kind of person and from what I remember pimples on different parts of ones face corrospondes to their organs.

e.g. chin is the colon/also hormones, cheecks are the stomach and from what I can remember I believe part of the forehead is the gallbladder and liver (the last one I'm not too sure about.)

so, it's something that may or may not help you.

But, it may help in letting you know what organs are being effected by what you're eating and perhaps what organs need to be strenghten, cleansed etc...

I know exactly what you are going through. I was completely clear about 6 months ago. Then slowly but surely, the more I cleaned up my diet, the more I broke out. Now I have more acne now then I have had in my entire life!! My diet wasn't even that bad before to begin with. I went from a healthy diet to a raw vegan diet. I have since incorporated more cooked meals and diary into my diet, but not meat. I am also using some topicals such as BP and saclytic acid. Hopefully I can get back to what I was before!!

I found when I was doing massive juicing flushing (cleansing my various organs with herbs and juicing) that I didn't get one single pimple...maybe, because my lifestyle for most of my life has been an organic and healthy one.

But, as soon as I stopped cleansing I started drinking alot of wheatgrass, something that I use to do for yrs, but stopped. (didn't have the time to sprout and grow wheatgrass, etc...) Anyways every time I drank it for a couple days I would get cysts on my chin and I never get those...so after slowly pinpointing it to that I stopped drinking it for awhile and would start drinking it periodically and it would start again. So for now I am omitting it.

Even though it's extremely healthy and beneficial my body it's notagreeing with me for now.

It's funny, because the last time I went to Ann Wigmore's raw food spa I had the same reaction, but I didn't clue in at the time.

I use to go to a natural estetican kind of person and from what I remember pimples on different parts of ones face corrospondes to their organs.

e.g. chin is the colon/also hormones, cheecks are the stomach and from what I can remember I believe part of the forehead is the gallbladder and liver (the last one I'm not too sure about.)

But, it may help in letting you know what organs are being effected by what you're eating and perhaps what organs need to be strenghten, cleansed etc...

Yes, I would have to agree with creamsoda. ..

I though avacaldos, would be great, ya know to give some flavor to my veggies ext...and then the next day I woke up, and a pimple was starting to form...

so you need to try and see what is in your healthy diet that is causing you havoc on your skin...you could be allergic/sensative to "healthy foods".. as well

Creamsoda, I also want to ask you about the organ thing, with acne on your face, and what ill organs areas internally , are showing acne on diff. spots on your face..?

Is there a site,or link I can visit that will shows more detail? I am highly interested in that!

Thanks!!

Maybe when you eat healthier the body is detoxing like it should but your eliminative organs i.e. liver, colon are not able to keep up with pushing the toxins out so they come through the skin? I have struggled with this scenario for years and a smart person (from a different website) in a similar situation finally clued me in to colon cleansing (colonics, enemas) and its link to toxins and acne. Even though I eat a ton of fiber, fresh foods, etc. my colon might be hampered by old waste causing toxins to recirculate back into the system. So, the healthier I eat the more toxins released and these toxins keep recirculating and perpetuating the cycle.

Like, for some people with optimally functioning colons, they would eat healthy, perhaps experience an initial detox as released toxins overwhelm the body at first, but quickly the colon is able to handle the toxic load and is able to move them out of the body. When this happens, that higher level of health is achieved (i.e. clear skin)

I am currently working on cleaning up the colon with enemas, colonics, and supplements designed to dissolve waste, absorb toxins, and move them out of the body where they belong. I am expecting it will take time but I will see dramatic results

Maybe when you eat healthier the body is detoxing like it should but your eliminative organs i.e. liver, colon are not able to keep up with pushing the toxins out so they come through the skin? I have struggled with this scenario for years and a smart person (from a different website) in a similar situation finally clued me in to colon cleansing (colonics, enemas) and its link to toxins and acne. Even though I eat a ton of fiber, fresh foods, etc. my colon might be hampered by old waste causing toxins to recirculate back into the system. So, the healthier I eat the more toxins released and these toxins keep recirculating and perpetuating the cycle.

Like, for some people with optimally functioning colons, they would eat healthy, perhaps experience an initial detox as released toxins overwhelm the body at first, but quickly the colon is able to handle the toxic load and is able to move them out of the body. When this happens, that higher level of health is achieved (i.e. clear skin)

I am currently working on cleaning up the colon with enemas, colonics, and supplements designed to dissolve waste, absorb toxins, and move them out of the body where they belong. I am expecting it will take time but I will see dramatic results

Our skin is our waste ban.. :confused: ..

sucks!

I tend to disagree with everyone, if its still going on after two months with no improvement, its probably something you are eating. Eating "Healthy" is reletive. For instance, gluten found in many "healthy" whole grains can break many people out. Many people switch to vegetarianism or veganism thinking that its healthier. And depending on how you go about it, it certainly can be. But if you drop meat eating, in favor of eating more bread you might break out worse despite this "healthier diet." For the sake of acne, I would start a complete elimination diet for a while, and slowly introduce new foods. And you really need to stay vigilant. Start with lean animal meats, rice and green vegetables. No supplements (could contain hidden casein and gluten). Avoid all grains and sweet fruits, dairy, eggs. It will be very tough at first. You won't have to maintain this diet for more than 2 weeks or so. The results should be pretty obvious even in that short amount of time. If you become clear, or show definite signs of clearing begin to add new classes of food one at a time. THis diet really sucks at first, but it was the only thing that helped me identify triggers for me, and was better than aimlessly guessing with random diet changes and supplements.

if you're eating healthy then it's coming from another factor. there's more than food that an cause acne.

