Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
unisole

Can you eat what you want while on Accutain?

Im into my 6th week on 60mg per day.. ( second corse)

I looked like i was clearin amazing 2 weeks into my corse then bamm i got like 5 big red pimples on my forhead and all down my right side of my face.

********* What i am trying to say really is.. Ive been eating alot of Kebabs, Burgers, Potatoe Wedges from chip shops in England and its very fatty and greasy, ive been eating this so my tablets would work proply.. but do you think this has been breaking me out? all of the fast food i have been eating?? or doesnt it make a difference what i eat?? will i still clear?

One more thing, sorry about this.

Sometimes in the night time i see oil on my face like its shiny is this normal for being on accutain?? im 6 weeks into it.

Should i wipe away the grease with some makeup wipes?.. because thats what ive been doing. Or should i leave the oil on and maybe it will help moisture my skin?

Sorry for the questions, but i need your help thanks alot!

You don't need to be eating fast food to make your Accutane work better. A higher fat meal IS better, but you don't have to go overboard. I'm going to be eating 2 tablespoons of peanut butter with my pills when I start them next week. That's healthy fat, not saturated or trans which are bad for your heart.

As for the oil, blotting works well. Just take some tissue or some toilet paper and blot your face a few times a day. Shiny oily isn't attractive, and can't be good for your pores either. You'll still have a bit of oil left on your face after blotting, but it won't look as bad.

thanks, im cutting down on the fast food now and trying to eat healthy.

another thing, eating chocolate and biscuits while on accutain will you still clear or will it just make the acne persist?

im so confused if i eat junk food will the accutain still work or will it have little difference on my face because im still eating junk food.

another thing, eating chocolate and biscuits while on accutain will you still clear or will it just make the acne persist?

im so confused if i eat junk food will the accutain still work or will it have little difference on my face because im still eating junk food.

Eating "junk" food has no bearing on acne. That is an old wive's tale that has been continually disproven. Eat what you want.

Eating "junk" food has no bearing on acne. That is an old wive's tale that has been continually disproven. Eat what you want.

Haha, diet has a major role on sebum production in many individuals. If it doesn't for you, then well done for you, but I know for sure that it does for me and many other people. Have you even tried eating healthily before coming to this conclusion anyway? I would like to see factual evidence about this being, "continuously disproven" as I am yet to find any kind of study that shows so. Even milk and iodine are getting large amounts of attention recently, to their possibility of causing acne.

I know what you are saying OP (sweet, first time I've used this, I feel so awesome), but I think you should just eat healthy anyway. We aren't 100% sure if you can get away with eating crap, just because accutane is protecting you. I'm eating healthily anyway, as to not risk breakouts as the marks left behind last for about 8 months with me. Stop taking your pills with crap fats, opt for something like houmous, nuts/nut butters, mayonaisse with your healthy dinner, etc... Why risk making it worse, just because you have the unknown possibility that crap food may not affect your skin?

Chocolate breaks me out almost instantly ( A breakout happening the following days) Food processed with industrial oil makes me break out as well, and dairy products, so yea "Junk Food" does break me out. I asked my dermatologist and he said to stay off foods that made me breakout. So, come to my house and tell my face that chocoloate and fast food are ok?

i would stick with healthy (and possibly organic food) stuff because Accutane really wears your body out... it's under a lot of stress you know

so eat your fruits&veggies (shot of V8 takes care of my veggies) and drink plenty of water

i mean you dont have to change your whole diet for accutane course, but just adjust small things here and there and make your diet a little more healthy

and as for me, dairy products didnt cause any significant issue to my skin, whereas before accutane it questionably worsened my acne