Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

do any of you hate every goddamn waking moment of your fucking pathetic life while on accutane because you always look/feel like absolute shit...24 fucking 7? And have you truly forgot how to be happy? i seriously feel like i haven't been happy in about a year...not once. i can't even remember the last time i laughed...or smiled!

just wondering...

definitely. all the time.

i feel like a living curse. i have no life, no purpose now other than waiting for accutane to take its effect. Laughing and enjoying myself are all but a distant memory that is rapidly fading. It's hard to hang on to the hope of a better life when you can hardly remember what that felt like.. Though i know for sure i WAS once happy and that fact alone is enough to keep me going.

I haven't started yet, but I already feel this way. I dread getting out of bed and having to look in the mirror, half the time I won't get up to go the bathroom in the middle of the night because I don't want to look in the mirror. I actually duck when I walk by it sometimes, and I always look away when I walk by any other mirror.

Just remember that this will all be over soon. You'll be acne free soon because of Accutane. You might still have some lingering red marks or scars, but those red marks go away and scars can become less noticeable over time.

I haven't started yet, but I already feel this way. I dread getting out of bed and having to look in the mirror, half the time I won't get up to go the bathroom in the middle of the night because I don't want to look in the mirror. I actually duck when I walk by it sometimes, and I always look away when I walk by any other mirror.

Just remember that this will all be over soon. You'll be acne free soon because of Accutane. You might still have some lingering red marks or scars, but those red marks go away and scars can become less noticeable over time.

You read my mind

i can definitely relate. I took accutane like 7 years ago. I remember feeling really depressed while on it. School was just fuel to the fire. My face got real bad when I started my course and everyone noticed. People can be so mean to you when its not their problem. It was like a living hell. I was practically invisible (or tried to be). I just wanted to stay in my room til I got better. I hated looking in the mirror unless it was from very far away because then you couldn't really see all the acne. I felt like an alien or something. :(

do any of you hate every goddamn waking moment of your fucking pathetic life while on accutane because you always look/feel like absolute shit...24 fucking 7? And have you truly forgot how to be happy? i seriously feel like i haven't been happy in about a year...not once. i can't even remember the last time i laughed...or smiled!

just wondering...

I hate to gloat, but actually, I look great and feel fine compared to my life before starting. Of course, I have no side effects and I'm almost 2 months in. But my face is no longer oily and the makeup doesn't slide off anymore or look cakey! The large cysts are almost completely gone and everything is clearing up slowly. There have been days with ups and downs when I would have an inital breakout, but I just brush it off and try not to think about it. I just think of how awesome I'm going to look in November....no wait, most likely by the end of the summer!

The mindset I had when going on tane was very optimistic. I knew it could get horribly worse before it got better, but I couldn't wait to start this drug and actually wished I had started in so much earlier!

You have to think about how by taking Accutane you are on the road to clear skin, granted it is a bumpy road but atleast you are there right? There are 2 paths in life the negative and the postivie path, which one are you going to choose. Choose positive it is much easier to get through life. If you are feeling that depressed you need to seek counseling, do not let this drug bring you down, YOU ARE BETTER THAN THAT! You are on your way to clear skin just think about how awesome you will feel once you are done with your course.

I feel much better taking Accutane, too. I'm seeing my skin getting better, it just makes me happy and smile. My confidence is coming back:). Of course, sometimes I feel down, but I try to be positive. You know, life is short, so better be happy and smile than be sad... ;) Good luck with your treatment!

being depressed about your skin isnt gonna help matters, if anything its just gonna stress you out and make you break out more.. i understand your frusteration when it comes to acne but just know its a phase, and you'll get through it.. there worse things in life

I honestly feel the same way as the first poster.

I have to hide inside all day because if I go outside, I will turn into even more of a tomatoe. So I can't golf, play basketball, run outside unless it's after 8pm when the sun is going down. Then I have maybe half an hour before it gets really dark- but lately it rains every night, so I can't really go out.

Plus my skin is still shit. I've been on tane for 70 days, and it doesn't do shit except give me bloody lips, dry skin, and joint pain. The IB was just loads of fun too.

While all of my peers are out having a good time partying, I am stuck at home playing video games and surfing the web. Tane + partying definitely do not compliment each other very well.

High school just ended a few weeks ago, and a lot of my "friends" don't seem like friends anymore.

The only thing that makes me happy anymore is weight lifting, I would probably kill myself if I didnt have that right now.

sorry... had to get it out

I think the whole reason that accutane is tied to depression and suicide is because it makes your face look like crap. You can see every scar and redmark. It really sucks. I was really self conscious about my acne, but I think I am even more embarrased about all my scars showing. Cant wait til its all over and my skin comes back to normal.