-stress

-environment

etc

sucks!

I was actually a vegetarian before and since I got a breakout, I've gone back to meat, mostly lamb and salmon. (those two I really like) and they're beneficial for blood B- diet. And Im on gluten free diet now. !!! Ughh!! what doctor can test me for food sensitivities/allergies? Should I even take the test?

sucks!

I was actually a vegetarian before and since I got a breakout, I've gone back to meat, mostly lamb and salmon. (those two I really like) and they're beneficial for blood B- diet. And Im on gluten free diet now. !!! Ughh!! what doctor can test me for food sensitivities/allergies? Should I even take the test?

To be honest with you I don't think that you should waste your time or money on an allergy tests!

The thought of that is dreadfull..inaccurate and misleading..I could go on about that!

I think that I have done every possible allergy testing that is possisble available and they weren't very useful. The last was 6 yrs. ago when I literally spent over $10,000 on a natural allergy testing that also claimed to remove the allergy. Anyone heard of NAET?

I had massive, massisve allergies and I honestly found the only way to truly find any of my allergies was to be extremely intune with my body. (which thankfully is sensitive enough to let me know...if I'm paying attention)

I think that someone had mentioned eating a mono diet? Basically eating very limited food and seeing how you respond to them. (the operative word being "very limited"), but if I'm not mistaken I believe they recomend doing a short juice flush first.

After eating the limited amount of food introduce one more food.

Allergies can be disguised in many ways...and sometimes one can have delayed reactions...meaning that you may not feel it immediately after, perhaps you'll feel it the next day or even the day after, which is why it's important to have a limited amount and to introduce a new item gradually.

(if you're really interested I could pull out my book and get more specific with it)

As far as knowing if you are having a reaction it can range from a headache to feel dizzzy or like your hungover, tired, sleepy, hives, really irritable, difficulty focusing or concentrating.

Allergy reactions can also mimmick candida and many other things.

It took me quite some time to identify mine and I was extremely on top of it, kept a food diary of what I ate, how I felt after, if there were any symptoms the next day, etc..

(physically, emotionally and mentally) And on top of that I also wrote all the items (products I used, touched, smelt...it was very time consuming) I use to react to certain smells and things that I was in contact with. It was a nightmare!

According to Dr.Clark's book she feels allergies stem from parasites in an extremely disabled liver (I believe sheep liver flukes is what she has pinpointed it to be and that they have more then clogged bile ducts , they have sheep liver flukes living in the bile ducts.

I personally believe that, because I've noticed such a vast improvement in my allergies since I've done massive colon cleanses, parasite cleanses, kidneys and liver.(I mentioned in one of my topics about how I passed an extremely long and wide parasite during my last cleanse)

I just need to keep up with it!

So my friend if you really think that you may have allergies and even if you don't think so it might be a really good idea to do a good colon cleanse and maybe another one just in case.

Then start doing a parasite cleanse, followed by liver flush and kidney cleansel.

You may want to do them often. It is suggested to cleanse for each new season, but I would do all of those close together in the begining and then seasonally for each organ

I don't know about detoxing so much for a change of diet, sure I think that you'll feel kind of funky once you stopped eating some of the unhealthy foods ( go through withdrawls, especially sugar, coffee and preservatives) and maybe more so if it was an allergen.

But who knows, God made us all differently for some special reason!

l

Yes, I would have to agree with creamsoda. ..

I though avacaldos, would be great, ya know to give some flavor to my veggies ext...and then the next day I woke up, and a pimple was starting to form...

so you need to try and see what is in your healthy diet that is causing you havoc on your skin...you could be allergic/sensative to "healthy foods".. as well

Creamsoda, I also want to ask you about the organ thing, with acne on your face, and what ill organs areas internally , are showing acne on diff. spots on your face..?

Is there a site,or link I can visit that will shows more detail? I am highly interested in that!

Thanks!!

Are you asking me where my acne is on my face? Ooh I don't have any on my face, my problem is old scars. Anways no I don't know of any websites or links, although I wish that I did (I can't stand forgetting things). A very health conscious european woman that used to do facials on me told me about it and that was many, many yrs. ago. And unfortunately I moved.

You might be able to find something in chineese books though, because their really into meridians,organs, etc.. or even a health book about faces. ( I can't remember the book, but it's something along that line and about beauty)

Sorry about that and if you do come across something pls. let me know.

I just remembered a relatively quick and easy way to test for allergies on your own and I think that this is by far the most accurate....it's almost priceless!

Take whatever you want to test vitamin, a single food item, shampoo, etc... and put it into a clean (empty) baby food jar (because it's lead free and will make it more accurate for testing) and hold onto that jar (make sure your hands are clean too) while holding onto that jar (with one hand wrapped around it ) do not use your other hand to hold onto anything, no eating, smoking, nothing until your done. you need to hold onto that jar for an hr.and nothing else. While you are sitting or laying with that jar pay attention to how you feel if you notice a diff. or not and most especially after the hr. Be sure to wash your hands after a minute to remove the energy of whatever item you were testing forl.

If you were feeling funky after then you know the energy of that item is not agreeing with you whether it's a slight feeling or major. But the good thing about this is that once you wash your hands you should no longer feel the negative effect.

I think this is better then going for bogus allergy testing!

Lets say someone tested negative for chicken (a number one common allergy), but regardless whose to say that it's actually the chicken that is the allergen, it could be the food that the chicken eats or even the chemicals that were sprayed onto the chickens food.

For the extremely sensitive I think that it would effect them.