Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
teadrinker

I am starting an experiment

Allright, two days ago I bought a juicer and I am going to experiment on myself with carrot juice for the next three weeks. I am going to drink 8-12 ounces of carrot juice (about 8 large carrots) everyday for twenty one days to see if anything happens to my acne. Today is day two, I will report back with my findings. I do not care if my skin changes color! So far avoiding dairy has not helped with my acne and I know that my main triggers are foods that contain gluten due to past experiments of avoiding gluten for three weeks. However, I am not willing to stop eating gluten filled foods just because of acne. I hope the carrot juice works

:)

If you think that you are sensitive to gluten, and perhaps allergic to it, this is a very serious issue, much more than acne. People with celiac disease literally destroy their small intestine when they consume gluten or get "glutened" and this can cause a whole host of other issues as the small intestine is...well, kind of important. I'd look into that, if I were you.

The carrot juicing sounds good, though :] I know that several people have gotten clear by doing that.

If you think that you are sensitive to gluten, and perhaps allergic to it, this is a very serious issue, much more than acne. People with celiac disease literally destroy their small intestine when they consume gluten or get "glutened" and this can cause a whole host of other issues as the small intestine is...well, kind of important. I'd look into that, if I were you.

The carrot juicing sounds good, though :] I know that several people have gotten clear by doing that.

I will look into celiac disease although I am obsessed with pasta, so I don't know if I could ever fully elimiate gluten containing products. Thank you for your advice!

I will look into celiac disease although I am obsessed with pasta, so I don't know if I could ever fully elimiate gluten containing products. Thank you for your advice!

if you're willing to drink carrot juice for acne you should be able to stop eating pasta.

it's only pasta, really and you can substitute different foods. i did anyways

if you're willing to drink carrot juice for acne you should be able to stop eating pasta.

it's only pasta, really and you can substitute different foods. i did anyways

but I think carrot juice tastes amazing, and pasta equally so. For me it is much easier to start eating something than it is to stop eating something.

For me it is much easier to start eating something than it is to stop eating something.

I was reading an interesting book last night which stated that it's what you remove from your diet completely that will cure you

For me it is much easier to start eating something than it is to stop eating something.

I was reading an interesting book last night which stated that it's what you remove from your diet completely that will cure you

this fact greatly saddens me :(

this fact greatly saddens me :(

I know it's tough but, as a lot of people on here will tell you, you soon get used to the changes in your diet and don't necessarily miss the things you cut out...

I agree if gluten is an issue for you I'd would absolutely say that celiac is an issue.

And would by all means avoid it and wouldn't mess around with harming your colon.

Perhaps your colon is really distressed and could be the culprit for acne problems? Or part of it.

I found that whenever I ate anything with gluten that my fingers would swell up and I just assumed that I had it and gave up gluten ( I'm reallly good at giving things up if their not good for my temple!)

Anyways, yrs. later I went to a dr. and he did a whole wack of tests on me to check my body for nutrients, heavy metals, etc..and one of the tests were for celiac (maybe,because I mentioned that I thought that I had it and the reasoning why) and sure enough I tested positive for the antibodies.

I was relieved that I had been avoiding gluten, but it's too bad that as a child I was eating it.

Once again Dr.Clark mentions that gluten allergy is due to parasites.

I think that I'll have to test that one some time soon.

As far as your carrot juice experiement how about trying it with some leafy greens, celery, beets and cucumber (which is really cooling and will remove any heat in your body)

Our food should look like a rainbow.

Brown rice pasta as mentioned is really yummy! We eat nothing, but and even "Pamela's pancake mix" made from rice flour, etc.. is soo good.

You could give it a try.

I agree if gluten is an issue for you I'd would absolutely say that celiac is an issue.

And would by all means avoid it and wouldn't mess around with harming your colon.

Perhaps your colon is really distressed and could be the culprit for acne problems? Or part of it.

I found that whenever I ate anything with gluten that my fingers would swell up and I just assumed that I had it and gave up gluten ( I'm reallly good at giving things up if their not good for my temple!)

Anyways, yrs. later I went to a dr. and he did a whole wack of tests on me to check my body for nutrients, heavy metals, etc..and one of the tests were for celiac (maybe,because I mentioned that I thought that I had it and the reasoning why) and sure enough I tested positive for the antibodies.

I was relieved that I had been avoiding gluten, but it's too bad that as a child I was eating it.

Once again Dr.Clark mentions that gluten allergy is due to parasites.

I think that I'll have to test that one some time soon.

Brown rice pasta as mentioned is really yummy! We eat nothing, but and even "Pamela's pancake mix" made from rice flour, etc.. is soo good.

You could give it a try.

just wondering, how is anything containing rice gluten free? I thought rice was pure gluten?

I totally get where your coming from. I don't think rice pasta is half as good as normal pasta anyways. In the end, we must do what makes us happy=)

I read a while back that too many carrots can actually aggravate acne because one of it's ingredients interferes with your hormones. I discovered that from a chinese woman who cured her acne doing liver cleansing and was stating which foods to limit, carrots was one. Hmm.

But good luck NOT turning orange :redface:

the acne on my right cheeck seems to be getting a lot smaller and my knuckles/parts of fingers near nails are turning orange! Oh, I have increased the carrot juice to 16 ounces a day and today is the fourth day. I kind of want to turn orange, that would be fun! Although I googled someone else doing the carrot experiment and she did not turn completely orange, she just became slightly orange.

just wondering, how is anything containing rice gluten free? I thought rice was pure gluten?

Rice doesn't contain gluten.

Carrot juice helped my skin enormously. You might want to take a bit of olive oil or some other healthy oil when you drink it since this helps you absorb the nutrients.

Rice doesn't contain gluten.

Carrot juice helped my skin enormously. You might want to take a bit of olive oil or some other healthy oil when you drink it since this helps you absorb the nutrients.

the rice thing is a good one to know! Yes, I have been taking it with olive oil.

hey there Using the blender is way too dangerous to produce a fruit juice , blender with fast cutting knife will destroy every particle and benefits they have in a carrot .. thus produce bad protein .my advice buy a juicer machine with which press on carrots . you can try chopping tiny bits of them and throw them in the machine ..add one big lemon inside . lemons contain AHA

hey there Using the blender is way too dangerous to produce a fruit juice , blender with fast cutting knife will destroy every particle and benefits they have in a carrot .. thus produce bad protein .my advice buy a juicer machine with which press on carrots . you can try chopping tiny bits of them and throw them in the machine ..add one big lemon inside . lemons contain AHA

umm, first, I am using a juicer. Second, WHAT?! To my knowledge blenders will make the vitamins in fruits/vegetables easier to synthasize, I do not know what you mean by "destroying particles." I know that when you eat plan carrots you only get a small amount of the vitamin A in their cells because your body cannot break down the fiber in carrots, thus juicing is necessary to maximize vitamin absorbence in your body. I do not need to cut fruit/vegetables for my juicer, it is amazing, really. Thank you for your concern though!

HAA!! i tried the exact same thing, nothing happend.

and i went all out for like three months, carrot juice and straight cans of sweet potatoes.

I dont expect you too believe me, but i would love to save you some time and energy.

Is that true? In my smoothies i include stuff like cucumber and was planning on putting in some carrots to see how it goes. But would it be pointless then?