Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lily Marie

Putting a stop to my acne. FINALLY.

I went to my derm today. My acne is resisting all antibiotics she's given me. At my last appointment she suggested accutane. Oh HELL no, I thought. I can't. I won't. And, now I have.

I signed my life away today and started the process. She gave me a thick booklet about how my potential babies that I won't be having are going to be retarded and oddly shaped. i really never thought that it would get to this point.

I'm really nervous about starting this treatment. I have read up on the side effects and have done some searching through arbitrary accutane blogs and have found a LOT of joint pain. I run daily and bike often. I'm more nervous that its going to keep me from doing that. Quite frankly running is what is keeping me on this planet and gives me what little endorphins I need to fight the daily battle of having acne... It also distracts me long enough to avoid finding roof access :)

Guys, I'd really love some advice about what accutane has done for you. This is my last resort, and only a month left until I start it. Is clear skin so much to ask without damaging the rest of my body in the process???

Lily.

I went to my derm today. My acne is resisting all antibiotics she's given me. At my last appointment she suggested accutane. Oh HELL no, I thought. I can't. I won't. And, now I have.

I signed my life away today and started the process. She gave me a thick booklet about how my potential babies that I won't be having are going to be retarded and oddly shaped. i really never thought that it would get to this point.

I'm really nervous about starting this treatment. I have read up on the side effects and have done some searching through arbitrary accutane blogs and have found a LOT of joint pain. I run daily and bike often. I'm more nervous that its going to keep me from doing that. Quite frankly running is what is keeping me on this planet and gives me what little endorphins I need to fight the daily battle of having acne... It also distracts me long enough to avoid finding roof access :)

Guys, I'd really love some advice about what accutane has done for you. This is my last resort, and only a month left until I start it. Is clear skin so much to ask without damaging the rest of my body in the process???

Lily.

I've read that the extreme side effects are very rare. Its just up to you, if you can stand to live with acne and its definetly not worth risking those side effects then thats up to you. But if you really cannot stand your acne anymore i would suggest accutane. Its not like you have to keep using it if you start feeling funny, just as long as your on top of everything and are always aware of your body and how your feeling and keeping in close contact with your doctor then you should be ok, and if for some reason you do get a weird side effect then you can stop taking accutane before it gets too serious.